The Muppet Show Season 3 arrives May 20, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This appears to be a very interesting release! Disney is putting in a solid effort. :smile: And apparently playing nice with the Henson Legacy!

GoblinBabe

Reaction score
Yay! I'm so excited because I don't remember any of the shows from the third season! So it'll be like seeing them for the first time! Yay!:smile: And I miss Muppet Morsels!

matleo

Reaction score
You asked for it... I've got it... even more details on the bonus features!

Aside from the 24 episodes, the DVD will include hours of bonus features - including a vintage television special ("The Muppets on Puppets"), two brand-new documentaries ("A Frog is Born" and "A Company of Players"), original Muppet commercials, and much more!

The previously announced "The Making of the Muppets" is actually TWO brand-new behind the scenes featurettes... the first is entitled "A Frog is Born" and studies the origins of Kermit the Frog and the second is entitled "A Company of Players" and looks at the cast of puppeteers that brought the Muppets to life. :excited:

Excellent and about time! Finally a chance to honor these guys for the work they've done. It'll be really great to see interview with as many as they can do. I always love ot hear what Frank and Jerry say and it's well past time that Richard Hunt is honored somehow. Now I really can't wait!

thanks for the update Greg!

--Matleo

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I love the features but one thing worries me. Will they ever put every single commercial for The Muppet Show on the sets . This includes every 30 and 60 second commercial. I loved seeing those at the Muppets Music and magic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if either of those documentaries is going to be the one dropped from the S1 release.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what's meant by "original commercials". I doubt it will be commercials produced especially for the set. But I wonder if they will just be promors for The Muppet Show, or if they will be early commercials for such early products as Purina Dog Chow, the Ideal Muppet dolls, and others, or if it will be comercials with the Muppet Show cast (the two commercials I mention do have the cast, but I mean commercials with characters introduced on or around the time of TMS, as well as Kermit and Rowlf), such as for Polaroid, Mastercard, Denny's, Crooncy Stars, and Frito Lays (maybe also the National Wildlife Federation public service announcements).

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have a feeling the commercials will be the short promos that were created to advertise the third season of TMS.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I hope we get to see all the commercials. There were 120 30 second and 120 60 second ads for a total of 108 min or 1 hour 48 min. By season its 21 min 6 seconds of commercials per season. This would need its own disk with all of them on it.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
I hope these clips would be cut from these episodes perhaps due to music issues:

Alice Cooper:

Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Marisa Berenson:

Song: Do Re Mi

Danny Kaye:

Song: Age of Aquarius

Roy Rogers & Dale Evans:

Blue Skies

David French

Reaction score
I hope these clips would be cut from these episodes perhaps due to music issues:

Alice Cooper:

Song: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

Marisa Berenson:

Song: Do Re Mi

Danny Kaye:

Song: Age of Aquarius

Roy Rogers & Dale Evans:

Blue Skies
What kind of nonsensical post is this?

I seem to recall that there were similar posts last year along these lines as well concerning the second season set.

Status
Not open for further replies.