The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploobis

Reaction score
hahahahahahah that would be so funny!
& the news of this set so soon is amazing 2008 is already starting off as a great year.
I've love to see the release of the frog prince some time soon also.:smile:
I would love to see "Frog Prince" on DVD too, But lets hope it comes in a boxset along with "Hey Cinderella" ans "Muppet Musicians Of Bremen".

And as for "Tales Of The Tinkerdee", Maybe that will be a bonus feature for the Muppet Show fourth season DVD set. And I still hope that "Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show" TV special makes it's way to the season five DVD set!

And maybe we'll get a DVD that includes the two Muppet specials "The Muppets Go Hollywood" (1979) and "The Muppets Go To The Movies" (1981).

I hope I'm not rushing things here, but maybe in the future we'll get the complete series of "Muppet Television" (JHH) and "Muppets Tonight" on DVD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but I think I'll get the Non-flocked version of the cover if possible. Wasn't too thrilled with Season 2's flocking (of course, I got it as a gift for Christmas, so I didn't really get a say). While it was indeed cute for season one, that was only due to the fact they didn't have the character's face. But cover art and all that stuff doesn't really matter to me. As long as the content is great.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well with Fozzies fur i would think it would feel different.

needforspeed

Reaction score
Can someone clerify this for me?

So I was able to get the better "fuzzy" version of Disc 1. :smile: But as far as I could find, there was only one version of Disc 2. :mad: Is that correct? So now, will there be 1 or 2 versions of Disc 3 now? I would love the "flocked" version! :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While it's disappointing that the Morsels won't be on future sets, I can't say that I'm too sad that they won't available. As good as they were, I think the problem is that compared with other DVDs that use a similar format, they didn't go in to great detail about certain aspects of each episode - eg scenes/skits edited out, differences between script and screen, dates when skits were taped etc.
Yeah, a lot of the info there is stuff we could find elsewhere, before the set was released (as long as we knew where to look). Muppet Wiki wasn't around yet. I wish that the morsels included info on who wrote what particular scene and storyline. Jerry Juhl and Dave Goelz wrote some of the morsels, and they were there when the show was made.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of the info there is stuff we could find elsewhere, before the set was released (as long as we knew where to look). Muppet Wiki wasn't around yet. I wish that the morsels included info on who wrote what particular scene and storyline. Jerry Juhl and Dave Goelz wrote some of the morsels, and they were there when the show was made.
Plus, confidentially, a few of the "morsels" were advertisements for Disney videos. I'm just saying...

CBPuppets

Reaction score
They May have Muppets on Puppets (Oh I am So Happy!:smile: :smile: :smile: )

needforspeed

Reaction score
No, there was a fuzzy version of Season 2.

:stick_out_tongue:
But there was only one fuzzy version, correct? All I could find was the one version. But, yes, mine does have fuzz...granted, it doesn't seem like as much fuzz as the first one. But it did have some fuzz on it.

fuzz fuzz fuzz fuzz (had to do that)

petrieboy

Reaction score
So Season 4 will have Gonzo on the cover, and I'm sure Season 5 will have Animal on the cover...

And I hope, somewhere along the way, they give us the "Muppets At Walt Disney World." I haven't seen it in years, but I still remember the really catchy song "Love in A Laundromat." If all the Muppet Seasons sell well, they may release the complete "Jim Henson Hour" into one complete dvd package. Don't you think? The problem is, they'd cut off the endings where Jim Henson introduced the "Storyteller" segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.