Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Who is this Sally Crookshanks? And was that who sang Dance Myself to Sleep on Episode 4064? Thought it was our old friend Wayne Brady.
And yes, that A cartoon was a good point. Though for some reason I was kinda expecting to see the old Avalanche of A things cartoon when hearing the voice at the beginning.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4065.

Pros.
1 The street story segment was a good one this time. Especially seeing all the characters that were used, like Bob reading to Baby Natasha. And Cookie Monster taking a cookie-eating break.
2 Seeing the classic animated song, "It's Hip to be a Square".
3 Baby Natasha's talk show segment. Were the Muppets that formed her all-baby band the same ones as from Bobby Benson's Band?
4 An animated segment about the letter I... I: Instruments, was this a new version of the Typewriter Guy?
5 Seeing for the first time if I don't remember ever watching it before, the classic song "Ernie's Apple Tree" with Jim Henson voicing Ernie and Richard Hunt voicing Gladys the Cow.
The Trash Gordon segment at the end was good again, cause they completed the spoof by bringing his classic nemesis, Ding the Merciless as a spoof of the original character Ming the Merciless.
7 The spoof with Juliana Moore and the Count, Far from Seven. What was this a spoof of? What was the original movie about? Wait! Was this a spoof of the Tibetan movie staring Tom Cruise, Far from Heaven?
Well, hope to hear from you guys soon and have a good day.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
Seeing for the first time if I don't remember ever watching it before, the classic song "Ernie's Apple Tree" with Jim Henson voicing Ernie and Richard Hunt voicing Gladys the Cow.
YES!!!!!!! :big_grin: :smile: :big_grin: :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Who is this Sally Crookshanks? And was that who sang Dance Myself to Sleep on Episode 4064? Thought it was our old friend Wayne Brady.

Sally Cruckshank is an animator who has done a lot of things for SS over the years. A poartial list would be...

1. In with the Incrowd/ Out with the Outcrowd
  2. Above it all
  3. Island of emotions
  4. I'm sitting next to... (Don't know the specific title)
All songs

Anyway, I saw it. I don't think a digital 2D animation works with her style, the older stuff she did with ink and paint worked better for her, but still really good.

I really liked yesterday's episode. Sure it was another Elmo/ Zoe episode... but Elmo got his cummupance, getting repetitivley knocked over by the elephant and the chicken, and being heckled by an inanimate object like Rocco... and Elmo deviously decieving Zoe like that at the end... delicious revenge.

And that retro 70's A cartoon was simply brilliant. Almost like a remake of a classic skit.

And Trash Gordon really e got great with :zany: :zany: :zany: penguins!!!

Today's episode was weird. Is there a new Puppeteer on SS? Mr. Square didn't sound too familiar, and several episodes back, the candlestick maker sounded different from any other performer.

Liked the game show thing, and Hip to Be a Square (Though I doubt kids will get any refference to that, even with the 80's being popular....). But I really loved the Far From Seven skit. Now... Since the Count hosts the number of the day segments, I felt this could have been used to announce the number of the day. The reused 7 chickens bit was a little redundant, but it's nice to see the Count twice an episode...

And the end with Trash Gordon's nemisis... DING THE MERCILESS... now that was just priceless! these are getting funnier and funnier!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Loved them both. Loved all the new anmation skits of old 70's and 80's using letters. This is so cool to see new stull mixed in w/ old stuff. I'm loving this season as much as I liked last season. Love seeing all the old charatacters be using in the street segment. Grover and Cookie! My faviorte parts and the Baby Natasha and her show and the New Square Game host. I loved every part of it. Can't wait to see tomorrows. YEA!!!!!!!! oh and the old Ernie's Apple Tree song. Loved the last part. Ernie: "Cows don't climb trees!" Gladys: I guess thats why I had a hard time getting up here." Funny.

ssetta

Reaction score
Wow! That Apple Tree Song Has Not Been Used Since Season 23!! And I Have Never Seen It In English! I Can't Wait To See This Tomorrow! I Don't Believe It!!! 12 Years!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
At the beginning, I was enthused by the appearance of Mr. Square and the game Sesame Street Squares. Why? Cause I thought it was going to lead to a spoof of Hollywood Squares, but with SS characters instead.
It was an OK storyline, and I did like it. Just saying what I thought when the episode began. And it was great seeing Cookie Monster and Grover in the plotline of the game itself.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on Episode 4066.

Pros.
1 The story segment was a good one, Goldilocks and the 4 Bears.
Was good to see the character of Goldilocks come back to SS, and realize the fact that it's now the 4 Bears.
2 Animated Song: "In my Animal Books."
3 Grover talking to a kid about sharing their porridge with Goldilocks, reminded me of the talk spots on SS of old.
4 Animated Song: "The J-Animal Jump."
5 Classic Song: "Do Da Rubber Duck."
6 An old segment from Seasons 23-25 where these little pumper pods squeeze out the numbers till they reach the Number of the Day, 9.

Cons.
1 Letter J and Number 9 segments were repeats, but at least they were still funny.
2 JTE: Rubber Duck Land was a repeat.
3 Elmo's World was probably a repeat, but it was great seeing my namesake make an appearance.
4 Trash Gordon was a repeat. This disappoints me a little, cause I thought that this was the one segment they could truly expand/exploit with original segments for each ending of each Season 35 episode. Will have to watch the other episodes before passing verdict on this sad fact.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.