What in the world is going on around here?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Very good news! Thanks for the info, Phil! It seems to be much better. :big_grin:

Davina

Reaction score
hrm.. here i've had no problems.. however i haven't been able to get the hotmail page to load at home for about 2 weeks now.. doesn't matter which computer i'm on.. very annoying.. was working one day then stopped the next.. along with 2 other sites, now that i think of it... tis a good thing i work at a library... heh... but haven't noticed any weirdness here (yet... *sigh*)

Beauregard

Reaction score
but haven't noticed any weirdness here (yet... *sigh*)
You haven't noticed any weirdos here! Well, there'sthe beak-nosed one who catched cannonballs, the tall red one who squeaks, the moustached one with the guitar, the cu-uteblue one with a giant SG on his shirt, and the Swedish one witha chef's hat for starters!

Bea:hungry:{regards}regard

Davina

Reaction score
yes, but that's all "normal" for around here....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone else suddenly having occasional problems accessing MC again right now, or is it yet another sign that my internet connection is getting suckier and suckier with every passing week?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Is anyone else suddenly having occasional problems accessing MC again right now, or is it yet another sign that my internet connection is getting suckier and suckier with every passing week?
I sometimes find I have to keep logging in as it just kicks me out, but I blame our internet connection here at work (I pop on during my lunchbreaks as I am right now :smile:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, now I'm facing a different issue with the forum here, and I'm assuming once again, it's just me, which is really making me feel like an idiot to be reporting these problems, and everyone else probably thinking "Gee Snowthy, you must really have a sucky computer, why don't you get a new one and shut up already?" Even though again, it's not the computer that's giving me problems, it's Comcast's sucky internet.

Anyway, here's the new problem I'm facing: every so often whenever I'm posting a reply, or creating a new thread, absolutely nothing happens when I click "Submit"; sometimes I keep having to click it over and over again to try and get my posts to go through, then when that happens, it suddenly takes me to the error message about the 60 second time-out limit between posts (so apparently they go through at some point, but I keep having to click submit to get them to do so).

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded to Internet Explorer 9, it was just the beta version, so probably an issue with it and not the site.
But, it wouldn't let me post at all. I could write out messages but as soon as I hit "submit reply" it would take me to the error screen saying my post was less than 3 characters long and I should retype it before submitting. :concern:

Needless to say, I downgraded back to IE 8 and things are working great again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap, you mean they're already pushing out an IE9 now? Jeez, I just recently upgraded here a few months ago because I was still using the outdated IE6, now I feel like I'm being pressured to upgrade AGAIN!

Why can't we all just settle for one thing and be happy with it?

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
They're not pushing it out yet. I'm one of those techno-nerd types, I go out looking for the newest thing. I highly doubt it'll be ready for public release for awhile yet.