1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Splurge

Splurge Member

I tuned into that episode and kinda dug it.

I think a fun twist to that plot, (I realize this might really belong in the "Things They'd Never Say" column) is if the culprit turned out to be Ernie in a Cookie Monster suit. He could probably say to the moms and dads in the viewing audience, "Face it, folks. He asked for this when he did this to me. What goes around comes around!" :D
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I really gotta start waking up at 9am 'cause I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
  3. sfgirl

sfgirl New Member

My son (~2years old) and I have seen up to Episode #4037 (Super Grover's cape). I sit/dance/point things out/etc every episode with him. Reactions so far:

My son REALLY misses Monster Time. He has waited for it everyday then sadly looks at me saying, "mnst?" (or something that sounds like it) I still have some last season episodes Tivo'd and he is SO excited when Monster Time comes on.

On the other hand...he wandered away during Global Thingy. Both segments.

He wasn't into JTE before, so little change there.

Miss Noodle is going to take a little getting used to (for me) but he loved the firefighter parts.

Overall, some parts are great (Bert's birthday, chess), some are better than before (more Grover) and some are worse (no Monster Time, addition of Global Thingy).
    We are trying to get used to #34, but my son seems more 'into' #33.
  4. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

My only problem with the new season...

is that I thought the Global Grover segment was going to show clips from the international versions of Sesame Street (i.e. Plaza Sesamo, Ulitsa Sezam, Zhima Jie, etc.), not just clips from our Sesame Street featuring international characters. Overall, it's a good season so far.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So far, I've seen three full episodes from S34 of Sesame Street. Of the Karaoke Sing-Along, Elmo Loves Gina, and Bert's Birthday...
    The one I rully liked the most was Bert's Birthday, with the way that they dispersed parts of the main street story throughout the rest of the episode, connected small song/cartoon segments, and the Elmo's World segment at the end.

Also trying to keep track of the Letter of the Day Cookie segments, cause there's a chance that we'll get each letter once this season, and so far we've gotten N, M, Q, and U.
    Here's a question for all who saw the fifthe episode of S34 sponsored by the letter U and the number 11. Apparently there were three little pigs from the fairy tale story involved in the main story segment. There was a Sesame Nes Flash with Kermit interviewing the Three Little Pigs who were all male. My question is, to anyone who knows, how would we differentiate the Three Little Pigs from the Sesame News Flash and the Three Little Pigs from this Season 34 episode? Please answer if you can so that my muppet listings can be updated. Thanks for the help and have a good night.
  6. Hays

Hays New Member

I think they're one and the same...at least they're the same as the pigs in the "Best of Kermit" video who proport to be the ones on the Newsflash!
  7. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

My 21 month old really misses Monster Time, too. I have a bunch of last season on tape, tho. They still show Monster Time in the opening sequence, so I'm wondering if it will make an appearance later on.

Global Thingy has got to go. BLEEECHHH!
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Seeing as how Puerto Rico's showing of Sesame Street's Season 34 is two days or episodes behind the rest of the US, I'll ask this question. Did the fifthe episode from Season 34 get immediately followed by an episode from Season 33 where a motherly chicken thinks that Rocco is an egg and sits down on him? The reason I ask is because that's what was shown today after five straight episodes from S34. Thanks for your help and have a good day.
  9. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, today's episode used an awful lot of old clips. Lets see, they actually used that "Mask #15" segment someone was asking about earlier. And after Journey to Ernie, they had the original "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree". In Global Grover, they used that "Winter" song from Alaska about "Ukiuq." And after Cookie's Letter, G, it had that classic clip with the guy talking about the word 'giggle'. See, they're still using old clips, just not as many.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well... I HATE Global thingy... it's as incoherent and as temporary as the name "Thingy" suggests. But I am gald they chucked Monster Clubhouse (for at least a while... they may be back later this season or next season) because, well... they repeat the same ones over and over, and they're annoying to watch. I wish they'd get rid of Hero Guy, as well.. I like Baby Bear and all, but I can't take seeing him rescue that ^&*&% kitty from the tree one more time (since it was played ad nauseum last season). Or they could at LEAT make new ones.
  11. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

I can't believe they're already recycling this seasons JTEs -- it's not even 2 weeks into the new season! I was liking the new format, but NOT if they're going to show the same ones over and over and over and over and over......
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I remember quite a few of those old clips. In fact, that 'Ukiuq" song is one that I'm really familiar with.
  13. Drtooth

Today's episode (Big Bird's story) was very thin and it didn't go anywhere. i mean, the whole thing was about how he couln't come up with an ending, so they all made different ones (which were all the same)

But I was really happy they had

"G... is the first letter.. in the word....in the word ...GIGGLE!!!!!!!"

Now that was a classic!
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Surprised!!!!

It was kind of duel about Big Birds story but about the word Giggle thing that was a classic. Love it love it. I was surprised to see the one song I love that Erine does was "Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree" I've loved that song. I wish they would bring back that group that sang in that Telephone song. "Little Jerry and the Monotones. Eathier have them in an new episode or show some of their old songs. I miss some of the band muppet or group singers. But hey I love what they have done to SS. It still has that felling that there still in the 70's or 80's episodes. Love it Love it.
  15. FellowWLover

FellowWLover Member

You've got to be kidding me. King Alan? A whole freakin' story about a singing penguin and you are still not happy? That tears it alright!
  16. Drtooth

Well... It was good, but the plot was thin, and they really needed to come up with a better ending. Instead of having the same story ending with little varients, they could have had really different endings.

Anyway, the gem of today's episode (not sure if this is new or not, though) was the Fiddler on the roof parody. If I were the letter B...

"All day long I'd B-b-b-b-b if I were the letter B!!"

Now that's comedy!!!
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yesterdays and Todays

:) Yesterday episode was cool. It had neraly all the human charaters. Loved the farmer song of "If I could be "B" and the storyline with Elmo and Zoe playing like aliens. Was Telly's song new or old? And it was fun seeing Susan playing that old game she played so many times. Love the episode. "BLAST OFF" Now today's episode was ok. I still love the Erine and Bert skit. RUB your HEAD and PAT your TUMMY. Love seeing old clips of the old SS episode. Oh love Prefessor Grover. Man just seeing Old Clips and New Skits it just makes me want to :cry:. Love new Season. Love it.:flirt:
  18. TravellingMatt

TravellingMatt New Member

How about a "Global Grover" in Sweden? After all, Rowlf's visited his pal Kermit on Sesame Street...why not the Chef? (Of course, Beaker and Scooter would have to come along too...Beaker's the only other one of the Muppet family that speaks Swedish, and Scooter's been taking a correspondence course so he can translate.)

And do you think there will be a Mexican "Global Grover", especially given his proficiency in the Mexican Waiter Dance?

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*CRASH!*
  19. CookieFan

CookieFan New Member

COOL! They just showed the Mahna Mahna guy on today's ep! (4044) I LOVE this new season! :D
  20. Hays

Hays New Member

Rats! I missed it! Tell me - did he sing the song, or was he doing something else?

I'm sure re-runs will start soon enough...sigh