1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, Nov 3, 2011.

?

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

1. The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. We Built This City - Starship

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  10. Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  11. Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  15. Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

1. abooch

abooch New Member

Segel isn't to bad of a singer either..
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

That is a very interesing group pairing I hope we see more of them singing together if it sounds as great as it seems. I'm just glad that Rowlf and Link are coming back to the spotlight!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks Phill he sounds great!
  4. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

"Man or Muppet" is great! It sounds like something you'd hear Bret and Jemaine sing on FotC. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" is great if only for the fact that it's sung by the most random group since The Leprechaun Brothers.
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i heard smells like teen spirit i love hearing rowlf and you can defently tell when beaker sings have been listening for like 2 hours havent heard Man or Muppet yet :( sad day
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Listen to the debut of "Rainbow Connection" sung by Kermit, Miss Piggy and The Muppets from "The Muppets" new film. You can hear "The Muppets" soundtrack on Muppet Central Radio 24/7 on Live365 and Radio Terra.

Ten years ago today, Cindy and I married, so it seemed right to debut a song from our wedding on November 9. :)

Let us know your thoughts on this new song and the entire Muppets original soundtrack now on pre-order for a low $9.99. You can also read our review of the soundtrack.
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Rainbow Connection is on right now! I caved in to the spoilers! :crazy: So far, so great with this song.
  8. muppetlover123

i love rainbow connection i just heard it when pizzaboy did and its amazing way better with piggy in it but the original is the best
  9. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Is that true?
  10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

No. He was kidding. muppetlover123 wasn't really being clear in their statements.
  11. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I thought he was.
  12. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

No. They used Jenifer Anisten instead.
  13. Oscarfan

After hearing the same three songs over and over, I finally heard something new - "Rainbow Connection." My god, that was so great. Piggy sounded excellent and the big finish was perfect. I can't wait two weeks to see how it actually looks.
  14. muppetlover123

i know rainbow connection was awesome just wish i could hear man or muppet which i havent heard yet hopefully tomorrows is lifes a happy song final or the rainbow connection by the moopets
  15. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

The Muppet Show Theme Song sounds great, I've always wondered what it'd sound like with Steve's Kermit! Just listened to "Pictures in My Head", I'm left speechless, it was wonderful!
  16. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

My only problem with Pictures in My Head? It's too short! It leaves me wanting another verse!
  17. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

18. Oscarfan

The song came on just a few minutes ago. It's alright, nothing fantastic.
  19. muppetlover123

o really is he rapping
  20. Oscarfan

I don't think he was really rapping. I can't really recall though. There's a portion where he does some operatic singing though.

I'm still waiting on hearing "Me Party" and "Man or Muppet". I heard Rainbow Connection twice today (it's still great) and "Pictures in My Head", which is also lovely (Fozzie's pun got a big groan from me).