Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone see that the pre order price at amazon went up? now it's 125.99 :frown:
Amazon's price will go down again before it's release date. (Most new titles get at least a 30% discount right before it's release.) That's the benefit of their pre-order program, you'll get the cheapest price for pre-ordering.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But don't companies say in their fine print that if someone could find the cheapest price for an item elsewhere, then the company would allow the customer to pay said low price for the given item?

Quazimoto

Reaction score
But don't companies say in their fine print that if someone could find the cheapest price for an item elsewhere, then the company would allow the customer to pay said low price for the given item?

A lot of places do that, but not all. Almost no big name online retailer will these days. They have so many customers that will buy it from them regardless, they don't really bother with price matching.

I've pre-order almost every DVD I buy through Amazon and can attest to what the previous poster said about the discount when the release date is near. It's almost always cheaper the first week or so of release. And if you do pre-order through Amazon, they do have the low price guaruntee where you'll get the lowest price it's listed at between the time you place the pre-order and the actual release.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The problem would be if the pre-order price ends up higher than the released price. XD

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
When I've had preorder status on Amazon stuff, I have always gotten email notifications when the price changed. That happened when I ordered the last Harry Potter book on preorder. About two weeks before the book was due to release, they sent me an email saying that they would not be charging as much for the book as originally listed. Instead, the price went down about 10 percent. Of course, it never happened the other way (ie. the price going up). That's simply never happenend.

I think that while Amazon does not always have the best prices, they do have good service and if there is a problem with their products, they are always accomodating with their customers. But, that's just my limited experience with them, and I've been a customer there for the last two-three years.

So, while the preorder status of Fraggle Rock may change, I am sort of thinking that they will not contact their customers and say they are going to charge more for something that was preordered at a set price. I think they have more integrity than to do that...they could also lose customers if they did.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
The problem would be if the pre-order price ends up higher than the released price. XD
Oh, you don't have to worry about that through Amazon though... If you pre-order at one price and on (or before) the official release date it ends up being listed at a lower price, they give you the lower price.

Though, perhaps you mean if the pre-order/low price guaruntee price ends up being higher than the release price at a regular store. In that case, if Amazon has already sent yours, all you have to do is wait until it arrives, don't open it, write them and say you're returning it because you've found it cheaper elsewhere. Usually they'll even send you a postage paid return shipping container and refund your full purchase price. It'd be a bit of a hassle, I admit, but I've done it twice before without incident. They were actually really cool about it another couple times and ended up discounting me at the price I showed them on a competitor's website after they'd already sent the DVD. They don't have a set price match policy, but if you alert them that someone else has a cheaper price, they usually end up giving you that price (though it's only happened to me on first week releases when then subsequently discounted their own price to match the competitor's). That's one of the reasons I've stuck with them for years.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
So, while the preorder status of Fraggle Rock may change, I am sort of thinking that they will not contact their customers and say they are going to charge me more for something that was preordered at a set price. I think they have more integrity than to do that...they could also lose customers if they did.

Nope, indeed, they'll never do that. When you place a pre-order at a certain price, you pay that price or less. Never more.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad that commercial retail stores--especially Wal-Mart--tote low prices and yet, as Amazon's proved, Wal-Mart would need to step up its game if it truly wants to be master of the low price.

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I actually put a lot more stock in customer care than I do in who has the lowest prices. My big grievance is when a store toots its own horn, then they deliver what they say in those annoying ad circulars. If a store has knowledgeable salespeople, who don't treat me like a blithering idiot (whilst pulling the money from my pocket), then I have no problem with not getting the lowest price. I just have a very hard time going back to a place that leaves a sort of residue a la 'Manny's Land of Carpets'.

Someone made the point about how in the textile industry people exploit those in other countries and that was really a very valid point. Once that I failed to mention. I suppose looking at products like CDs and DVDs, perhaps it's good to shop around and get good deals on them, but with other things; like clothing, toys, and other textiles, perhaps the cheapest is not going to be the best, so point well taken.

zns

Reaction score
Amazon's price will go down again before it's release date. (Most new titles get at least a 30% discount right before it's release.) That's the benefit of their pre-order program, you'll get the cheapest price for pre-ordering.
Let's hope so. I'm still thinking about selling my individual three seasons and asking my folks to by the complete series for Christmas. One more question though. It does seem highly doubtful, but will the original replicas of Jim Henson's notebook, sales pitch booklet, and Michael Friths sketches be included with the illustrated poster? Just a thought. :smirk: Anyway, can't wait to see how the review looks. :excited: Hoepfully it's good, despite some remarks. :coy:

Status
Not open for further replies.