Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 44

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Not sure who voiced the wolf here, though; it was probably Tyler Bunch again. Matt Vogel would've probably used a more Jerry Nelson-esque voice for the wolf...
I'm pretty sure that was Matt Vogel performing the wolf in today's Word of the Day segment. I noticed the voice more closely resembled Jerry's than it did when Matt performed him last time in episode 4318.

Speaking of vocal differences, anyone else notice that Murray's voice has been toned down in some newer segments?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was Matt Vogel performing the wolf in today's Word of the Day segment. I noticed the voice more closely resembled Jerry's than it did when Matt performed him last time in episode 4318.
Yeah. I was almost thinking maybe it was Jerry if that segment would have been filmed before his death.

Speaking of vocal differences, anyone else notice that Murray's voice has been toned down in some newer segments?
Yeah. I've noticed that too. I guess Joey might be having the same problem that Marty Robinson and David Rudman seem to be having, with these guys getting older, their characters voices change over time as well.

Frankly I prefer John Mapes' version that plays on MCR as far as remakes are concerned.
Oh, it wasn't Raposo? Well, I guess we're all in agreement that the original one was so much better. Same goes for "Ten Tiny Turtles." Too bad they don't play the originals on the show anymore.

The first appearance of Ryan's Elmo in the word of the day segment. Keep forgetting the Superman actor has a British accent. Of course, I kinda only know him from Man of Steel.
Are you sure that was Ryan? I didn't think that we'd hear Ryan's Elmo until at least later on this season.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Today's street story was nice. The first song that the Safety Chickens sang was quite catchy! Just like yesterday's episode, I love how they brought in Gordon to come up with a solution for the predicament. Like The Count (MC's moderator), I was quite amused with Telly's line: "I'm not a real teacher, I just play one on the street." My day is made, just because of that line! The Word of the Day segment was good, and I must say that Ryan did a pretty decent job of Elmo there. Since, this is my first time seeing them (bear in mind that I didn't get to watch a lot of Season 43), I enjoyed the "12 Little Chicks" song, and the Super Grover 2.0 segment.

You know, I just realized that today's street story and yesterday's story have several things in common (and don't worry, this won't become a regular thing, I promise): they both involved Baby Bear facing some kind of humiliation (first by being called a "showoff", then by being pushed 3 times), they both involved Baby Bear, Telly, and Gordon, and of course Gordon was the one they turned to for a solution. What would have been cool is if The Count (this time, our favorite vampire) heard them counting the triangles and joined in. That would have been another (great, I must add) similarity!

OK well, I hope you all enjoy tomorrow's episode. I sadly have a doctor appointment during the time that Sesame Street will be on, so I will just have to wait for the episode to re-air, and when it does, I will post my review on here. But in the meantime, I look forward to reading everyone else' reviews. With all of that being said, I'll see you on Thursday!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's street story was very good. I loved the Safety Chickens. The WOTD bit was good. It was Ryan's first time playing Elmo on the actual show. I know Matt did the wolf, Joey and Leslie did 2 pigs, who did the 3rd one? The new tune-ins were good. I liked when Ovajita turned Murray into a pig. The Two-Headed Monster bit was very funny. Also, I want to thank Oscarfan for putting up a guide for yesterday's episode on Muppet Wiki so fast! I hope he and D'Snowth get the file for this episode soon.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I know Matt did the wolf, Joey and Leslie did 2 pigs, who did the 3rd one?
Joey was also doing the third pig (Eric, who was also there, was presumably doing the Wolf's right hand).

I noticed that too, he's got a slight rasp to him now. Maybe the high energy voice is starting to wear on Joey.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
OK well, I hope you all enjoy tomorrow's episode. I sadly have a doctor appointment during the time that Sesame Street will be on, so I will just have to wait for the episode to re-air, and when it does, I will post my review on here. But in the meantime, I look forward to reading everyone else' reviews. With all of that being said, I'll see you on Thursday!
I know the feeling. I have an appointment tomorrow too during the first airing of tomorrow's show. Do you get the same show more than one time a day where you live? I may be able to catch the 4pm airing or 8am tomorrow. I was wondering whether or not that was the same in your case.

inturnaround

Reaction score
I have a friend named Shannon (she's in a wheelchair) who did a segment with Murray for this season. Does anyone know when (and if) it has aired yet? I missed yesterday and today.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would like to point out the hilarious, almost Looney Tunes style shuffle the chicken umpire in "Bird the Musical" did. Man, what they can do with the puppets there is amazing.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that the Sharing song they aired earlier in the episode was kind of cute.

I know the feeling. I have an appointment tomorrow too during the first airing of tomorrow's show. Do you get the same show more than one time a day where you live? I may be able to catch the 4pm airing or 8am tomorrow. I was wondering whether or not that was the same in your case.
Sadly no. The last time Sesame Street was aired twice a day (on my PBS station) was about 1995 (I don't know for sure). Since 2003, it's been airing at 10 am. I'm in Sacramento, CA. But, I just checked the TV schedule on the PBS Kids website, and it will be re-airing on this upcoming Tuesday, the 24th. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, especially for the segment with The Count and Oscar that will be on there. Again, I'll be happy for those who do get a chance to watch tomorrow's episode.