1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Gobo's "eh"...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Redsonga, May 17, 2008.

1. wwfpooh New Member

All that is very interesting. Canada sounds like a fun place.
  2. MrsPepper Active Member

Hahaa! You couldn't have said that in a more vague, polite, vacant way.

That's kind of what I mean about how americans take their own country's supposed superiority for granted. Canada's just 'interesting'. No offense to you or anything, pooh, it's just that I hear that attitude a lot.
  3. Redsonga Active Member

I don't really have any feelings one way or another about Canada. Mostly because I was never taught anything about it in school really. We learned much more about South America and Mexico :sympathy:...
  4. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I got a kick out of some of the vocabulary. However, my mother and my aunt spent a lot of their childhood in the northern US, I've met lots of people from up north, I read For Better or For Worse, a comic strip that takes place in Canada, and I read a lot anyway ... so, a good percentage of that stuff I already knew, even if I didn't know the exact words (like the governmental parties' names). I really want to go there, since the only "foreign" country I've ever been to is Mexico.
  5. wemblingalong Member

Oh, Canada!

I love Canada! The CBC allowed my Northern New York family to watch Fraggle Rock as I mentioned before. I have visited Montreal and Quebec beautiful areas that offer a wealth of diversity! I wish we had their health care! :)
  6. wwfpooh New Member

I never meant to offend. I was trying to say it is a nice place without offending people.
  7. Redsonga Active Member

Whenever I say interesting I only mean it in a good way..To me, anywhere outside of my home state is interesting :)
  8. wwfpooh New Member

Same here.
  9. MrsPepper Active Member

I picture the rock to be like an entire universe underneath ours, with Fraggle holes everywhere. We know there are some in the states because there's one in Fozzie's mum's house in Muppet Family Christmas. PLus there are so many undiscovered caves, they could spread out far and wide. But, Doc's fraggle hole and the main fraggle cave happen to be underneath southern Ontario. :)
  10. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

There's also Matt's cave, which cheats :D

There must also be a hole somewhere in the Labyrinth, because Matt makes a cameo in the manga sequel.
  11. Redsonga Active Member

Well, the Labyrinth is underground so it is not that hard to link the two *lol* :excited:
  12. RL4422 New Member

My husband and I were discussing the accent the other night. I didn't know what a Canadian accent was when I was little... but without it, Gobo wouldn't be Gobo. It's genius! :smirk:
  13. Redsonga Active Member

I did'nt know that one really was until just this year..I just never stopped to think about it before :coy:
  14. wwfpooh New Member

It's not hard to link all Henson creations together. Just place the Muppet Theature somewhere in New York next to Sesame Street and in either building, have underground tunnels connecting to the Labryinth and Fraggle Rock.
  15. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

I was born in Anchorage, Alaska, and on our move back to the lower 48, we spent a week driving through the Yukon and British Columbia. I like to remark that had I been born 50 or so miles east, I could have qualified for dual citizenship.

I've not heard many Canadians use the "eh;" for me, what identifies a Canadian accent is the pronunciation of words like "house" and "about," rather like "hose" and "a-boat." With a long O.
  16. MrsPepper Active Member

Hahah! To me it doesn't sound that way at all, but maybe to you it does. >< Okay, I've decided. Everyone make a list of words that Canadians apparently say funny, and I will do a recording of it to settle the record! ;)
  17. Redsonga Active Member

Well, Gobo isn't so much a Canadian stereotype as he is a character that just happens to live under Canada a bit as I can understand it now ;). It's funny to think, if different parts of the rock truly live under different parts of the whole world (in a next door dimension sort of way) , how much the deeper trademarks of the local accents might effect the fraggles living there...I wonder what the fraggles under england might sound like :confused:
  18. wwfpooh New Member

They may make use of terms used by Britain, Wales, etc.
  19. Redsonga Active Member

It's not just the wording, I can just see all the different dialects mixing together in funny ways *lol*:excited:
  20. wwfpooh New Member

Me too, for after all, FR was created as an anti-war version of the human race to an extent.