Fraggle Rock fanfic: Everything Seems To Sing

Redsonga

Reaction score
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Diary,
I had forgotten how hard traveling on the road is when you only....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her feet hurt.

Her feet hurt, she was all alone.

Her feet hurt, she was alone, the flower was pretty.

She was alone…the flower was pretty.

The flower was pretty…

Mokey sighed as she turned the pink spotted lily stem over and over in her hands, lost in thought.

Had what Boober asked really just been to keep her from leaving?

Mokey's thoughts were so far back in the cozy memories of her home in the lower rock for the last eighteen years, that she seemed to have all but forgotten the group walking single file in front of her.

Cantus walked before them all, his magic pipe held within easy playing distance.

The large form of Brool came next, so near to his leader that he seemed to be inches away from stepping on his cloak, stopping now and then to sniff the air.

Murray followed, doing his own check every few steps to grab hold of the hand or tail of Brio, who was looking back in concern at the tall lilac fraggle walking dead last.

Balsam, the only one not in line, had taken to his own path beside them, zipping from brush to stone with a quick cricket like clicking sound.

Brio sighed as she was dragged from the sight of the saddened Mokey again by Murray's almost annoyed pulling on her hand, and fixed him with an unseen look.

"Aw no, not this again…" Murray said with his own sigh as music started all around, backed up by Balsam's, and the rest of the insects of the road to Wonder Mountain's, clicking.

Both Mokey and Cantus seemed to not notice the songs forlorn beat.

"If the mist is on the trail long, you will know where I have gone....

You can hear the water flow.... a hundred miles…"

Murray reluctantly joined in with his guitar, to accompany Brio's slightly accented alto, as Brool's ears pricked.

"A hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles, a hundred miles…

You can hear the water flow a hundred miles…"

Brool sniffed, joining in with Brio and Murray as the whole line began to cross the invisible bridge, Balsam flying over the gap before them with his usually hidden grasshopper like wings.

" Oh moon, I am one, Moon I am two, Moon I am three, Moon I am four, Oh Moon…

I am five hundred miles from my home…"

Balsam landed on Brool's large back as they finished crossing, adding his bongo beat to the three's singing.

"Five hundred miles, five hundred miles, five hundred miles, five hundred miles,

Oh Great Moon, I am five hundred miles from my home…"

As they passed the hole that had once been the home of the feared Avalanche Monster and edged around a cavern of what looked like dancing cacti in the distance, low, sad notes from the magic pipe joined in.

" Not a shirt on my back, not a pebble to my name…

Moon, I can not go home this way…

This way, this way, this way, this way..

Oh Moon, I can not go home this way…"

Mokey finally looked up from her flower at Lanford's soft purr near her ear as the last lines of the song drifted away quietly.

"If the mist is on the trail long, you will know where I am gone…

You can hear... the water flow…a hundred... miles…"

Brio ended her song, burying her muzzle in back of Murray's coat and crying.

"Hey, hey, it's okay…" He whispered with a smile.

"My…" Mokey breathed in concern, the line going back to moving in itself normal music-less fashion...

Normal, except that Murray had fallen back to walk beside her, licking his hand and then grooming his ear in a matter of fact way as his voice went up to a just barely overhear-able whisper.

"I know you don't mean no harm by it Mokey, but if this drag of a mood gets much bigger it'll start kick'n up so much dust we won't be able to see the road."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know…" Mokey said, rubbing her eyes as she started to put her flower from Boober away, only to have Murray stop her, grabbing the lily and handing it back.

"Don't feel sorry, it's okay, we just pick up things real easy on the down low." He said, winking.

"We are travelers of the spirit of the songs." Cantus' distant voice interjected, surprisely loudly for being so far away from earshot.

Murray rolled his eyes a bit in Mokey's direction with such a overblown flare that she couldn't help but laugh.

"There, see? Nice 'n easy. I wouldn't be bugging you to smile so quickly if it was just us 'n the boss, but Brio's 'traveler's spirit' is better at gettn' homesick than most…"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Her feet hurt, she was alone, the flower was pretty.
My brother loves to joke that I'm the same way.

The whole world could come to an end around me and I'd be all like "Ooh, butterfly!"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The interaction between Mokey & the minstrels is brillant! More please?

Redsonga

Reaction score
My brother loves to joke that I'm the same way.

The whole world could come to an end around me and I'd be all like "Ooh, butterfly!"
*lol* It's so true...As the story goes on I think I am switching more from 3rd person objective to 3rd person limited as it gets farer into being just Mokey's travels:excited:...
The interaction between Mokey & the minstrels is brillant! More please?
Don't worry there will be :excited: :3

Pork

Reaction score
That was great, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next part...because why would I look backwards for the next part? that doesn't make sense. XD

Redsonga

Reaction score
That was great, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next part...because why would I look backwards for the next part? that doesn't make sense. XD
Okay, dokay..it should be ready ether today or tomorrow:excited:

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
This is really good, but it is a little short. That's just my take from reading one posting. I kept hoping to get a little bit more. Perhaps because this reads so very well, and I had been anticipating the next part when I left town last week.

Your dialogues are really good, and I like how you write Cantus, very mysterious.

Funny thing here and tiny bit off topic, but yesterday, I saw a train with the name Cantus on it, and through about all the stories I have read here with him as a character. Funny, but very true.

Hope to read more soon.