Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
hi this is my first time here, i just got this set from dvdempire.com and every disc in the bottom slot on each page had come out and was very scratched. I'm going to return it, but since the discs are packaged by HIT what can the shipper really do?
I would call HIT and let them know about it: 1-866-405-7625.

It's really disappointing to hear about those scratched discs (especially if half of them fell out). That's much more than one or two - that's ten!

Improperly-housed discs are the primary reason I avoid complete series sets like the plague. The only economically-feasible way to produce a giant set like that is to store the discs in pockets or sleeves, yet DVDs are not meant to be treated that way. Ridiculous.

jadekitten

Reaction score
thanks i'll try that although i read on here they only talk to press now or something?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
thanks i'll try that although i read on here they only talk to press now or something?
No, that's their customer service number. It should work, but they're sometimes away from the desk, so you have to be diligent.

Let us know what happens...

FraggleBoy26

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me as well! I purchased from a local Best Buy, only to return home and find that 8 out of the 10 bottom-row placed discs had been loose and scratched up against the metal in the 3-ring binder. I returned the set to Best Buy where we opened up 3 more sets only to find this the case in all 3! The girl let me make one decent set out of the ones we had opened, but there were still 6 discs that I felt were in unsatisfactory condtion for the $90 pricetag. I took it upon myself to call HIT and explain the situation. The representative apologized but then said that it was not HITs fault because they didn't distribute the sets, LionsGate did. She then proceeded to give me a phone # to call at LionsGate customer service. After speaking to two different people, I was finally advised to send in the scratched discs to their customer service department in Santa Monica, CA with a copy of my receipt, and I will have replacement discs mailed back to me. I sent the discs to them on Nov 7th with them arriving on Nov 10th (I did delivery confirmation). And now the waiting begins....

Redsonga

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me as well! I purchased from a local Best Buy, only to return home and find that 8 out of the 10 bottom-row placed discs had been loose and scratched up against the metal in the 3-ring binder. I returned the set to Best Buy where we opened up 3 more sets only to find this the case in all 3! The girl let me make one decent set out of the ones we had opened, but there were still 6 discs that I felt were in unsatisfactory condtion for the $90 pricetag. I took it upon myself to call HIT and explain the situation. The representative apologized but then said that it was not HITs fault because they didn't distribute the sets, LionsGate did. She then proceeded to give me a phone # to call at LionsGate customer service. After speaking to two different people, I was finally advised to send in the scratched discs to their customer service department in Santa Monica, CA with a copy of my receipt, and I will have replacement discs mailed back to me. I sent the discs to them on Nov 7th with them arriving on Nov 10th (I did delivery confirmation). And now the waiting begins....
Argh :eek: Metal+DVDs=not good:cry:. At this point I think, if you don't have any of the seasons and can't wait (or can) the single sets might be a better choice for getting working DVDs, AUS season four or not :embarrassed:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Will be interested in finding out what happens. That is just wrong.
It is wrong when you have to go out of your way to get DVDs that work and pay shipping when you already paid for working ones from the get go IMHO :cry:

ninjagobo

Reaction score
No, it came out a few months ago that this wasn't completed in time to make the duplication date. I'll add this to the review though as it may not be common knowledge for everyone yet that this wasn't included.
I hadn't noticed that. Thanks. Now, I can quit scouring my DVDs to try and find it.