1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i would LOVE to see skeeter as a member of the regular muppet cast. i think that would be AWESOME! :)
  2. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Oh my!

How did I miss that episode? I had never seen that one before, thanks for mentioning it.

Alex
  3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

If you've never seen it, Youtube has it on the offical adultswim channel. I would post the link myself, but since it's more "adult" type of show, I don't know how well it will be with the mods on MC.
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That was hilarious. Loved the Psycho reference. :D
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

It was horrible and twisted--in all the right ways. I approve. I only wish they'd used cat-eye glasses ala Mebberson.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It was one of their better skits. I liked it much much more than the Fraggle Rock one (better writing could have helped it... and actual research of the show and character dynamics).

Of course, I'm sure adult cartoon series parody is FAR from canon. :D But danged if they don't bring up a good point. Skeeter was kind of a bully sometimes.
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think I may have found one of the best actresses to play a grown up, human Skeeter (oddly I realized this as she is actually called Skeeter in a new movie called 'The Help').

Throw some cat-eye glasses on her and BAM! Anyone? No?
  8. Drtooth

Off topic... I know Adult Swim has this on their official YT site... do they have the Fraggle Rock one with the illegal migrant Doozer?
  9. RedPiggy

Agreed, though she looks like she's never seen a barbell in her life. :p
  10. Beauregard

That's true...I suppose Skeeter WOULD be more buff. I just think her eyes and mouth are really Skeetesque!
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I don't know about Youtube, but it is on the official Robot Chicken site. That's where I grabbed it from.
  12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

imn actually surprised no puppet builders have ever attempted Skeeter
  13. Drtooth

That's because someone somewhere refused to retcon the character. Puppets may not have existed, but there were posers for kids books and calenders and stuff like that.

It's a common thought among the fans that Karen Prell should've played Skeeter if she was a character.... somehow, I can see her being a LOT like Red.
    The Count likes this.
  14. RedPiggy

Agreed. I tend to see Skeeter with Red's voice, just deeper.
  15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i mean more as a custom puppet...if my skills where better id try it
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Did we actually ever answer this profound Muppet question?
  17. RedPiggy

What kind of answer are you looking for? I mean, the basic answer is simply the Henson company simply didn't want to bring her into the rest of Muppetdom.

Plus, there are 13 pages of our thoughts here on this thread. :)
  18. Beauregard

The profound answer is, of course she IS a Muppet. But then that depends what you define as a Muppet...
  19. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I agree with you Beau, she is a Muppet!
  20. Beauregard

If Danny Treja is...she is. (Fuzzy Pack Muppet trailer reference)