Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... the 6 feet under thing was prob'ly the best part of the entire episode.

Hopefully WGBX won't mess up and reair the wrong episode so I can see the whole thing. As I said before in the 35 new characters thread, I was switching between this and Today show's appearance of Sonia whuzzername who plays Maria.

Personally, I think this was my least favorite opening story line of the season so far. It had it's moments, but I agree with Count. it feels like a lost oppertunity to use more monsters, like herry, Frazzle, and that purple nameless one that keeps popping up..... But at least Gladys was there... and Telly Salvaged the episode for me.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I saw two Season 35 episodes.One was about Elmo,Zoe,Telly,and Baby Bear arguing about who has the best pet ever.The other one was about Elmo looking for other furry red monsters to join his Furry Red Monster Parade.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... in both cases, Telly salvaged the episodes. those 2 are the ones I liked the least so far.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Things I liked about Season 35..

*The "Six Feet Under" parody(in The Count's Number of the Day segment)
*Cookie Monster's Letter of the Day segments(although they are the same ones used for Season 33,they're still pretty funny)
*Trash Gordon-I saw it.It was FABOLOUS! So glad they have an Oscar(and Gordon)segment

I haven't seen these segments yet..

*Dr.Feel(only saw a sneak peek of this on TV Guide Channel
*Joe Hundred Guy
*TriangleBob Trianglepants
..oh well..guess I have to wait.

ssetta

Reaction score
I do think Trash Gordon is pretty clever, but I actually miss the letter and number announced over the classic closing theme, like they were for 34 years!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I miss it as well, but I really love Trash Gordon segments. It's just about my favorite change to SS so far. Gordon just really gets into the spirit of the show, playing a deliberately cheesey retro 50's scifi serial hero....

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Today was the first time I saw the segment. I was kind of disappointed, because I had hoped the stories would be longer and Gordon would do more. Then again, it was good to see the classic "honker, duckie, dinger, jamboree." I just wish Ernie had been around for that.

Oh by the way, speaking of Ernie. How old is that JTE sketch that was played today with all those monsters coming into the apartment and dancing when Bert is trying to read?

It looks pretty new to me or maybe it is an earlier sketch that I don't remember too well. Can someone give me some info here?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Daffyfan2003, if you're talking about the Bert and Ernie segment where Bert's trying to read the book, The Pigeon Whisperer, before a bunch of monsters invade the apartment for some dance steps... that sketch's from last year's premiere. It was shown during Episode 4033, after the JTE segment.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4063, by far one of the best episodes from this season.

Pros.
1 Bob dressed up in the chicken suit. It injected some much needed straight-man/wrong place at the wrong time humor needed.
2 The chicken lullaby, since it's one that most Puerto Rican people know.
3 A new spoof, which Drtooth might've also liked, the song "Everything's Coming Up Noses" sung by Harvey Firestein.
4 The classic animated bit with the guy who's missing anose, and different noses are drawn in its place.
5 Letter of the Day T segment was new with Prairie Dawn telling Cookie Monster that there were no cookies to be found. Cookie then eats the letter T, thinking the cookie's inside the letter itself.
6 Vaudeville Big Bird and Snuffy introducing the Spanish word of the Day.
7 An animated segment about "Telephone" where people keep passing the telephone to everyone else.
8 JTE: At the Discotech was new. Is it my imagination, but was "Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco" being played in the background at the beginning of the segment?
9 Global Grover was great! Grover was up to his old tricks, trying to jump through the hoop and missing each time until the last time. But the best thing was that it sounded like as if it were Frank Oz voicing Grover again. Not sure if this was just a one-time thing.
10 Trash Gordon, you just knew they were going to end up doing the Honker-Duckie-Dinger Jamboree when he whipped out the Dinger and his Rubber Duckie.

Cons.
1 The Number 20 segment was a repeat.
2 Elmo's World was a repeat.

Additional Thought.
Does anyone else notice that they're pairing up the letters with the numbers exactly in order? With today's episode, that makes three episodes where the letter and number have been in perfect alphanumeric order: #4061 sponsored by E and 5, #4062 sponsored by F and 6, and #4063 sponsored by T and 20.
Well, hope this helps and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man... that Harvey Firestien segment and Joe Hundred Guy just had me cracking up all day. The Trash Gordon was a bit on the dull side compared to the others. Daffy, they are all really short, but the others were solved in more bizzarre and clever ways (In one segment, he was attacked by worms, so he read them from HIS OWN BOOK to put them to sleep). It was still fun, but it just seems like another Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree remake.