Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003

I also would really have liked to see all those Looney Tunes references.
Well, the "left turn at Albequerque" would be hard to follw, unless of course you are a Looney Tunes enthusiest, and seeing that you are, you would have picked it up and quick. The cat and Mosue thing with the "Tot I heard a Puddy Tat" thing is a little easier for the kids to get.

I was dissappointed, becaue, they were talking about ears, and I thought they'd make a refference to Mr. Spock....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Phil, here's some breaking Sesame Street News from Puerto Rico! Season 34 started as of today, Wednesday, April 9, 2003. So, we're two days slow or behind the rest of the US when it comes to the new season of Sesame Street. Here are some of my thoughts.

Dislikes:
1 The instrumental theme song played a bit too long during the Street story segment.
2 All the karaoke songs were shortened versions.
3 Bob singing "Don't want to live in the Moon" was also shortened.

1 Finally got to see the Bert & Ernie sketch everyone's raving about, thought it was kind of cool.
2 Finally got to see the letter N Cookie of the Day segment. Good stuff with both Cookie Monster and Super Grover.
3 The way that they showed the letter N and the number 7 at the end of the episode.
4 Wayne Brady's performance, and if you thought that was good you should check out his mat skills on Whose Line is it Anyway?

Hope this helps and have a good day.

muppetfan620

Reaction score
I'm absolutely LOVING the new season!

I think the new JTE is great! Quite an improvement over last season. You'll hear no complaints from me :smile:

Millicent

CookieFan

Reaction score
"Me glutton, Me no liar!"

LOVE THE NEW SEASON!

(Random thoughts) I like the Street segment being in one piece right at the start. The format seems a bit looser. I wonder if Monster Clubhouse will be making an appearance again since it's still in the opening sequence. Like Gina's "Michelle Pfieffer" haircut, makes her look older. My 20 month old is upset w/the new JTE because she can't scream BOX! DUCK! at the top of her lungs (although Mommy is VERY happy about that!!!!)

Strange....we get 4 PBS affiliates on or DirecTV. 2 are playing season 34, one is a day behind and one is inexplicably playing repeats from a few seasons ago (eps. 3916 & 3926 were played this week). Go figure.

dcfboss

Reaction score
cookie fan...

i get the same thing ... it used to be where i am that they showed SS 4 times ... 7am and 9:30am were the same and the 12pm and 5pm were the same. but now with the new season, it's a little different.

now the new ones are on at 9:30am, and the last 3 days they showed older shows (which i haven't seen cuz i've recently been following the last 2 seasons). it was one where it was Baby Bear's b-day and everyone made him stuff and telly didnt know what to get him. and today's was the one with Gina and Hannah and telly was worried that she couldnt be a vet and an aunt at the same time. i know the B Bear one was old cuz Ernie introduced the letter and number of the day. they also showed a clip that i thought was cool ... i think his name was baby fats domino and he sang the blanket blues, lol. that was cool.

today's episode was great. gotta love cookie hood even if he looked more like allistare cookie, lol. but i got mad at snuffy being so mean, lol. big bird too, but at least he apologized, lol. and Grover in a towel was just hilarious. he is so puny and whimpy and always out of breath, lol. but u gotta love the G Man, lol.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by CookieFan

Strange....we get 4 PBS affiliates on or DirecTV. 2 are playing season 34, one is a day behind and one is inexplicably playing repeats from a few seasons ago (eps. 3916 & 3926 were played this week). Go figure.
We must have the same cable thing going on. I get five PBS channels, though, two, NJ, two Philly, and one NY. The NY one is showing the old season eps.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think this season is off to a GREAT start! :smile:

I loved Cookie Hood today, and it's great to see the classic characters stay in the spotlight they were given last year. Journey to :stick_out_tongue: is much more comfortable and polished this year--now if only they could get Sherlock Hemlock to help Big Bird find him one of these days...

All in all, I'm really excited by the beginning of this year's Sesame Street!

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

ssetta

Reaction score
They didn't use as many classic clips today as they did yesterday, but I'm sure there are more to come.

FellowWLover, where do you live, and what 5 PBS stations are all the ones you mentioned? It seems to be a popular thing here along the East Coast. Because I get 4 PBS stations. WGBH 2 and WGBX 44 out of Boston, WENH 11 out of New Hampshire, and WSBE 36 out of Providence, Rhode Island. As far as I know, they are all playing the current season. Here's the way it works:

WGBH 2 airs it at 6 AM and 10 AM.
WGBX 44 airs it at 9 AM, as well as WENH 11.
WSBE 36 airs it at 7:30 AM.
And what it looks like, the one at 10 AM is the one that currently airs on that day, nationwide. And all the others are one day behind.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Love the new season

:cool: Man was it cool to see Cookie Monster spotlight again. I had an idea. They need Steve W. to do more erine and bert and do some new kermit skeatch with other charatcers and maybe some new songs as well. I saw a skeatch that they redid with the song "Furry Happy Monsters" but I was surprised to see it again with different monsters. Loving the New Season Can't wait to see more episodes. I've been recording every one. 2 reason. first is I go to work at 9:00. It comes on at 11.00 in my country. second reason is I want to have them to share with others. :big_grin: LOVING IT!!!!!!!! COOKIE!!!!!!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by ssetta
FellowWLover, where do you live, and what 5 PBS stations are all the ones you mentioned?
I get "Broadcast Basic" cable, which is basically the networks, Fox, UPN, the WB, three Spanish channels, a few other errant channels, and what seems to be four PBS channels (I was including NJ12 in my first count, and that apparently is strictly local news, not PBS).

I can get:

WNJT (Trenton, NJ)
WNET (NY, NY)
WHYY (Phila. PA)
WNYE (Brooklyn, NY)

... for $8.95 a month, I can't complain.

And I live at the Jersey Shore.