1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Mar 19, 2012.

?

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

1. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

22 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

15 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Muppets DVD

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

8 vote(s)
    11.4%
  7. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Even though I'm on record as not being a fan of the Photoshop direction on the movie posters and cover art, the Best Buy tin is definitely worth getting. It's nicely constructed and worth shelling out a few extra bucks. It really transforms a very good movie into a treasured keepsake.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I got the Wocka Wocka! Edition with the lunch box... which actually turned out to be cheaper than buying the Wocka Wocka! Edition by itself >_>
  3. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

??? How is that possible.....the Lunchbox was $39,99 the regular was $34.99
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Has anyone found a way to pause the blu-ray so that we can freeze frame without going into the intermission bits? I'm trying to pause to see things in Walter's bedroom. Maybe I'll have to low-res freeze-frame on the DVD. It's just that the Blu-ray transfer is so beautiful.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I only paid 27.99 for my lunchbox edition.
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Jamie! :D Just go into the "setup" section in the main menu - there's then an option below audio and subtitles to turn the Intermission feature on or off. ;)

Cheers!
    :)
    Anthony
    frogboy4 likes this.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I knew there had to be a way. Thank you very much!! [​IMG]
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  8. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Ask Pinkflower7783 already said, the lunchbox set was only $27.99.

I wasn't going to get that originally, but since it was cheaper I thought why not?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that pricing in the larger urban areas is always marked down for the first 5 days or so of release. Those markets have a lot of retail competition, so they do what they have to do to get the sales... oh how I wish I lived in a big city again sometimes, lol.
  10. Pinkflower7783

I will say when I went in to Best Buy to pick up my copy the cashier said a lot of people came in asking for the lunchbox edition and they only got a few in and had already sold out of them.
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

At first I wasn't thrilled with this feature because of it (and I've been pausing scenes a lot). Then I figured out I could turn off the intermission, though even without it on the blu-ray a "chapter selection" icon appears whenever I pause it. Not sure if it's just because I watch blu-ray on my computer. But then again, it shouldn't be that way on the regular DVD (has anyone posted comparison photos between DVD and blu-ray, though I can't imagine it being too different).
  12. MasterOfMuppetz

MasterOfMuppetz New Member

I had 10 bucks in BB RZ certificates and the DMR coupon, so I only paid a little more than 14 bucks for the Wocka Wocka with the lunchbox. They didn't last too long at my BB, either.
  13. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Phil I have found five Easter eggs! the punch teacher extended scene and the miss poogy oinkerview is on the Blu-ray! The punch teacher was the hardest to find but it is at the top left side of Play. It's Opposite the extended Camilla forget you scene egg. I can't say what order the buttons are but I think it may involve a quick circle of the left down right up buttons. I just pressed buttons like crazy to find them. It just stinks when you find it and then loose it by pressing another button quickly. But I am happy to report that everything that was to be on it is on the Blue-ray. Just wish there was more deleted scenes.
    KermieBaby47 and Phillip like this.
  14. Borples

Borples Active Member

That's the one I got. The bonus disc has Florence Henderson, Twiggy, Peter Sellers, John Cleese, Alice Cooper and Sylvester Stallone. It's in a sleeve attached to the back of the combo pack case. Good luck getting yours, if you decide to go after it!

I am so excited that people are snapping up this movie! Does anyone know of a good resource for tracking home video sales?
  15. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

my fiance bought me the regular muppet dvd muppet show seasons 2 and 3 and he even found animal pajamas :)
  16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I was lucky, there was only one copy of the Value Pack with the Lunchbox left at Best Buy. and it took me a while to find it because it was on the Disney shelf and not with the other copies of the movie for some odd reason.

I only watched the DVD so far, I can't watch the Blue-Ray until I get myself a Blue-Ray player. Anyway, the blooper reel is AWESOME!!! :)
  17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well Amazon we are now at number 2 and 3 so people are really buying up this movie! I read somewhere that Disney lost a whole lot of money on the new movie "John Carter" So now they will look at how well they did with the Muppets and spend more money on them then other projects.
  18. Pinkflower7783

19. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I WAS ROBBED! From getting the Lunchbox yesterday.....
  20. Pinkflower7783

Yeah you did!! And that majorly sucks!!! Did you write your name on it or anything?
    marionnette likes this.