Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

vaati64

Reaction score
I got my set today about 4 hours ago and am watching it right now. I really like the set, but I do have one complaint: in my set, several of the discs came loose and half the discs are heavily scratched.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I really liked it. I'm sorry. It's awesome, and a bargain, and I know people can't afford it, but I'm like in love with it right now.

Half of my discs had come out, but they were fine. So far.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like this.
Trust me, you aren't. Just check out the reviews at Amazon. There's a lot of people out there (like me) who would love to have Season 4 and those extras...but to re-buy Seasons 1-3 all over again?

Sorry, but Season 4 shouldn't cost $100. That's really what it boils down to. HIT got support from Fraggle fans. They said "Hmmm, you guys want Fraggles to be available again? We might make some VHS tapes..."

Fraggle fans then scrambled to buy 'em, signed online petitions for DVDs, anxiously awaited to pre-order Season 1 and later pushed past Goth kids in Hot Topic to see if there were any plush Wembleys left.

Season 1 was appreciated by so many, the set we had been waiting for! Season 2 was even more insightful and touching with that special tribute to Jerry Juhl. Season 3 brought us footage of the elusive Kathy Mullen and (WOW!) Gerry Parkes! Any minor quibbles about what the sets could've had were all but forgotten. It almost made up for the fact that Mokey never made it to Hot Topic...almost.

We all waited for Season 4. HIT had the bucks to do it, the money of Fraggle fans everywhere who had been so loyal to snap up these wonderful sets (and the occasional Doozer PVC)...

...and then this happened.

Umm...okay. Yeah, the box is pretty. Yeah, Season 4 is in there somewhere. Yeah, the clip of Jim is a treat (along with the other unreleased extra tidbits)...but...

Sorry, I just can't afford it this time around. Season 4 individually, sure, but not the box set. I know it's sort of a Catch 22, you gotta buy the stuff that's out in order for HIT to release new stuff. But what do you do when you already have the stuff that's out, then it's resold to you in a different box? "But it's got Season 4!" says HIT. Mmm-hm.

I say it's like we're having to buy a box of cereal we have enough of already. The only reason we'd buy it is to get the new toy at the bottom of the box we all want.

If HIT does the smart thing, it'll put out the "toy" without the extra "cereal". Like a lot of Fraggle fans, I'm not that hungry.:smirk:

Convincing John

Gold Demona

Reaction score
If HIT does the smart thing, it'll put out the "toy" without the extra "cereal". Like a lot of Fraggle fans, I'm not that hungry.:smirk:
That is a VERY good analogy.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really liked it. I'm sorry. It's awesome, and a bargain, and I know people can't afford it, but I'm like in love with it right now.

Half of my discs had come out, but they were fine. So far.
I would love it too if not for the whole "Let's completely ignore the fact that most fans already GOT most of the series." aspect of it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I feel bad, but then I have found other ways of sharing the series without giving mine away:coy:. It should not be seen as the only way to prove you are a 'true fan' after all. I am saving that label for getting a 80's Mokey and Sprocket :wink:.
I'm not trying to prove anything, just doing what I think is right. You in turn can do what you want. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I got my set today about 4 hours ago and am watching it right now. I really like the set, but I do have one complaint: in my set, several of the discs came loose and half the discs are heavily scratched.
That's disturbing, where did you get it from?

Redsonga

Reaction score
I say it's like we're having to buy a box of cereal we have enough of already. The only reason we'd buy it is to get the new toy at the bottom of the box we all want.

Convincing John
It's like I said before, the box is pretty, and Sidebottom Blues is a nice episode, but they really aren't worth $100 to me :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm going to wait awhile before considering a purchase, as the price will likely keep going down.

I do want to know if most people's discs are heavily scratched though, that could be a pattern.

vaati64

Reaction score
That's disturbing, where did you get it from?

my local bestbuy. Although, my dad and I went back and the lady at customer services let us open up the other two sets and we were able to create one pretty good set. there are still a few discs that have seen better days, but hey, what can you do?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
my local bestbuy. Although, my dad and I went back and the lady at customer services let us open up the other two sets and we were able to create one pretty good set. there are still a few discs that have seen better days, but hey, what can you do?
Well that was very nice of her, not everyone would bother. Maybe you can buy some of that DVD repair stuff. Hope you're still able to enjoy it! :smile:

I might order through Amazon in case it needs to be returned.