Is it ALL for Bush?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with voting in itself, people in other countries would love to have the right to speak their mind!

I have voted on propositions I care about. I just have problems when it comes to the President.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I kind of feel the same way when it comes to voting for the leader of our country, but still, my mom won't let me NOT vote in the next Presidential Election.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't usually LIKE to discuss politics because everybody has a different view, but my opinion is that ALL parties have their hand in oil, or gas stocks. You can't tell me that Democrats don't have their hand in those stocks as well because if it was up to them, since they ARE running the senate and the house, that they could put a stop to the gas prices going higher. But, that doesn't seem to be a priority right now. I think that this was pretty much inevitable. Not just gas, but stuff like this in general. As generations go, stuff gets more and more expensive. Milk in my grandparents day used to cost a nickel. Yeah, let's blame that BIG increase on the president, because he doesn't have enough on his plate already. I wouldn't WANT his job, even if I thought I knew all the answers. I wouldn't wanna be in his position because it seems that it's a double edged sword. If he were to do this, he'd be attacked, if he were to do the opposite of that he'd be attacked. I say that unless we elect somebody with common sense, and not a career politician like we have been, we're kinda screwed. Don't tell me what I wanna hear, just tell me what you can do, straight up, no bull.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I kind of feel the same way when it comes to voting for the leader of our country, but still, my mom won't let me NOT vote in the next Presidential Election.
Aw yeah. Well sometimes parents try to push their kids in order to create good habits. Hopefully as you get older you'll get to make more decisions on your own (hope that didn't sound condescending.) :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
I agree, but I also agree with heralde that some of the problems we're facing right now might improve with our next president.

Maybe our next THREE! It's gonna take more than one president to fix all the mess Bush has caused this country.:smirk: :mad:

anytimepally

Reaction score
I wish I had my hands in the oil business.. or in a pudding vat :crazy:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Look, I don't care how much 18 year olds don't THINK they can make a difference, they need to vote, and get their voices heard. I'm tired of hearing people over 18 complaining about the president and elected leaders and saying that they didn't vote because it wouldn't have mattered. If enough people thought that way, then it might have made a difference. Who knows? Get out there and do your civic duty. You make it sound like it's a chore or you're being punished. Yes, it IS your choice not to vote, but if you don't, then don't complain about the leadership

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally, I think people can vote all they want. If the people running are not good for the country, voting for them won't help anything. Something needs to change. Personally I hope the fact that a lot of people aren't voting will motivate the government to try harder.

Though unfortunately, a lot of people don't vote simply because they don't care. The reason I don't vote is because I do care.