MC Community: Where is it going?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally if I were a moderator I would want to delete all reference to the matter in question from this thread. Out of respect for Richard's memory, friends and family it really doesn't belong anywhere here on our forum at all.

Don't worry though Vic. I accept your apologies. :smile:
Um... maybe only because particular notion wasn't publicly confirmed by Richard himself, but striking such a comment for any other reason would be just plain intolerant. However, I don't believe that to be the intention. This instance does straddle two basic forum guidelines.

In my time at Muppet Central I have found that Gays and Christians make up two of the largest Muppet fan bases! It is funny and cool how the Muppets can unite so many people, yet when they come here many groups feel their specific backgrounds should take priority over others. It just happens on all sides.

Your post does insinuate that finding someone gay is disrespectful and I take offense to that, but again I do not believe it was your intention to do so. I have many friends of non-religious backgrounds that feel calling someone a Christian is an insult and I make sure to stop and respectfully refute that notion to them each and every time. How one treats others is the measure of a person - not who they happen to love or worship.

I stick up for the religious threads and even the religious fan fiction here. Sure, some of it makes me feel uncomfortable and may not be particularly Muppety, but I oppose such censorship of that kind. I don’t think Vic’s post requires an apology. Muppet performers and artists have had many backgrounds – Christian, Jewish, gay and so on. I think it is important we honor such diversity rather than take offense to the portions we do not agree with. If that means the more vocally religious members taking extra consideration in their posts about gays or other such minority issues than so be it. That falls directly inline with their core theology anyway.

Peace. :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I was hoping to get your personal take on that post, Jamie. And I wasn't apologizing for feeling I was talking about something bad (clearly not, as I was trying to communicate just how important Richard's entire life is so important to me), I just realize that MC is a more light-hearted place, and also I wasn't aware that such things were only speculation.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was hoping to get your personal take on that post, Jamie. And I wasn't apologizing for feeling I was talking about something bad (clearly not, as I was trying to communicate just how important Richard's entire life is so important to me), I just realize that MC is a more light-hearted place, and also I wasn't aware that such things were only speculation.
The fact that it was only speculation was the number one reason behind my post. I certainly don't mean any personal offence to Jamie or anybody else. :smile:

Let's move on now my friends.:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From what I know that particular notion is still technically considered speculation. Your post should have easily flown under the radar yet was unfortunately targeted. I will trust Bill's motives behind that. It is best we move on from that post, yet I hope it remains uncensored as it does demonstrate problem solving on the forum. Again, I enjoyed hearing your sentiments.

Such topics used to be much more tightly guarded in decades past, but they are not by any means taboo to discuss on Muppet Central or I'd never have joined in any capacity. Even here it appears that members are more open to state that their religion than admit to being gay, but I choose not to creatively tiptoe around the pronouns of my personal life. :smile:

There's room for everyone at Muppet Central...well maybe not Muppet-haters. :sleep: :boo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will say that I'm hesitant about censorship because it can imply a negativity about a subject. It's a very fine line.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's room for everyone at Muppet Central...well maybe not Muppet-haters. :sleep: :boo:
I wonder if Muppet-haters are also the same people who are afraid of clowns?

You know, I met a girl who was terrified of Muley, and she said she hates anything like that: Pinocchio, Muppets, Costumed characters...that's weird to me. I'm only afraid of snakes and pain!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know, I met a girl who was terrified of Muley, and she said she hates anything like that: Pinocchio, Muppets, Costumed characters...that's weird to me. I'm only afraid of snakes and pain!
It's not weird to me, that was my childhood! I cried during an entire Chuckie Cheese party (not kidding, the whole time)! I'm amazed I was a Muppet fan, but somehow I made it through!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I do have a photo of me 1 year old at Disney World and I was quite nervous of the Sherrif of Knottingham from Robin Hood walk-around! I'm in his arms, looking back at the teeth in his mouth, and leaning as far away as I can! HA HA!

Chuck E. Cheese was awesome. Then, one day, they forgot to do maintenance. It was horrible--all this loose fur material hanging over robotic arms and other animatronic pieces. As cool as it was for them to let it fall apart. That was disappointing, and looking back on it now who's to say they didn't have Terminator robots in there watching us, memorizing our faces to come after us and take back all the pizza we ate?

HELP! I'm scared!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and looking back on it now who's to say they didn't have Terminator robots in there watching us, memorizing our faces to come after us and take back all the pizza we ate?
Yeah see exactly!

You know maybe the people responsible for all the creepy costumed and mechanical creatures also made all those scary PBS logos! Hmm

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Muppet-haters are also the same people who are afraid of clowns?

Clowns are creepy. But this comes from a guy who thinks Batman's Joker is just a misunderstood pale Casanova with keen purply fashion sense. :big_grin: