Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
That biopic has gotten no more mention in Hollywood. It's true that smaller companies do films all the time - but, the production company in question doesn't look like one of them.

I couldn't say for sure but, from what I have seen my feeling is the likelihood of that film being made would be next to nada.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That biopic has gotten no more mention in Hollywood. It's true that smaller companies do films all the time - but, the production company in question doesn't look like one of them.

I couldn't say for sure but, from what I have seen my feeling is the likelihood of that film being made would be next to nada.
Charming and uplifting way to look at something we have little information about. :smirk:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
And why is there so little info? My experience living in Hollywood is that people site they are making films all the time but, then nothing comes from it.

I would say with as much coverage and attention Segel's proposed film is getting that it's pretty much a sure thing. This other biopic could just be talk. I say could be.

As i've said before - anything can happen in Hollywood, so hold your head up Frogboy - you may just be right!

I personally think it's a wonderfully idea although I would definitely want Christian Bale to play Henson and Ernst Lubitsch to direct. Oh, wait he's deader than doornails but, geez what a wonderful filmmaker... Check him out!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
And why is there so little info? My experience living in Hollywood is that people site they are making films all the time but, then nothing comes from it.

I would say with as much coverage and attention Segel's proposed film is getting that it's pretty much a sure thing. This other biopic could just be talk. I say could be.
Don't get so uppity, muppity! :smile: Hehe. Sorry... couldn't resist.

You make a good point that it might not happen, but then again, it might so.

Anyway, I was just thinking... am I wrong in worrying about this Fraggle project? This may sound like something Byron posted a while ago in his own thread, but the Fraggles are a very different group from the Muppets, that is, the characters from The Muppet Show. Those characters tried so many different types of things, which is why they still work in films like Kermit's Swamp Years and Muppets Wizard of Oz. I know those aren't the most favored Muppet productions, but the Muppets still work pretty well within them. However, Fraggle Rock was so very specific. Yes, they could pretty much tell any kind of story with them, if it was handled right. But, you can't put Fraggles into a fairy tale. You can't make Fraggles use the type of humor that has seeped into modern family films (such as jokes revolving around bodily functions). Fraggles are silly, funny characters with a message, but all of it has to be handled so specifically to make it right. It just worries me that they might not get that care.

Maybe I'm being silly. :coy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Undue Pessimism

As i've said before - anything can happen in Hollywood, so hold your head up Frogboy - you may just be right!

I personally think it's a wonderfully idea although I would definitely want Christian Bale to play Henson and Ernst Lubitsch to direct. Oh, wait he's deader than doornails but, geez what a wonderful filmmaker... Check him out!
It's a biopic of a person who made his living mostly behind the scenes, passed away in 1990 and is many years out of the spotlight. That's quite different than a Muppet or Fraggle film.

:coy: It is much too soon to play devil's advocate when they're still shopping the script around to directors etc. I'm not saying either way about the film's chances of being made. Any judgments on this Henson picture's status with little-to-no information to go on (considering the screenplay purchase was just announced this February) are irresponsible and not in the spirit of the can-do spirit of Jim Henson and his creations.

This film doesn't need a cheerleader, but why be the glass half empty guy? :sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
It's SO good to get some more news on this exciting project again! I don't know how I feel about the writer as I haven't seen Doogal or Hoodwinked, but from what I've heard Hoodwinked was pretty funny.

I just hope this guy knows the characters and true spirit of Fraggle Rock. Only time will tell if anyone other than Jerry or Susan Juhl or Jocelyn Stevenson can really bring the Fraggles to life. :smirk:

I'm VERY excited for this! Bring it on, Weinstein company! Show me whatcha got! :excited:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Fraggles at all - Superscooter. They hit big all over yahoo the other day - probably a number one blog and many credible sources were at the heart of it. That's big news...

Frogboy - I admitted that you may be right and I hope you are. It is just that while I sit here sipping my cocktail in the Hollywood Hills living in Orson Wells old house with filmmakers surrounding me... I have seen a lot in terms of how this industry works. The basis for my theory ultimately lies in the company Empire. No credible works have been produced by the company as of yet. They may very well have a working script and it could be shopped around and picked up by a known.

I personally know a lot of writers who've shopped scripts, gotten exposure and quickly the whole thing dropped into obscurity. Perhaps that is pessimist or realist - I will hold the phone on this one and until I hear more... The peanut gallery will fall quiet.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Hoodwinked was hilarious - don't worry... The Fraggles are in good hands.:excited:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the Fraggles at all - Superscooter. They hit big all over yahoo the other day - probably a number one blog and many credible sources were at the heart of it. That's big news...
Well, my concerns all exist within the writing, actually. But, I will try to be optomistic...