Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

muppetguy

Reaction score
Omg!

There's Gonzo! See..everyone was so terrified but look how amazing he turned out to be! I L-O-V-E him and can't wait for disney to ship him to me. I probably won't get him for another week or two, but when I do...I will post pics! I love the little blue guy:concern:

MWoO

Reaction score
Wait...he was released already?

MWoO

Reaction score
Ok, after looking at the pics here it seems eye spacing is an issue AGAIN! These eye lid things are screwing up the likeness because *** forces MR to space the eyes too far apart. No one can tell me that Gonzo has that much space between his eyes.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Ok, after looking at the pics here it seems eye spacing is an issue AGAIN! These eye lid things are screwing up the likeness because it forces MR to space the eyes too far apart. No one can tell me that Gonzo has that much space between his eyes.
I totally disagreed with you on Animal, but I completely agree with you on Gonzo.

I'm glad so many of you are happy with him... and that's the last I will ever say about Gonzo.

:stick_out_tongue:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm glad so many of you are happy with him... and that's the last I will ever say about Gonzo.

:stick_out_tongue:
Well, not taking anything away from Master Replicas, cos he is much better than was expected ... but if ya paid $400 bucks for something people would be happy/relieved it wasn't a monster wouldn't they? lol

I think Jamie has it right. He's doesn't look anywhere near perfect (and i wouldn't even say great) but he IS looking somewhere near to being "Gonzo", which is more than what the prototype was). People shouldn't have to be thinking of making all these alterations, that needs to stop now and MR needs to sort it for future ones - they need to be "replicas". I really hate that nose close up, the material texture looks terrible, but photographed or viewed from a slight distance it seems to look ok and blend in quite well.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I wonder what he looks like when Gonzo is photographed in natural light.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The fabric for the nose covering isn't a straight stocking weave. It appears to mimic the foam texture a little bit. The color is great. Very purpley. I am pleased with him. It is a shame that the texture is visibly different but that should not keep people from getting him. All of the pre-release photographs were terrible. He looks nothing like he does on the pre-order page or in the other various convention etc pics.

The one tiny gripe that I have is that his lip doesn't have that subtle pink stroke on it and there's a lot of missing nose color subtlety. Once my tiny pupil and eyelid tweaks are made Gonzo will likely receive an A- from me. And if that shading ever does bug me I'm sure that can be tweaked too. It's unlikely I'll need to.

Yes, this is the definitive Gonzo in this frogboy's opinion. :concern: He's the first one of these poser characters that looked great right out of the box! I can't believe those horrific product photographs made me think otherwise. There's a difference between taking a picture of a Muppet and taking a picture of a box of detergent.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
My Gonzo's eyelid bracket is not that noticable. Only when I have them wide open. I am trying to figure out what I can do to camoflage that part. As far as his pupils, I think they look just fine. I do agree with Frogboy, pulling him right out of the box and doing a little adjusting is all it really took. I also want to do the pink innerlip part down the line as well.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Would you folks say your Gonzo took the same amount of adjusting as Kermit did? My frog looked and felt like a corpse. Now unfortunately his fabric has started to do something funky. I'm seriously concerned for Gonzo being packaged with his mouth stretched that wide! Weird ain't it. I guess none of these replicas can be photographed well, look at Kermit with the shiney skin! Look forward to more photos.

Kevin

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
From what Frogboy said, I guess mine was the only one that was like that. Unless there are others out there that have the same situation, I am not really sure. It could have been that the factory just forgot to close his mouth when they packaged him or he was screaming to get out of the box! :concern: