Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Kermieuk

Reaction score
My discs are also scratched, they are minor scratches and they dont effect the playing of the discs but nonetheless they are scratched and for a brand new set they shouldnt be?

I dont understand why they are scratched though, does the cardboard packaging really scratch them? I think about 6 of my discs were loose when it arrived, but even the discs that were not loose also have minor scratches on them, I agree that a plastic page idea would be much better, like the ones used in the individual season sets, but with two discs per 'page'.

Since this set was announced I have fully understood the frustration of some fans not getting S4 on its own, although personally I have been excited about this item. Now I have it, I feel a little 'flat', like theres something missing, I think what I feel is missing is Fraggles? The cover of the set with the Fraggles is great and colorful, but except for the two small pictures on the back there are no Fraggles. What I would have loved to have seen is if each 'page' contained a different picture of the Fraggles, there are so many great pics, instead, each season uses 1 pic, Matt, Doozers, Jnr, Doc & Sprocket.

I also like the line drawing map design used on the disc folder, but would have loved to have seen this in its entirety, probably instead of the Map poster that was included which I already own in the original Music & Magic CD. http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Sketch-Fraggle.Rock.jpg

Alhough it hasnt really been marketed as a replica, the rock design on the cover of the file is taken from a rock design used on the cover of the HBO press pack ( http://www.muppetcentral.com/collectibles/fraggles/lobby.shtml ).

I love that I finally own all 96 episodes of Fraggle Rock, the bonus features of Sesaon 4 on this set are also really good, I loved the bit about the inkspots, ( I didnt even know what these were called) but its fun looking out for them when you watch the episodes.

Despite my minor gripes about this set, I still love it and it will be a treasured collectible of mine for many years, as will seasons 1-3 also, for the replicas and the great packaging.

4 out of 5.

I still want a stand alone season 4 set!

Chris

vaati64

Reaction score
I was finally advised to send in the scratched discs to their customer service department in Santa Monica, CA with a copy of my receipt, and I will have replacement discs mailed back to me. I sent the discs to them on Nov 7th with them arriving on Nov 10th (I did delivery confirmation). And now the waiting begins....

What is lionsgate's contact info? I think thats what I am going to do as well.

jadekitten

Reaction score
same, as my new replacement set arrived from dvdempire but the problem is still the same

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it that they use a different placement method of inserting the DVDs in the cardboard sleeves? I don't see why cardboard should scratch, but I have noticed some on mine.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Is it that they use a different placement method of inserting the DVDs in the cardboard sleeves? I don't see why cardboard should scratch, but I have noticed some on mine.
Maybe they are cheap DVDs? Not what is on them, but the discs themselves?:sympathy:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Cardboard is a very rough material, and data discs of ANY kind (CD, DVD, or otherwise) are REALLY sensitive to rough surfaces.
Heck, they're even sensitive to SMOOTH surfaces if you leave them lying on them long enough. =/
Discs are really picky critters. They're REALLY partcular as to what they'll sit in without being scratched.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Cardboard is a very rough material, and data discs of ANY kind (CD, DVD, or otherwise) are REALLY sensitive to rough surfaces.
Heck, they're even sensitive to SMOOTH surfaces if you leave them lying on them long enough. =/
Discs are really picky critters. They're REALLY partcular as to what they'll sit in without being scratched.
Even other discs, which you would think they would like :stick_out_tongue:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I was told that Lionsgate designed the packaging for the set.

I've also posted my review of the set at TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/sitereviews.cfm?ReleaseID=8177). Please keep in mind this is nowhere near as exhaustive as Phillips excellent review; it was meant to compare the season sets and complete series, and allow people to decide whether they should "upgrade" to the complete series. I also have a photo of one of my scratched discs - I had 10 that were horribly scratched, and I've let Lionsgate know that I'm not impressed with their shoddy packaging.

Gord Lacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com
Hi Gord, it's nice to see you've made your way over here...

Thanks for clearing up who's responsible for this terrible packaging situation. Do you have Lionsgate's customer service contact info for those who want to exchange damaged goods?