1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Can someone tell me about the Wayne Brady between song? Was there more than one song with Wayne? Also, could someone give me a rundown of the Bert & Ernie dance bit?

Thanks.

Heard about the Elmo loves Gina plotline on toughpigs.com. Can't say's I blame him, I had a crush on her when I was a lad;)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Here you go

Ok Erine's and Bert's dance thing. Well Erine surpise Bert while reading a book and says "Lets dance" So then a stob light comes down from the cealling and spins. While monsters start to dance with Bert. They do the husle (Oh don't mind my spelling) disco, tango and for some reason everything goes back to normal, with Bert saying "What just happend?" then saying "This never happend." then goes back on reading his book. And Wayne only had one song. So there you go. Hope thats enough imfomation for ya.;)
  3. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Well, I think I only watched the SS shows from 1999 or 2000 on Noggin...But, hey! Most SS fans who like classic SS did not like the current SS, but most of us MC fans enjoyed the 34th season! The premiere of the 34th season was sponsored by "12" because it had the Ladybug Picnic (I know it's right after the Count's number of the day segment). The second episode was sponsored by "2" because it had the classic toucan 2-step sung by a cartoon fiddler. What classic cartoons, films and muppet segments are finally back on this new season?
  4. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Uh, Mikealan, I feel that I need to correct you on a couple of things.
    1 The Season 34 priemere did indeed feature the classic song about the number 12, "The Ladybug's Picnic" but the episode was factually sponsored by the number 7. When my namesake started playing his counting organ, it went all the way up to 7, followed by seven dancing chickens. There was even a classic narrated cartoon about 7 cats.
    2 The animated fiddler character is Jim Henson's the Amazing Slim. He sang songs like the 2-step and the Amazing 3 Song with actual appearances. Jim just sang other classic cartoon number songs but his character never appeared in them.
    Hope this helps.
  5. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

There was another classic clip today!

Well, I'm the Mighty M!
    Don't Mess with ME!
    Or your name will be MUD!
    I can Mix it up, I can Mow it down!
    So, what do ya think of that, MMMM???
  6. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 New Member

Man, I was so pumped. I was going to post something about how yummy Gina looked, but, sure enough, leave it to Quinn to ruin my whole day.

Dirty old man.

Crazy, Man

Anthony F. Strand

;)

I LOVE THESE SMILIES! HOW LONG HAVE THOSE BEEN HERE?!

Oh well, I guess that's what I get for having a life. The things you miss . . .
  7. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

:halo:
  8. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

To answer a couple of questions:

Jennifer Barnhart is playing Gladys now. (She was Cleo on Between the Lions, and was also a Book of Pooh puppeteer.) Jennifer also plays Mama Bear now, and Stephanie D'Abruzzo will be playing Baby Bear's new sibling.

Frank Oz spent two days taping for season 34, with particular emphasis on Bert and Ernie.

Cookie didn't appear at the Karaoke night because David was busy playing Baby Bear in every take.

Somebody mentioned a "Prairie Dawn"-like girl Muppet in the background of the Karaoke scenes. She was an unofficial Muppet tribute to Britney Spears.

secret squirrel
  9. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

...awesome.

The other stuff is good too.

Will the "Britney" girl make another appearance, or is she just background for now?

Hard to say, I imagine.

Personally, if they're doing little girl Muppets I'd prefer to see Prairie or Betty Lou in the background for the sake continuity for the 20-somethings watching :halo: but she was pretty cute.

Glad to see my favorite cow back in action!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  10. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Are you kidding me?

Hahaha... Britney seeps into SS culture huh? Can I get a "Oops, I did it again!" please?

Hahaha
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

SecretSquirrel, when you say that the little girl Muppet in the background during the karaoke sing-along was an unofficial Muppet tribute to Britany Speres...

1 Do you mean that this is the latest Muppet celebrity spoof?
    2 Will she appear again in other sketches as an interactive character or will she just stay in the background?
    3 Does she have a name and if so, what is it?
    4 Could you please describe what she looked like for my benefit, using as much details in your description as possible?
    Thanks for your help and have a good day.
  12. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 New Member

I hate (or if your prefer, love) to correct myself, but . . .

Gabi. I don't know why I'm even bringing this up, I actually meant Gabi, because she hasn't look hot in the past. Gina's been hot since I was five years old.

Not that it really matters what I meant.

Crazy, Man

Anthony F. Strand

Cause Gina and Quinn are like the same age, so then he wouldn't even be a dirty old man. Oh, never mind!
  13. Hays

Hays New Member

Anybody else notice the AMs sort of wandering around during the Cookie Hood episode? There was a brunette female looking confused and heading towards Hooper's Store, and a brunette little boy. Interesting that they were just out there, wandering around.

New interns?
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

He also plaied Grover on at least one Global Grover, the Bath one.
  15. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Are you sure that Betty-Lou girl was meant to look like Britney Spears? I don't think so. But Gina does kind of remind me of Britney. And you know, if Allison B. O'Reilly (the actress who plays Gina) had to leave the show for some reason, I actually think Britney Spears would make a good Gina.
  16. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Secret Squirrel knows what he is talking about.

You shut up now.
  17. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Wow, I never noticed that about her. But I didn't really get a good look at her. I'll have to look at her more closely the next time I see it.
  18. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

:grouchy: :boo: :eek: :attitude: :cry:
  19. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

Hmm, the morning after I realized that I forgot to add the obligatory "winks and smiles" to my last post.

All in good fun, people. All in good fun.
  20. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

I think that the classic "7" cartoon about cats was new to the season, but it did remind me of older clips.

Second, you mention that the fiddler is named "The Amazing Slim" as a Henson character. This is probably from the "The Count Counts" album, though I don't own it, but on the show he is called "Donnie Bud" and performed by someone else, likely either Don Hadley or Bud Luckey since they wrote the songs.