What Would You Like to See on SST?

wiley207

Reaction score
I don't think New York City has ANY countdown timer signals! My city doesn't either, but I really want some of them installed in my city, particularly at the really dangerous intersections.

RyGuy

Reaction score
I would like to see the humans have more "one-on one " time with the viewer. I suggest this because other than "welcome to Sesame Street " The humans seldom apppear alone and rarely " play " with the viewer by themselves The Seegment could by called "Grown-up time" where a human could say something like "Hi, I'm ( insert name here )I'm glad you took time to visit me today , today we're going to play a game " it would be as if the humans had a segment of their own that would be an excllent way for them to appear by themselves . It could be set in a green backdrop with a brick wall and they could either read a story or play a game with the viewer just them . There wouldn't be any charcters in this segment just a human and the viwer .

The segment could alternate between a game one day and a story the other . This would be the first time a human will have appeared by themselves in a non-street segment. This could be a Seson forty consideration.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No thanks. We don't need any of that talk-down-to-the-viewer dribble. Now, if the segment were like Mr. Rogers, then I could understand it being instituted whole-heartedly.

ISNorden

Reaction score
How on earth did you guys get on to Street signals!

By mentioning that the "walk/don't walk" lessons from Sesame Street's earlier years were out of date (because signals with words are rarer than they used to be). Sorry about the thread-hijacking...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
What I'd like to see is the gradual merging of the Street gang back into the Muppet family as a whole. Granted, they're owned now by seperate companies, but that shouldn't matter, because both were created out of the many facets of Jim Henson.

ISNorden

Reaction score
What I'd like to see is the gradual merging of the Street gang back into the Muppet family as a whole. Granted, they're owned now by seperate companies, but that shouldn't matter, because both were created out of the many facets of Jim Henson.
That would affect the Muppet Show more than it would Sesame Street, of course; even before the breakup, only one character (Kermit) appeared regularly on both shows. I do think it's sad that Kermit's relegated to the same 3-4 old clips now; maybe if they were allowed to share the frog as freely as they used to, Sesame Workshop would not only create new Kermit sketches but be more willing to repeat the classic ones in later episodes.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Plus, the refences to his other friends (pig references being nods to Miss Piggy, for instance) could possibly pave the way for a non-special crossover. ^_^ But sadly, that's probably just a pipe dream. XD