Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
It's a child concentration camp.
No... It's really not... I don't remember any children being executed or forced to do hard labor just like I don't recall any of the holocaust victims having an Xbox. It's a juvenile detention center. Stop using intentionally inflammatory words and call things what they are. Words have meanings for a reason and it is important to describe things with those meanings in mind.

I'm curious, how do you think we should deal with people who cross the border illegally and have no documentation to prove the children they are with are theirs?

Censored

Reaction score
No... It's really not... I don't remember any children being executed or forced to do hard labor just like I don't recall any of the holocaust victims having an Xbox. It's a juvenile detention center. Stop using intentionally inflammatory words and call things what they are. Words have meanings for a reason and it is important to describe things with those meanings in mind.

I'm curious, how do you think we should deal with people who cross the border illegally and have no documentation to prove the children they are with are theirs?
Look up "concentration camp."

How should we treat them? Very simple. Fairly, with compassion, and in proportion to the situations that brought them there. In other words, common sense and common decency. Two things that have taken a backseat these past 2 years.

MWoO

Reaction score
Detention is literally where children who break the rules are sent. Detention is not inherently wrong.

As for supporting UNICEF, yes please do. I'm all for a private organization collecting money to help children world wide. That has nothing to do with this conversation though.

Censored

Reaction score
Detention is literally where children who break the rules are sent. Detention is not inherently wrong.

As for supporting UNICEF, yes please do. I'm all for a private organization collecting money to help children world wide. That has nothing to do with this conversation though.
It has everything to do with it. We need to support private and public sources that will stop the practices of hate.

Censored

Reaction score

The children didn't break the rules.

MWoO

Reaction score
Look up "concentration camp."

How should we treat them? Very simple. Fairly, with compassion, and in proportion to the situations that brought them there. In other words, common sense and common decency. Two things that have taken a backseat these past 2 years.
Perhaps you should look up the term. Neither the denotative definition nor the connotative fit.

Also, you didn't answer the question you just said things that sound nice. If we are to enforce immigration laws, how do you deal with those families that break those laws?

Censored

Reaction score
Perhaps you should look up the term. Neither the denotative definition nor the connotative fit.

Also, you didn't answer the question you just said things that sound nice. If we are to enforce immigration laws, how do you deal with those families that break those laws?
Treat them as people in need. Not criminals, unless they actually are guilty of something more than daring to cross an imaginary man-made line.

MWoO

Reaction score
The children didn't break the rules.
Yeah they kinda did... Illegal immigration is illegal immigration no matter what age you are. Also,if you arrest the parents what are you suppose to do with the kids?

Censored

Reaction score

And how would YOU deal with them besides locking up the kids?