Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know I have to be patient haha, but here in Belgium it is already almost 5 pm but I know for the most of you the day just started..... :d
Yeah it is. Lol! I'd post a picture but I won't have mine till later tonight and I'm sure someone by then will have posted one if not I'll post one for you!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so basically i pre-ordered it and UPS is telling me it wont get here till thrusday...there goes my plan for the day

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Well, as planned, I headed out to the magical world of Walmart bright and early this morning to get my copy. I ended up with the Wocka Wocka value pack. I was originally going to get the version with the finger puppets until I saw it was the same price. I decided that for my $5 I'd rather have the digital copy than some finger puppets, even if they looked surprisingly good for how cheap I'm sure they are. Not bad likenesses, actually.
Lol, I did the same thing. Went intending to purchase the finger-puppet version as well as the Wocka Wocka pack, but it was my opinion that the puppets looked way off, ha ha. :big_grin: That made it easier for me to save some cash! Plus I used DMR' coupon to save myself 5 bucks. :wink: I'm extremely glad I went in first thing though, there were only 3 copies left!! Plus, as I was looking for it, the employees were building a Muppets display, and they said they'd hold it for me when it comes time to take it down, yay!

I'll probably download my digital copy later on today, can't wait to watch my Muppets on the iPod during my sleepless nights!! :smile: Plus, since I bought The Lion King 2 on bluray over the weekend, I unlocked the FREE (pay shipping only) bluray offer on Disney Movie Rewards, got Dinosaur on its way to our collection, finally!

Okay, just hadta share my Muppets Bluray Release Story 2012, now I'm off to watch it for the first of many home viewings!!! I've skipped over all the deleted scenes spoilers, those and all the extras are gonna be so awesome to behold!! :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I got the blu-ray/DVD combo pack. I didn't see a need to have another copy of the soundtrack.

I watched the movie, the deleted scenes, and the documentary. They're all good (I already knew the movie was). I haven't listened to the commentary yet.

I wonder why they needed to include the "extended telethon". They could have just put the deleted scene that came after the telethon. Didn't notice anything else different about the telethon opening. But that end scene from the extended telethon opening sure is cool. I guess they did green screen/editing, but it looks so much like they didn't. I kept expecting additional characters to show up and learn that they missed their cue in the opening. And they mentioned Thog by name!

The missing verse from Life's a Happy Song wasn't what I was expecting. I had read that there was a scene cut where somebody couldn't keep up with the dancing. Was expecting that, but it didn't appear.

As we know, a number of deleted scenes were not included. I noticed some of the celebrities at the telethon (including Judd Hirsh) were basically glorified extras. I was expecting them to have deleted scenes where they did something, but we didn't. But I wonder if any celebrities were desperate enough to just be extras in this movie.

I'm pretty sure that JG character in the documentary appears in the movie, during the telethon opening and other scenes. I saw something that referred to him as a new character.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I may not get mine today. I've been trying to get my dad to go out and get it for me but still hasn't happened yet. :/

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I may not get mine today. I've been trying to get my dad to go out and get it for me but still hasn't happened yet. :/
Aww tell him it won't take that long!! Just run in pick it up, pay and that's it! Mine is on reserve at Best Buy but I can't pick it up till later tonight. :/

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Aww tell him it won't take that long!! Just run in pick it up, pay and that's it! Mine is on reserve at Best Buy but I can't pick it up till later tonight. :/
I would, but he won't. I'm sure he'll get it for me later this week. But I'm having Muppets withdrawals so it better be soon!