1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Star Wars Muppet Figures

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Feb 26, 2008.

1. PhiNuBlue

PhiNuBlue Member

We have some friends in Disney World right now. She went to get me two sets and found out that they were sold out because some guy had come in and bought two cases! We all know where those are going. The cast member gave her two other stores to look in (I dont know which ones) so at least three places in WDW are selling them.
  2. Hat Sharpener

Hat Sharpener New Member

Fantastic! I'm going to Disney World in December for an cousin-in-law's wedding and will get to FINALLY see the 3D Muppet Movie, and buy these guys!

They opened MuppetVision 3-D literally 2 weeks after my last visit to Disney World! (Yes, it's been a while...)
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

My Muppets/Star Wars figures set finally arrived today.I think they are great.I noticed on the back that they have been credited as the proper Star Wars character names, which is a bit disappointing that they didnt give reference to the funny Muppetised names.
  4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Now I see someone is selling them off loose at more than they are for the set, making a six-fold profit by the time the set has been sold this way.
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Does anybody have pictures of the Star Wars Muppet figures alongside their Palisades counterparts? I'd be interested in hearing from folks who actually have these.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I got 'em. :)
  7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I also have the Muppet Star wars fig but sadly I keep them in there box on a shelf in my "Disney room" same goes for my Palisades Muppets...STILL in there packages, exspt my Sweetums and Mega Animal, there out of there boxes :)
  8. Muppets Star Wars Figures

A friend of my mothers just came back from Disney World and she brought me Muppets Star Wars Figures and I just love them, but doesn't anyone else think it's a little wired that they made Kermit as Luke Skywalker and Miss Piggy as Princess Leia since the characters are bother and sister?
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you have to realize that they've been making posters and stuff like that long before anyone knew it. So the characters were already decided upon. Would have been fun to see Kermit as Solo (who we all know winds up actually getting Leia), but it doesn't really fit the character... unlike the humble, small planet Luke.

And this is still available, right? I need to find someone to pick me up a set.
  10. I think so, my Mom's friend only got back from Disney a few days ago. She said they were having a back Star Wars weekend.
  11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

My casting choices for extensive Muppet Star Wars would be similar in places, different in others: Kermit Luke, Piggy Leia, Bunsen R2D2, Beaker C3PO, Gonzo Dirth Nader, Fozzie Solo, Animal Chewy, Rowlf Lando, Statler & Waldorf Co-Emperors, Scooter Fett, Teeth Obi, Robin or Rizzo Yoda, Sam & Swedish Chef Storm Troopers, Pepe Jawa and maybe the rest of the Mayhem as Cantina characters. But that's just me. Of course in the new trilogy Clifford would be Jar Jar for obvious reasons.
  12. Drtooth

I'm sorry, but it HAS to be either Andy or Randy pig... A 2 pack of Andy and Randy as Gungans... really.

I know that Sesame Street stuff is totally impossible, but an Oscar version of that Watto guy from Episode 1 that ran the junk shop.... that would be pretty fun.
  13. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Totally agree with ya Drtooth. I always looked at Randy and Andy Pig as the Jar Jar of the Muppet world anyway, :mad:, cause I never like them, :attitude:
  14. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

My sister-in-law picked them up for me 2 months ago. I was very pleasantly surprised by the figures! My only complaint is that the lightsabers tend to bend too much from packaging, but a little patience takes care of it.
  15. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

And now for something completely different!

Is anyone else surprised and/or disappointed that they didn't come up with 'Muppetized' versions of the characters names? Some of the casting choices are practically shouting 'SPOOF ME!'

Example:

Kermit the Frog as 'Luke Flyswatter' :)

Fozzie Bear as 'Chewocka' :o

Beaker as 'Meep-3PO' :eek:

COME ON DISNEY! Show a little Muppet spirit!
  16. Im impressed! Those are actually pretty dang good names!

But I also really liked the figures! I wish we had more!

Or The Muppets as other Disney related rides and attractions! Like The Haunted Mansion! Or Pirates! ;)
  17. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Hmm...Miss Piggy as 'Madame Leota', Beaker as 'The Caretaker' and Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo as 'The Hitchhiking Ghosts'!
  18. Drtooth

I don't know where, I think they only have it in Japan, but I saw a Mickey Mouse figure/statue/something where he was dressed up as Optimus Prime. Now, if they only could do that sort of thing over here... especially with the Muppets - if not, at least with Mickey and co... (Donald would be a hilarious Megatron... or maybe Pete would be perfect for the role). That would be something.
  19. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i think i might have to add these to my long wish list. they look pretty cool.
  20. shimauta

shimauta Member

Mickey as Optimus

Yeah, I think the Mickey Optimus was a Japan exclusive. I picked up both the colored and monochrome versions and they are pretty fun. I hope they do make more!