Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Drtooth

Reaction score
And Baby Piggy was voiced by a woman, so her voice sounded odd (I'm more used to a man voicing Piggy), but not as odd as Baby Gonzo's girlish voice.

Well, I will say that some of the vocal characterizations sounded closer when they first premired. Baby Gonzo and Baby Rowlf especially. But the voice artists relaxed into their roles.

I always liked Russi's Gonzo voice. It was like a different spin on her Huey, Dewey and Louie in Ducktales. Plus it did have that gonzo squawk sound to it. You know, the voice Gonzo used to have.

I think that they all did a great job vocally caracaturing the Muppet voices as babies. Piggy really was close, dispite the sound difference.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Heh... I wonder how the opening intro would've went...
It'd probably have the same lyrics, but wouldn't have Gobo going out and getting postcards yet. And in that, I could also see Red showing her attention-seeking side by stating what she thinks is best (for Red is always one to speak her mind rather aggressively), resulting in the usual tiffs between her and Gobo.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Oh, and I don't want to forget Katie Leigh doing baby versions of Cantus the Minstrel and Convincing John, either. ;-)

BTW, what'd you think of my suggestions for voices if the original FR Muppeteers couldn't do them? :wink:

wiley207

Reaction score
Well, I will say that some of the vocal characterizations sounded closer when they first premired. Baby Gonzo and Baby Rowlf especially. But the voice artists relaxed into their roles.

I always liked Russi's Gonzo voice. It was like a different spin on her Huey, Dewey and Louie in Ducktales. Plus it did have that gonzo squawk sound to it. You know, the voice Gonzo used to have.

I think that they all did a great job vocally caracaturing the Muppet voices as babies. Piggy really was close, dispite the sound difference.

You know, I think if Laurie O' Brien was unavailable to voice Baby Piggy, Russi Taylor could easily fill in the role. Her voice is a bit similar to Russi's Minnie Mouse, and when Piggy gets angry it sounds strangely similar to Baby Gonzo :wink:

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Come to think of it, Laurie hasn't done any voice acting in recent years, has she? ;-)

(Like I said, I hope Skeeter will grow up, and I hope Karen can do her. :smile:)

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Just as long as it doesn't cue a love triangle like the toon did.
It wouldn't. I'd have Skeeter falling in love with Clifford. I mean, in our fan-fics, we tend to make Clifford Skeeter's boyfriend! :wink:

And noticing how Skeeter and Janice seemed to be paired up a bit on the "Whose Tale is it Anyway?" episode of Muppet Babies, as well as in the Muppet Kids books, I'd probably have Skeeter become sort of a foil and best friend to Janice, much like Rizzo is to Gonzo. (Fer sure! :flirt: )

BTW, just out of curiosity, who's representing the "zany" emoticon in the Smilie table?

wiley207

Reaction score
Don't forget that Skeeter and Piggy were arch-rivals as well! :mad: :wink:

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Oh, yeah! I could always see a "Veterenarian's Hospital" sketch done where Nurse Piggy is fired, and Nurse Skeeter takes her place... and she tells some REALLY odd jokes, maybe even odder than Dr. Bob's. Of course, Nurse Piggy tries to get her job back, but eventually, she gets it back, and she welcomes Nurse Skeeter to the group. However, outside the sketch, Miss Piggy and Skeeter could be arguing over who's the best female lead on the show, and Janice could try to stop the argument, but to no avail. :mad: :wink: :flirt: