Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I broke down and ordered the AUS version, it cost an arm and two legs, but knowing that it wasn't a bootleg helped and knowing that it is shipped here domestically was a nice plus. That was my main concern. Thanks Redsonga for letting me know that it's not one. It's muchly appreciated. :big_grin:

Now I'm not only waiting for it, but also for the Muppet Show season 3. :smile:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I'm gonna order the Australian set as well. However I will wait to see if they come to their senses and realease the regular season 4 boxset with the bonus disc. If they haven't done that or said anything of a release date in December at the latest I will buy the AUS set and search for a dvd rip of the bonus disc, in my eyes HIT has given me permisssion for getting a dvd rip of the bonus disc for doing this stunt.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey yall don't bad mouth Wal- Mart if it where not for them I would not have a job.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Wal-Mart in Germany went under about two years ago. They didn't have the lowest prices either, and I got into a serious row with someone who worked at our local store about that too.

The people at the store that used to be Wal-Mart were very rude to me, and I ended up writing a grievance letter to the headquarters for the German affiliate. The fact is, they did not want to keep with the guarantee they boasted in their sales papers, so no, they did not have the lowest prices. I think when the store's founder passed on, the quality went way down, at least, that's what happened here.

I don't know how it is in the States, but our local media store (the German version of Best Buy) was a lot better pricewise on CDs and DVDs than that store was. :frown: I'm not knocking Wal Mart, I'm just saying that they do not have the lowest prices.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Wal-Mart in Germany went under about two years ago. They didn't have the lowest prices either, and I got into a serious row with someone who worked at our local store about that too.

The people at the store that used to be Wal-Mart were very rude to me, and I ended up writing a grievance letter to the headquarters for the German affiliate. The fact is, they did not want to keep with the guarantee they boasted in their sales papers, so no, they did not have the lowest prices. I think when the store's founder passed on, the quality went way down, at least, that's what happened here.

I don't know how it is in the States, but our local media store (the German version of Best Buy) was a lot better pricewise on CDs and DVDs than that store was. :frown: I'm not knocking Wal Mart, I'm just saying that they do not have the lowest prices.
They do where I live, it's hard to afford to shop anywhere else now..and we have no best buy :embarrassed:

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Ah, I just buy everything (besides groceries) online anyhow, so no need to worry about Walmart vs. other retailers. They're all souless corporate machines anyhow...

Anyway, I do have some news you all might be interested in regarding a stand alone Fraggle Rock Season 4 set.

I can't confirm it to be true, but I heard some news from my cousin the other day who has a friend who has a friend that works in HIT Enterainment's corporate offices and she says that this friend of a friend says the HIT is planning to release a stand alone set afterall. Apparently, they are focusing all the Fraggle Rock efforts on the full (advertising and what not) sereis boxset for the time being and plan on quietly releasing a stand alone season 4 just a month after the full series (in other words, before christmas 08). At least she says that her friend's friend said that was the initial plan. The stand alone could get pushed back depending on sales of the full series set, but according it is planned to be released eventually.

As I said, I can't confirm it and it has kind of telephoned through four different parties, so there's no real telling if someone was mistaken in the relay or outright lying. Just thought I'd pass it along to you fine Muppet Forum people. It's just a rumor at this point, so take it for what it's worth...

Status
Not open for further replies.