1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Splurge

Splurge Member

Are you referring to those segments which a hand with a rubber stamp prints a picture, and then other stamp prints show up one by one? (One of them is a woman fishing and reeling in a number, right?) I like the music in those ones.
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

No Splurge, you're thinking of a different number sequence altogether. I'm talking about a sort of blank screen with two little pods at the bottom, they squeeze and we get a kid's voice announcing the numbers that appear, and there's a sort of carnival music in the background. These were the number series equivalents to the construction/drawing tools making different letters and the letters formed by the clouds of smoke left by airplanes.

BTW: Haven't posted my thoughts on 4068, and I'll probably have to watch it again to post thoughts then. Missed out on 40689 today, but will watch 4070 tomorrow. And I'm still looking for help with the current batch of characters over in the Season 35 Characters thread.
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Today's was ok my episode messed up but it was fine. Nothing bad to where I couldn't understand what happened but Just to tell u Snuffy gets a Magic Ukelele and makes himself go invisible. Him and Big Bird play tricks on people but then Snuffy breaks its. So Maria calls the the # on the broken Ukelele and the Person tells her she have it fixed tomorrow. So Tomorrow episode will have the contuine story. Just wanted to tell u. At the end it Trash Grodon was peacked by mad chickens until he plays a song the Funky Chicken. After Oscar reads and tells Slimey to wait tomorrow for more it goes to Big Bird and Snuffy in Nest. BB is in his nest and Snuffy (which u can't see is lying under a blanket. Good Speical Effects w/ the blanket. So there thats most of what u missed. Hope this helps and Good night.
  4. The Count

Thanks Kyle. Will watch today for the second part of this continuiiiiiing story, of a Snuffleupagus who's gone to the invisible birds.
  5. Splurge

Splurge Member

I see what you mean. I didn't know what you meant by the phrase "pumper pods". (That term is still new to me, but I think I get the idea.) The animation in question also involve two clowns, correct?
  6. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I mentioned this on another thread, but I wasn't sure whether or not anyone saw my post, so maybe I'll repeat it again here. I wonder if the 'invisible' Snuffy concept was a reference to the early days when Snuffy really was thought to be invisible.
  7. Splurge

Splurge Member

Could be, I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonia, Caroll and Marty made remarks about that between takes.
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

So that was u. I remember someone writing about there being an Magic Ukelele. I saw it just didn't know when it was airing it but thanks for telling me about it. Thanks.
  9. The Count

A few things to consider...
    1 Splurge, couldn't ell you if there were clowns or not in that number animation sequence due to my blind batty eyes.
    2 To my knowledge, this is the first time that Snuffy has been fully invisible. During the earlier seasons until 1986/1987 Snuffy was thought to be imaginary and not invisible. He appeared in all his visible physique when playing with Big Bird, but cause of his initial shyness to anyone else he'd quickly depart before other people came. That's why everyone thought Snuffy to be imaginary.

My Thoughts on 4070.

Pros.
    1 Story segment was OK. Notice how quickly they ditched Elmo from the beginning of the episode?
    2 Did you catch the lyrics of the song between Big Bird and Snuffy? At one point BB mentions Snuffy's derriaire.
    3 Song by Cookie Monster: "What Friend For?" Was this the original airing with a non-named purple boy monster alongside CM?
    4 Letter of Day: O was new. Cookie keeps eating the letters thinking they're cookies.
    4 Soul O song/cartoon.
    5 Hip-Hop performance of an O song.
    6 Bert and Ernie sketch with Frank's Bert voice, Ernie uses the fan to blow Bert's book about air out the window before they end up playing baseball.
    7 Global Grover's second visit to Australia ends up with Grover the rescuer being rescued by the animals he wants to rescue.
    8 Celebrity Moment: Finally know who Celia Cruz is and I remember two songs she did; one about the hummingbird or zum-zum, and another with AM's holding up poles with the numbers 1 to 10.
    Though the celebrity misspoke, the Spanish word for a memory that you cherish or remember is "recuerdo"; "memoria" is the Spanish word for the retentive power of memory itself.

Cons.
    Number 14 segment was reused.
    2 Didn't particularly like the Erika Vadu song.

Also, Elmo's World was new and the jokes with Ernie and Officer Duckie were OK.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ahhh... Clown Honk number nine ( from reading the credits of Plaza Sesamo, I know it's the correct name). Really dislike that skit. It's overused on Plaza....

I saw Wed's episode... but for some stupid reason or another the new episode was replaced by a repeat of the very same one I just saw...

and count... do not worry... unless someone did it already, I can help you with one of the new characters....
  11. The Count

My thoughts on 4071.

Pros.
    1 The Superhero School story segment was OK, at least Super Grover was back in focus at the head of the story.
    Rully liked his graduation speech after one class, with all the elements of high school life he added.
    2 Spanish Word of the Day was new with María explaining "Hola" to Grover.
    3 Film Song "Reach with Your Hands Up High".
    4 JTE: Chilly Icy and Snowy Village was new.
    5 There was a bit of an homage to the sketch with Biff at the art museum. You guys remember that sketch where Biff places the little cards with numbers at the bottom of paintings of matching numbers of paint splotches? And then the painter says that the one that should be number 5 is named Chicken Soup?
    Well, in today's JTE segment there was some sort of artist who had a similar gag, going from Number 1 to Number 2 to what should be Number 3 but was named Penguin Descending Staircase.
    6 Trash Gordon was OK.

Cons.
    1 Letter of the Day H was repeated.
    2 Number of the Day 13 was repeated.
    3 The Firefighters from Elmo's World were extra-annoying since they just repeated what Firefighter Richard said with an "Oh yeah" before what they said.
    "Oh yeah, thanks for the echo."
    Have a good day.
  12. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

No, I don't think that was me. I wasn't referring to the magic ukelele in my post. I just commented on the early days of the show when nobody believed Big Bird when he told them that Snuffy existed. Sorry about the confusion.
  13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

14. Drtooth

I really liked the opeining segment (3 segments with Grover in one day! YAHOO). But here's something I'm not surprised people didn't pick up on. The super Hero chicken clucked a cavalry charge. Why is this important you ask?

Because, a superhero chicken that clucks a cavalry charge is a refference to.,..

SUPER CHICKEN from George of the Jungle

That alone made the entire segment just waaaay enjoyable. :excited:
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Ares didn't do the Biff sence. It was Ernie w/ Rubber Duckie and Christfor Reed doing the Alaphabet. So I don't know. Just wanted to tell u.
  16. Drtooth

Oh... and what was today's SS memory? I didn't catch it in time...
  17. The Count

A few things as usual...
    1 Missed out on the Super Chicken reference. Was tuning in and out with the repetetiveness factor of "Are we superheroes yet?"
    2 Today's celebrity moment was the one with Bill Cosby, but I know that due to his voice and the fact this one aired during the appearance on Debrah Norville Tonight.
    3 Yes, I know that the segment after JTE was with Christopher Reeves saying the alphabet. What I mentioned in my pros of this episode was what happened during the JTE segment itself. Big Bird starts out looking for the number 3 and meets an artist of some kind. Can't specify due to my blind batty eyes. The painter tells Big Bird that the first work is named Number 1, the next is Number 2, and the last which should've been Number 3 was named Penguin Descending Staircase. This, is what I say was a tribute to the old sketch with Biff at the art museum. That was an old sketch where a painter had paintings of splotches and Biff matched up the card with a number to the painting. The card with the number 1 went to the painting with one splotch, and so on up to number 4. The thing is that Biff was going to randomly place the numbered cards under the paintings as their names, but the painter straightened him out by saying the picture with one splotch was named Number 1; the painting with two splotches, Number 2; the painting with three splotches, Number 3; and the painting with four splotches, Number 4. So Biff then figured out by making the association between the number of splotches and the number on the cards. But when he went to guess Number 5, the painter said it was named Chicken Soup.
    Surprised Drtooth didn't pick up on this homage.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Ok I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up Count. I have one of my old SSU where that clip is in there. Well when I watched it I thought that Walrus sounds just like that paniter that the Count was talking about. sorry for the missed understanding.
  19. Drtooth

Well... it did appear for a split second. If you weren't paying too much attention, you've missed it. And I really think the Cavalry cluck was an improvised thing.

>>The game show host should have been Guy Smiley.<<
    >>The news reporter for the street story of this episode should have been Kermit the Frog.<<

Though I do agree, both at the moment are impossiblities, as

A) Guy Smiley hasn't been recast, adn I do not think he will (he was for a computer game, but that was more like a voice over, than a puppeteer)

B) With all the red tape because of Henson, a Kermit appearance would cost mucho dinero. And with the Disney deal, it's very unlikely next season as well... Brian Henson's one heck of a puppeteer, but I wouldn't let him run a mom and pop shop!
  20. The Count

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. Good points from 4073 were two songs shown again for the first time in a long while.
    First up, after the segment with Dr. Feel, we got the animated song "Felines" a parody of the song "Feelings".
    And after JTE, we got Aaron Neville and Ernie singing "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon."
    As for 4074, only watched the first half.
    I liked the story on the street with Vinnie the delivery man from the Letter of the Month Club. Was a little disappointed that they didn't show the other functional features of the letters I-Z.
    But it was a good bit.
    The part where he's treating Alan like a consumer on hold with a company's phone service was very funny to me.
    Wanted to ask you guys what happened during the animated segment "The Alphabet Circus" that took place afterwards since I think it was mostly visual.
    I'll post again tomorrow and hope you have a good day out there in Muppet World after the doom and gloom of the Disney purchase.