Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I GET IT! I GET IT! I think I got it now. A witch cast a spell on her, and she turned into a Fraggle. And I bet you can guess which one I'm thinking of... :excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's actually pretty typical when TV shows make the effort to include a female character. They don't want her to appear too "girly" because that might offend people. So they make her a full blown tom boy. Which is also problematic in my opinion heh, but at least Red and Skeeter were good characters. :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think Piggy balanced Skeeter rather well, so the tomboy thing didn't go too far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's actually pretty typical when TV shows make the effort to include a female character. They don't want her to appear too "girly" because that might offend people. So they make her a full blown tom boy. Which is also problematic in my opinion heh, but at least Red and Skeeter were good characters. :excited:
Too true. let's not forget about Venus DiMilo in the Live action ninja Turtles. or better yet. Let us DO forget her and never bring it up again.

Funny about her being a girl's role model, considering Skeeter was voiced by a man. I say that knowing full well Gonzo, Robin and Rowlf were voiced by women.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Too true. let's not forget about Venus DiMilo in the Live action ninja Turtles. or better yet. Let us DO forget her and never bring it up again.
Agreed! Hehe

Funny about her being a girl's role model, considering Skeeter was voiced by a man. I say that knowing full well Gonzo, Robin and Rowlf were voiced by women.
Yeah at this point, there is so much gender switching in voice acting, there's no point in dwelling on it, lol.

wiley207

Reaction score
And Baby Piggy was voiced by a woman, so her voice sounded odd (I'm more used to a man voicing Piggy), but not as odd as Baby Gonzo's girlish voice.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
And I'll admit, Katie Leigh's voice for Baby Rowlf isn't really odd at all... I mean, Baby Rowlf really doesn't sound that feminine when you listen to him talk. :smile:

BTW, who do you think should've done some other cartoon baby versions of Muppets who weren't Muppet babies? (I know someone had a great suggestion to do Katie as a baby Dr. Teeth, and I had a great suggestion to do Greg as a baby Bert, too [I mean, Bert's voice and Fozzie's voice are exactly the same! :-D])

Also, what do you think they'd be interested in? My opinions:

Baby Ernie - could've been interested in messy stuff

Baby Bert - could've been interested in birds (mainly pigeons), and he'd have a stuffed toy version of Bernice (who, like Camilla, would come to life in imagination segments)

Baby Cookie Monster - no changes, he just loves food, mainly cookies

Baby Big Bird - could've been interested in reading, like Baby Janice

Baby Gobo - Could've been interested in exploring, just like Baby Kermit. Imagine the two of them arguing over who should be the leader! :-D

Baby Mokey - could've been interested in art, mainly finger-painting. I'd also picture a bow in her turquoise-colored hair (like Piggy's, but a darker shade of pink)

Baby Red - She'd have loved her toys. And imagine her forming a friendship with Skeeter.

Baby Tutter - loves cheese

That's about all I can come up with. ;-)

Also, I can only hope that one day, Skeeter will be a live-action grown-up Muppet. :-D We all wish, don't we? ;-)

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I always thought it would be interesting if they made a 'Fraggle Babies' cartoon.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
I always thought it would be interesting if they made a 'Fraggle Babies' cartoon.
Heh... I wonder how the opening intro would've went... also wonder who would do the voices (if they couldn't get the Muppeteers themselves to perform them)...

My suggestions:

Tom Kenny as a baby Gobo :smirk: (I pictured his voice sounding like either SpongeBob SquarePants or Pat the Hammer from Handy Manny) and Junior Gorg (his voice might be like that of Cliff from CatDog, which would definitely sound better than the voice Michael Laskin used for Junior on the cartoon Fraggle Rock [I saw the cartoon version's intro, and I do not like Junior's voice in that... he's supposed to sound big and dumb, not like he's one of the Muppet Babies!])

Russi Taylor as a baby Wembley (his voice might sound like Huey, Dewey, and Louie from the DuckTales era) and a baby Gunge (his voice would be like Baby Gonzo's)

Rob Paulsen as a baby Boober (if Rob can do the grown-up Boober in the Fraggle Rock cartoon really well, he can do a baby version of the Fraggle, too [but with a voice similar to either Carl Wheezer from Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius or Yakko Warner of the Animaniacs]) and a younger Trash Heap (haven't heard the cartoon TH yet, but it sounds like people enjoy that voice)

Sarah Heinke (currently the voice of Strawberry Shortcake, who ironically, was voiced by Russi Taylor back in the '80s) as a baby Red :excited: (I imagined her voice being like the current Strawberry Shortcake, only slightly deeper)

Chantal Strand (voiced Cassie [the little pink dragon] from Dragon Tales) as a baby Mokey (I've often thought of a baby Mokey voice being similar to the pink dragon)

Grey DeLisle as a baby Philo (her voice could sound like Vicky's little sister Tootie from The Fairly OddParents)

Frank Welker as a baby Sprocket and a younger Pa Gorg, maybe a slightly younger Traveling Matt

Laurie O'Brien as a baby Cotterpin Doozer (I think her voice would sound like Baby Piggy's) and a slightly younger Ma Gorg

What's your suggestions? :wink: Also, I wonder who'll get to do Junior Gorg and Gunge now for the Fraggle Rock movie, since Richard Hunt has been dead for so long... (I could imagine David Rudman doing Gunge, though) And I can only hope for Jerry to do Gobo, Pa Gorg, and the all-knowing Trash Heap again. ;-)