None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

G-MAN

Reaction score
I live in Nebraska, and with walking home from the city bus after going to a job fair Downtown and not having a working air conditioner to come home to, it can get pretty hot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't like it too cold, (ear problems) but I don't like it too hot, either, it's 64 degrees now, and our air conditioner is on the fritz, so I'll join your little club.
Hey, at least 64 is still cool enough to wear long pants! I'd KILL for mid-day highs like that! I HATE wearing shorts! Men can't wear shorts... our legs are too hairy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You want to know how hot it is here? It's gotten so hot, and we haven't had any rain all month, we're ACTUALLY attracting VULTURES! I kid you not! We've got VULTURES now! Vultures a.k.a. buzzards! You people even furthur south than me giving us your wildfires isn't enough, now you people out west got to send us your fowl!

You people might be reading this and think I'm exaggerating... I'M NOT!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As of now, its not the heat that is the problem, its the humidity. Its so humid that its making it 50% hotter than it really is

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, yesterday it was hot and humid. The temp was about 85. So, aside from the vultures and wildfires, I think I'm about ready to join your club, Snowth, as temps are going to be in the 80s for the rest of the week.

Oh, and Sgt. Floyd...love the new sig!:wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Tell me about humidity...uggg...I hate it. It's really humid today too, not all that warm but the humidity makes it feel like it's about 10 degrees warmer than it is. Yuck!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Well, you know what they say, if it ain't the heat it's the stupidity

Daniel

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, you know what they say, if it ain't the heat it's the stupidity

Daniel
Duuuuuhhh...wha...?

It's a little cooler today than it has been, but the forecast for the rest of the week (and weekend) looks grim: humid and rainy.:grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Duuuuuhhh...wha...?

It's a little cooler today than it has been, but the forecast for the rest of the week (and weekend) looks grim: humid and rainy.:grouchy:
Hey, look on the bright side: with all those clouds and rain, maybe that'll aid in cooling things down a bit.

We could REALLY use some good rain! As mentioned before, we're in the middle of a severe drought, and so far the only source of rain we've had as of late was a measly little sprinkle we had the other night. Not enough to really give us a good soak.

The grass is turning brown and crunchy, flowers and other little plants are dying, bushes are becoming bare... it's like a desert with trees!