Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Daffyfan2003, if you're talking about the Bert and Ernie segment where Bert's trying to read the book, The Pigeon Whisperer, before a bunch of monsters invade the apartment for some dance steps... that sketch's from last year's premiere. It was shown during Episode 4033, after the JTE segment.
Hope this helps and have a good day.
I see. Come to think of it. I think I do remember seeing that one on the karaoke episode. Was that Frank or Eric who performed :frown: there?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frank! At least the voice, but I'm sure he did the puppetry. It's one of my favorite newer E&B skits.

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't think so, because episode #4057 (The Street We Live On) was C and 10, #4058 was B and 8.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah ssetta, I know that the first three episodes of this season didn't adhere to the alphanumeric code. Just thought that it seemed that way after watching the last three episodes. Guess we'll just have to keep watching if they match up tomorrow's letter with its number or not.
And I'm still hoping for that episode with the number 35 as the Number of the Day, based on spoiler stuff posted here before the season began that has all panned out so far.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Frank! At least the voice, but I'm sure he did the puppetry. It's one of my favorite newer E&B skits.
Thanks for the info. I heard that Frank did perform the voice in that ep at least for "Doin' the Pigeon," so I wasn't sure. Also, I've noticed Matt Vogel seemed to get a lot better at Big Bird. It did sound like Carroll Spinney who voiced him in Journey to Ernie today. He didn't sound quite right in that segment in the "Street We Live on Special." Either, he's gotten better with the voice or Carroll started doing JTE.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So then you know... 4! 4 consecutive episodes of Sesame Street's 35th season where the Letter and Number of the Day have followed perfect alphanumeric code!

My thoughts on Episode 4064.

Pros.
1 Letter of the Day: A, was new with Prairie Dawn and Cookie Monster pronouncing "apricot"
Let's call whole thing off, and then he eats the letter A.
2 Spanish Word of the Day: Abrazo/Hug was new and OK.
3 JTE: Rhyming Playground was new and somewhat OK.
4 We got a Bert and Ernie segment with the duo singing "What's the Name of That Song?", was great to hear that one again.
5 Seeing Oscar and Gordon in their regular roles at the end of the story segment, and the Trash Gordon at the end was OK.

Cons.
1 The story was kinda meh, was saved at the end when Oscar and Gordon come in.
2 Guess we're stuck getting Elmo-centric episodes this week. Though it was good when Elmo started talking as if Rocco was talking to him and not to Zoe, giving here a taste of her own medicine and finally learning to play this mind-game.

Hope tomorrow's a better episode, and have a good day.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Hey Count, you forgot some pros:

1) new "A" cartoon that pays homage to the early 70's style (white background, solid lines, almost the exact same voice - we've seen TONS of these on SS - think Jasper and Julius)
2) Sally Cruikshank's interpretation of "Dance Myself to Sleep"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Hey Count, you forgot some pros:

1) new "A" cartoon that pays homage to the early 70's style (white background, solid lines, almost the exact same voice - we've seen TONS of these on SS - think Jasper and Julius)
2) Sally Cruikshank's interpretation of "Dance Myself to Sleep"
I've never seen Sally's Dance myself to sleep! I've seen one with Micheal Jeter (briefly) but never this. It must have been recent, one of the last things she did for SS.... hopefully it will be the correct show rerean tommorow at 9 AM sharp!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I've never seen Sally's Dance myself to sleep! It must have been recent, one of the last things she did for SS....
It's very very recent, I can tell.