Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Due to licensing, it isn't possible to play the entire album in a loop. However, as we continue to play more new music from the soundtrack you'll hear the songs much more frequently.

A new song from "The Muppets" soundtrack will be added every day so please keep listening. I'll announce here (and on Facebook and Twitter) when a new song is added to our rotation.
Thank you for the info! I only asked because sometimes Playbill Radio would play an entire new cast album sometimes for popular shows the night of "opening night for those who can't attend!" lol. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now you can hear Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sung by The Muppet Barbershop Quartet from "The Muppets" new film on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to Muppet Central Radio 24/7 on Live365 and Radio Terra.

Let us know your thoughts on this new song and the entire Muppets original soundtrack available 11/21. You can also read our review of the soundtrack.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
is it the muppets singing or is it the original track
I just don't understand how much more clear it could be that it was indeed the Muppets singing. The track listing says "Muppet Barbershop Quartet" and I'm sure you've seen the shot in the trailers of Rowlf, Sam Eagle, Link Hogthrob, and Beaker in barber outfits, and people in this thread have said multiple times that it is Muppets.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
no i meant can you clearly hear some rowlf beaker and link during the song?

dwmckim

Reaction score
no i meant can u clearly hear some rowlf beaker and link during the song?
Well you can clearly hear Beaker but Link wasn't close enough to the mic to hear him clearly. And Roowlf dubbed over Rowlf's voice.

And you can also hear Sam (but not the eagle but from Sam and Friends) Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow can be heard representing the "...and Friends"

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool! how does Link sound
Link sounds pretty good. Steve is obviously providing harmony since he's performing both Beaker and Link in the song. This is the biggest role Link has ever had in a Muppet movie so it's great to see him get some of the spotlight. This song is just a really nice grouping of characters. It's fun to hear Sam, Rowlf, Link and Beaker all sing together.

I'm sure others will give their opinions on The Muppets version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" when they hear it.