Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Here's what I'm worried about: I keep seeing 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up being batted around this thread, and I'm just afraid they'll "trash up" the movie to make it more "current".

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's what I'm worried about: I keep seeing 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up being batted around this thread, and I'm just afraid they'll "trash up" the movie to make it more "current".
From the articles I have read that's precisely what Segel isn't interested in doing. That's what excites me. As has been said in this thread by others - I think he gets it. No Girls Gone Wild jokes, no "Way to get down with your bad selves" out of character Kermit lines, and yet no dumbing it down for the kids either. The Muppets have always walked a line of innuendo, but I don't think they'll have any "Bike in the trunk" lines.

By the way, anyone seen the new main page image? Okay, not the best - took 10 minutes to mock up, but that's the fella makin the film!

unclematt

Reaction score
I like the new Main Page image. Better than anything I could have done.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like the new Main Page image. Better than anything I could have done.
Yea i know i really like it myself as well.Hey I know that most of what come out of Jim Hill I could care less for, but has he said anything about the new movie yet?

unclematt

Reaction score
Very good question Dwayne. I am quite curious about that myself.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Yeah I've been checking Jim Hill all week. So far nothing. But maybe tomorrow? He said he would have to wait to hear back from his contact in the Muppets.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
does anyone know what this movie is going to be about? I hope the script is good. I really this brings back the magic of the muppets. I mean the last movie, Muppets from Space, was OK, but freally nothing special. I know there's no way, these can make films like in the Henson-era, but I hope they can atleast get that old school Muppet feeling back.

Beauregard

Reaction score
does anyone know what this movie is going to be about? I hope the script is good. I really this brings back the magic of the muppets. I mean the last movie, Muppets from Space, was OK, but freally nothing special. I know there's no way, these can make films like in the Henson-era, but I hope they can atleast get that old school Muppet feeling back.
We don't have any plot details yet, but we have had a number of interviews saying that the old school feeling will indeed be back!

(Also, have you seen It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas? That was a tv movie with the Muppets after Muppets From Space, and was fantastic, in my opinion.)

peyjenk

Reaction score
From the articles I have read that's precisely what Segel isn't interested in doing. That's what excites me. As has been said in this thread by others - I think he gets it. No Girls Gone Wild jokes, no "Way to get down with your bad selves" out of character Kermit lines, and yet no dumbing it down for the kids either. The Muppets have always walked a line of innuendo, but I don't think they'll have any "Bike in the trunk" lines.

By the way, anyone seen the new main page image? Okay, not the best - took 10 minutes to mock up, but that's the fella makin the film!
Thanks for the peace of mind, pal.

And the main page image looks great. I meant to comment on that before, but forgot. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think VMMC had some great moments, but still too much of that jaded humor to seem more current.

Status
Not open for further replies.