Your Thoughts: Muppets Letters to Santa

What did you think of the "Letters to Santa" special?

• I loved "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 74 40.0%
  • "Letters to Santa" was good.

Votes: 71 38.4%
  • "Letters to Santa" was just so-so.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I disliked "Letters to Santa".

Votes: 13 7.0%

• Total voters

AAO

Reaction score
Also when Pepe said, "Oh rapture" and fainted.. HAHAHA!

And when Swedish Chef kept hugging the turkey because of the turkey on the plate and then Swedish Cheft murmmers: "Tofo turkey!" That was good...haha.

It made me think of Muppet Family Christmas with Big Bird and Chef

Erine81981

Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. Loved everything here. All the songs were awsome and i don't think there was anything that made me dislike it. Glad to see pretty much all the characters even Crazy Harry, Sweetums, Dr. Teeth, Janice, Flyod, Zoot and Scooter too. Thanks Disney and all three of the write dudes. *jumps for joy*

JJandJanice

Reaction score
:boo: Bad Gonzo shouldn't be the leader of a Muppet special. Muppet anything really. I thought people had learned that from MFS. He's fourth in line. It should have been Kermit's story. Also, I thought these three guys were supposed to have done a really good job at this. Aside from Bill Baretta's characters, where were the jokes? You can really tell this was just written together in such a hurried fashion; there's nothing here besides what the story absolutely needed. Robin sounded like he's in the worst stage of puberty ever, Rowlf and Sweetums sound identical, Piggy has become one-dimensional with no personality whatsoever, and I thought Scooter was just awful; they should have let Brian stick with him instead. Uma Thurman's acting was laid on very thick. You can't make a convincing Muppet flick if an actor or actress treats their costars (even though they're Muppets) like puppets. You have to make it seem real or else people will know you're not good with them. Also, this special should have been 2 hours long. There's not enough time for story development or character development.

:scary: Ugly Piggy's singing. She shouldn't be allowed to sing anymore.

Say what you guys want, but save for a few moments, I think all of you know this was crap in a sock. This could have been done by the characters from Sesame Street and no one would have noticed the quality.
I honsetly disagree with you said about Gonzo, I think it's great to make him the certain. He's one of the most popular and well know Muppets and has a ton of heart, in some ways I think many people are able to relate to him because of that.

Muppets from Space wasn't bad because (though I didn't think it was bad at all), it just didn't really have that "Muppet feel" and probably could be been a bit better written

AAO

Reaction score
Whoopi's cameo was short and sweet... But put in a weird place I thought.

And it seemed like the writers ran out of time at the end because Pepe was the one to write the other letter and wanted to sing Opera..."Wish granted!" - Santa... what? :frown: oh well...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Also when Pepe said, "Oh rapture" and fainted.. HAHAHA!

And when Swedish Chef kept hugging the turkey because of the turkey on the plate and then Swedish Cheft murmmers: "Tofo turkey!" That was good...haha.

It made me think of Muppet Family Christmas with Big Bird and Chef
Speaking of that, did you notice that was the same turkey in Muppet Family Christmas, too bad Steve didn't reprise his voice

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Wow. It's like a cross between Family Christmas and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas.

The plot sounded a lot more childish than it ended up being. To me, Gonzo's song at the North Pole fixed any problems I had. Maybe it was just me, but the song in the apartment, when Gonzo is trying to get Kermit and Fozzie to go with him to the North Pole, sounded like the melody of a song in Christmas Carol. Statler and Waldorf, poor souls, didn't have a lot of material to work with. I hate it when that happens. :smile:

Kermit: He lives in a different apartment from Piggy. Is it just me, or does their apartment complex look like it belongs on SS? It would be really cool if ALL the Muppets lived in that neighborhood. Back to the point, Kermit willingly assumed that he would rub suntan lotion on Piggy. This is the kind of vague stuff I actually like, not that "Piggy says yes and Kermit says no" stuff.

Fozzie: I think he sees a side of Gonzo he recognizes in himself. I never saw Muppets from Space, so I don't know what happened there. However, given what Fozzie did in the last Xmas special, it seems he and Gonzo might be becoming better friends.

Gonzo: I agree with a previous poster that this whole special seemed like Gonzo & co. Still, that's cool. The pig and frog shouldn't have to headline everything. WHY CAN'T I BE CLAIRE? The idea that I could not only live near but be really tight with Gonzo is driving me INSANE.

Pepe and Rizzo: The mob thing was funny. I don't see the point of griping about "accents" when Pepe and Rizzo are the same exact joke. I liked seeing Pepe melt at Uma. He got over Rachel quick. :big_grin:

Bunsen: Thought so.

Beaker: Yay for his wish! (when I first saw pics, I thought it was a translator) Beaker needs a life outside Muppet Labs.

Scooter: I've heard more accurate, but I can deal with it.

Rowlf and Floyd: So accurate it was SCARY. Rowlf sounds even better here than on youtube. And he still gets his out of tune piano :big_grin:

Robin: Have to watch again. I don't really need an accurate impression. The frog shouldn't have to sound five forever. This isn't SS. I can't believe he hasn't gone postal, what with everyone treating him like a child for decades. If Kermit can go from a child to an adult, why can't Robin? Does he have some sort of SS-like maturation disorder?

The plane thing even went so far as to throw them off (sorta). Good GMC homages just make me squeal.

But the thing that drives me absolutely batty ...

is of course ...

THAT I DON'T LIVE IN THAT DARN APARTMENT! WHY DON'T I LIVE IN THAT APARTMENT! I COULD DIE HAPPY IF I LIVED IN THAT APARTMENT!

(inhales)

Better now...

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Was it my imagination, or did Santa call Gonzo dear? (I'm pretty sure he had been replying to Gonzo)

Gonzo shouldn't be the leader of a Muppet special. Muppet anything really. I thought people had learned that from MFS. He's fourth in line. It should have been Kermit's story.
I really disagree with you here. Gonzo (as he did in MFS and his role in MCC) was always great to see in the spotlight, and I personally love it when he is. As much as I love Kermit too, it is refreshing to see a movie/special focus on someone else besides him.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Pepe and Rizzo: The mob thing was funny. I don't see the point of griping about "accents" when Pepe and Rizzo are the same exact joke.
Well I have to grip about the mob stuff, I'm just sick of seeing it on Television, period. It doesn't feel like all in good fun anymore in general.

doctort13

Reaction score
Overall, not bad. I agree that having Paul Williams music really made this feel like a classic Muppets film. The story was a bit thin, but then they had to squeeze it in a 45 minute block of airtime.
I would like to see more from this trio of writers. Keep the felt ball rolling guys! :smile:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I had SUCH a good time watching this. I've been really run-down, overworked, exhausted, etc. with teaching, and this was just what I needed. All my friends were there, they all felt true to their personalities, there were plenty of laugh-out-loud moments, a good dose of heart, a little bit of chaos. Everything I would want in a Muppets Christmas special.

For me, nothing will ever top Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Muppet Family Christmas, or Emmet Otter, but this was just a good fun hour to spend with old friends. What more could I ask for?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
:smile: