Gobo's "eh"...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I love how Gobo's Canadian accent is subtle, and not just overly exaggerated, MacKenzie Bros. Style. It makes it sound more believable.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Personally, I love how Gobo's Canadian accent is subtle, and not just overly exaggerated, MacKenzie Bros. Style. It makes it sound more believable.
Agreed. It makes Gobo even more relatable. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Even I know you don't put 'eh' after everything you say like they do...and I know next to nothing about Canada :wink:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Even I know you don't put 'eh' after everything you say like they do...and I know next to nothing about Canada :wink:
Indeed. The "eh" sometimes is tied to the stereotype associated with Canada.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed. The "eh" sometimes is tied to the stereotype associated with Canada.
The way I think of it, it would replace 'huh', 'right' or 'you know' at the end of a question or comment, and everyone knows you don't do that with everything you say, eh? :coy:
When over done I think 'don't you know' is just as annoying :excited:. Bobby's mom in a certain show use to drive me crazy with that, don't you know. But I forget where she was a stereotype from :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The way I think of it, it would replace 'huh', 'right' or 'you know' at the end of a question or comment, and everyone knows you don't do that with everything you say, eh? :coy:
When over done I think 'don't you know' is just as annoying :excited:. Bobby's mom in a certain show use to drive me crazy with that, don't you know. But I forget where she was a stereotype from :stick_out_tongue:
Bobby's World?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, that was the show, but I'm not sure where she was suppose to be from, I thought it might have been Canada as well:confused:?
Possibly. A lot of 80's shows had a Canadian flare at times.