Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

wiley207

Reaction score
I like how the Skeeter walk-around looks like form Muppet Babies Live!.
That's because the Muppet Babies walk-around costumes for that show were designed by the Jim Henson Company! The others resemble how they appeared in "I'm Gonna Always Love You" in "The Muppets Take Manhattan," as well as on "A Muppet Family Christmas."

Rose

Reaction score
DOAH! Looks like you beat me to it. lol :smile: I saw this excat pic and was going to post it here. Yeah I think that's what she might have looked like if she was so be come an adult Muppet. The only thing that bugs me a little is the old fashioned clothing.
Makes her look like she's plaine Jane or something like that, but than again Skeeter was always kind of plaine looking to begin with.

here is a picture of her when she is a adult in a muppet book she is in the back ground a brief cameo. she is in a kind of detective costume and looks just like she does in muppet babies only taller.

[URL]http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/thumb/1/1a/AdultSkeeter.jpg/250px-AdultSkeeter.jpg[/URL]

:wink: +:excited: = skeeter

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Muppet Babies Live! when was that ever around and how did i miss it? Is there like any video of it on Youtube or somthing?

unclematt

Reaction score
What book is that picture from and is it confirmed that that is her or could it just be a coincidence that they look alike

Beauregard

Reaction score
It looks pretty much like her. But Muppet picture books arn't necessarily cannon, so it doesn't mean that she is definately a policeman when she grows up.

Although I can totally see her a tough, private eye...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want a true official cannon version of grown-up Skeeter... And this was according to the article at Muppet Wiki... Try searching for a mint in bag set of 1998 Muppets Winter toy vehicles from Hardee's. She was never featured as one of the toys, but the JHC did the artwork for the bags and those had a grown-up version of Skeeter.
Good luck and let the hunt begin!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I remember that. I think I saw a picture of her once. I have no idea if there is one floating around the internet of her now, though....hmmm...

I wonder if Jim Lewis would answer a question about her...

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
The picture of the adult Skeeter, I'm told, was from "You've Still Got Me", per Muppet Wiki.

Also, I have to say that I have to agree with Karen Prell doing Skeeter, given that both Skeeter and Red Fraggle have athletic personalities (if you notice in one of my fan-fic sketches, I described our proposed adult Skeeter's voice as a "Red Fraggle-type"). ;-)

On the other hand, if we had a guy doing Skeeter, I'd picture Marty Robinson or even Kevin Clash doing her (I've often thought of her adult voice being a cross between Elmo's and Benny Rabbit's).

unclematt

Reaction score
I would think she would sound a little like Scooter

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something I bet no one has covered....

Muppet Babies is an alternate universe time line of how the Muppets came to know each other. As is evident that they only appeared in Baby form in MTM, during Miss Piggy's fantasy. Of course, this doesn't explain why they have home movies of them as babies in MFC, but let's say it was the edited version where you don't really get to see it.'

Now, because it's an alternate universe, Skeeter doesn't exist. She is only a product of an alternate universe time line of actual events.