1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 3, 2011.

?

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. We Built This City - Starship

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  15. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just heard Let's Talk About Me. It reminds me of the song sung by B.P. Richfield from Dinosaurs: Big Songs.

At least now we have more explanation of the villain's main motivation to say "Muppets, it's time to give up your dream." Still waiting to hear Me Party to complete the rotation of songs today.

So we've got Rainbow Connection by The Moopets, Forget You by the Muppet Chickens, and Me and Julio and We Built This City still left to be debuted on MCR.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i know i need to hear man or muppet and fozzies joke was kind of dumb
  3. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

"Man or Muppet" I heard last night, It was fantastic!
  4. muppetlover123

i just heard man or muppet amazing only song left is lets talk about me and ive heard them all
  5. muppetlover123

pictures in my head is on now! :)
  6. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

I'm hooked on that song! Pictures in My Head..... it's so wonderful! For some reason after I listen to it "Bless us All" from MCC starts playing in my head!
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I had originally voted for "Life's a Happy Song" for this, since it was the only one I heard, but so far, I'm loving every song (with the exception of "Let's Talk About Me", not really my cup of tea). I've yet to hear "Man or Muppet" though.
  8. muppetlover123

i know same here ive heard every song but lets talk about me and i love all them
  9. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

It seems that whenever I actually DO get connected and it's not at its "Free Listener Capacity", I always miss the new songs. I've only heard Man or Muppet and Smells Like Teen Spirit. I can't seem to catch the others. But I have heard Bear's Thanksgiving song about 30 times! :grr:
  10. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Just caught "Pictures in My Head". I can't get over how wonderful it is!
  11. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud in my campuses library today because all of a sudden Chris Cooper was rapping/doing hip hop/what have you, and after seeing October Sky and American Beauty and Seabiscuit that is something I never thought I'd live to see him do. I was just so caught off guard because I didn't know what style of song it was going to be. I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and it's certainly not mine, but I love it nonetheless because, my goodness, Chris Cooper is rapping and singing opera. How can that go unappreciated???

At this point I've heard every song that's been released thus far. Pictures in My Head, Life's a Happy Song, and the new Rainbow Connection are the top of my list.
  12. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

If Live365 is full, try listening via Radio Terra. You'll hear the other songs soon. Thanks for listening.
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Today you can hear Paul Simon's "Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard" from "The Muppets" new film. Listen to "The Muppets" soundtrack on Muppet Central Radio 24/7 on Live365 and Radio Terra.

Let us know your thoughts on this new song and the entire soundtrack. Pre-order "The Muppets" original soundtrack for a low $9.99. You can also read our review of the soundtrack.

For a limited time, get 20% off select Muppets merchandise when you purchase music or books from "The Muppets" movie. Click here for all the details.
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Just heard it. Makes me happy to have the entire song on MCR now, but I can't help seeing that little girl chanting "Dance, dance, dance!" at the beginning from the version performed by Paul Simon on Sesame Street whenever I hear it here.
    Also, I've noticed that the new songs debut around 10 AM EST, so that should help people trying to log in to the station hoping to be among the first to hear the new releases. :)
  15. muppetlover123

is it muppet singing it like whos voices can u hear
  16. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

Dude, it's Paul Simon singing... not The Muppets
  17. muppetlover123

18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

For anyone who hasn't caught a song yet, if you hear one of the trailers or promos on Muppet Central Radio, odds are the next song will be one from the movie.
  19. muppetlover123

o thanks lol or sometimes they are random lol i still need to hear lets talk about me and me and julio down by the school yard
  20. muppetlover123

just heard lets talk about me wow pretty cool song but i cant believe the muppets ruined his 10th birthday party and that he says the muppets dream is over :(

all i need to hear is me and juilo down by the school yard