Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 35

Dantecat

Reaction score
About Seth Green's Sesame Street Moment Before #4068,Who was that gorilla next to bob??

Erine81981

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Okay.,... I have a lot to cover being absent a few days...

Friday:
Pros: Loved the 4 bears and the return of Goldilocks. Plus the used Do de Rubber Duck, and that great Global Grover.

Cons: EVERYTHING else, besides the Spanish Word of the day, and Reuben Studdard was reused. they used that lame "J...J..Jumpin' J" song (animated by the lame dancing animals company) and even the Trash gordon was reused. Plus Reuben Studdard. Gleehhhh..

Monday: Pros: funny beginner, refferewnce to Charlie's Restaraunt, those groovey Flashbacks (including Luis's line "we'll open a fix it shop, and then maybe turn it into a mail it shop") The new Ernie and Bert segment was funny, though perhaps a bit long (I'd've cut it after he said "You didn't tell me to think about playing the Drums!") Trash Gordon

Cons: err.... can't really remember... they had new stuff, so there wasn't too much to complain about.

Tuesday: Pros:Funny beginner, a bit weird, though. Seeing the Humpty Dumpty puppet again not seen since the 80's. The Global grover was just great. I didn't catch the Trash Gordon, though.

Cons: Reused Number/Letter/JTE segments. really didn't like the Ernie and Bert skit... there wasn't a joke at all. They used the clay spaceshiops making letter L and that number 11 thing where the girl mistakes a 111 for 11 on her computer... blech...

I liked it all. My episode messed up at the middle of the showing of Jorney to Ernie. Loved the song that Ernie sang. LOVED IT! Hope they start making more SS music Cd to put more of the newer songs they use. I thought it was cool to see Humpty have a come back. I would give this episode a 10 giving it a great! Thats my two cents.

salemfan

Reaction score
The Count said:
My thoughts on Episode 4066.

Pros.
1 The story segment was a good one, Goldilocks and the 4 Bears.
Was good to see the character of Goldilocks come back to SS, and realize the fact that it's now the 4 Bears.
2 Animated Song: "In my Animal Books."
3 Grover talking to a kid about sharing their porridge with Goldilocks, reminded me of the talk spots on SS of old.
4 Animated Song: "The J-Animal Jump."
5 Classic Song: "Do Da Rubber Duck."
6 An old segment from Seasons 23-25 where these little pumper pods squeeze out the numbers till they reach the Number of the Day, 9.

Cons.
1 Letter J and Number 9 segments were repeats, but at least they were still funny.
2 JTE: Rubber Duck Land was a repeat.
3 Elmo's World was probably a repeat, but it was great seeing my namesake make an appearance.
4 Trash Gordon was a repeat. This disappoints me a little, cause I thought that this was the one segment they could truly expand/exploit with original segments for each ending of each Season 35 episode. Will have to watch the other episodes before passing verdict on this sad fact.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
It's too bad the Martian Beauty was not used as a Number 9 segment in this episode.

salemfan

Reaction score
Cheebo said:
Found this on PBS Kids. Looks like Snuffy is going to be invisable! It looks to be a obvious refernce to when no one saw Snuffy. Plus its a 2 parter!

Episode 4069
Snuffy gets a magic ukulele that makes him invisible when he plays it. Big Bird worries when it breaks and Snuffy is invisible. Tip: Ask, "How would you feel if one of your friends became invisible?" Letter and Number: M, 12

Episode 4070
Snuffy and Big Bird have to wait longer than expected for the magic ukulele to be fixed. Tip: Talk about other ways Snuffy and Big Bird could have kept busy while they waited for the ukulele. Letter and Number: O, 14
Is this the only Season 35 episode with Snuffy in it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
He was in the season opener, the special... and he had a song the next episode... I think I saw him somewhere else, but I'm not too sure...

Splurge

Reaction score
teenintosesame said:
It's too bad the Martian Beauty was not used as a Number 9 segment in this episode.

At least the Martian Beauty segment we're all able to see on at least two commercial videos and one CD-ROM.

Just accentuatin' the positive. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forgot.... what did they use instead for 9? I recall the Jerry Nelson voiced animated folk singer singing "How many sheep can jumpo over my bed, before I fall asleep at nighttime..."

I like those ones, indeed I do...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What else did they use for the number 9 on Episode 4066? Just read my post on my thoughts for that episode above.
Hope for help with the characters from this week still.

Dantecat

Reaction score
I missed #4069! Who watched it? What Old Skits did they show on there, and who had a favorite Sesame Street Moment and what was it about?

Splurge

Reaction score
I confess, I've only caught one celebrity's favorite moment on the TV. (Not counting the 5 listed on the PBS website.) What sorts of memories to date, and accompanying clips have been shown?