What would you like to see in the movie?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Doc was able to see Gobo because it was finally right for him to. Gobo was first touched by Doc, so it was then Gobo’s turn to reciprocate. As for Matt being visible in Outer Space, it was always right for Silly Creatures to see him!

Nearly the entire final season is a wrap-up for the series, from Matt’s permanent return to the Rock, to Boober’s learning to accept Sidebottom and vice-versa, to the maturity of Wembley and Junior, to the Fraggles’ understanding and acceptance of both the Doozers and the Gorgs. Truly the best ending to anything Henson has ever done.

My hope is the movie will do the franchise justice, and I think Cory Edwards is wise to leave the original storyline alone.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Well, it was just the whole "Why everybody else and not Doc?" thing that confused me. I meant it in the sense that even when Gobo was right up in his face, looking at him and taunting him, he didn't see him, not when the right time was for him to finally see him (which makes perfect sense to have happen around the end). Though I do get that he had to somehow connect with the "silly creatures" by the end.

I'll move on ;p

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The characters and themes progressed nicely through all 4 seasons and in that fourth season, everything is in it's prime and perfectly in it's element. Everything is shining and magical.... even the lighting is better and colors are everywhere. So much was accomplished in those 96 episodes without smearing it in the viewers face like many TV shows tend to do these days. The show treated the viewer with respect by not dumbing anything down.

I completely agree. Honestly, I feel that the series should be left alone. It's like trying to top perfection. Well, I suppose nothing is perfect but I do feel as though Fraggle Rock shouldn't be touched. This, of course, is personal opinion, but I feel strongly about it.

Foodie

Reaction score
Well, it was just the whole "Why everybody else and not Doc?" thing that confused me. I meant it in the sense that even when Gobo was right up in his face, looking at him and taunting him, he didn't see him, not when the right time was for him to finally see him (which makes perfect sense to have happen around the end). Though I do get that he had to somehow connect with the "silly creatures" by the end.

I'll move on ;p
My guess is that the silly creatures who saw Matt only saw him as another silly creature. They probably just thought he was strange but human. :smirk:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'd like to see/hear things from the origional show. Like Gobo huming a few bars of Follow Me for instance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to see/hear things from the origional show. Like Gobo huming a few bars of Follow Me for instance.
I wanna see nods to the show that aren't fanservicy like what you're talking about. I've seen stuff like the Recess movie, the Doug movie, The Simpsons Movie and the Hey Arnold movie... and from time to time I either see the characters from the show being in the background tastefully (Recess) or somewhat of a "Hey! Look! Fan favorite character on the big screen waving his arms" (something Arnold and The Simpsons are guilty of). If we're gonna see characters like Large Marvin and Feenie, I want them to be doing something interesting.

I wanna see some asides to previous episodes myself... but nothing that turns into a Where's Waldo (Wally) Scavenger hunt for episode references. Another thing you see too often in these sort of things.

Nearly the entire final season is a wrap-up for the series, from Matt’s permanent return to the Rock, to Boober’s learning to accept Sidebottom and vice-versa, to the maturity of Wembley and Junior, to the Fraggles’ understanding and acceptance of both the Doozers and the Gorgs. Truly the best ending to anything Henson has ever done.

My hope is the movie will do the franchise justice, and I think Cory Edwards is wise to leave the original storyline alone.
That sums up how I feel. I mean, again... Muppet movies have changes to the original subject matter that make it work better on screen. The Muppet films were able to work in the celebrity guest stars without having them come up and do musical numbers or lengthy comedy routines (and they weren't mentioned by name, either) like in the TV show... nor were the films a series of sketches. Follow that Bird and even Elmo in Grouchland dumped the letter and numbers and other insert sections to focus on a more character development/exploration favored storyline. Like you're almost watching the show uninterrupted for purely entertainment purposes. And it made those films work in a way the shows never did.

The best part about Fraggle Rock is that there's hardly that much to rework into a film story format. Every episode is about characters learning about their own society and exploring their characters.

And even if the movie follows some sort of new continuity (I don't know if they plan to make it take place during the show, after the show, or whatever), I think they can still do justice to the film. I really believe that Edwards wants to make an actual Fraggle Rock film that we'll all enjoy and not some standard, "LOOK! Nostalgia! Go out and buy T-shirts and bobbleheads and kids meal premiums before we shove the property into mothballs" stuff that everything else seems to fit into (something the critics clearly thought of TMNT, while TMNT was doing great for itself otherwise at the time). Look at how many nostalgic 80's based movies we're getting bogged down with. Nice to know this one has a heart.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Look at how many nostalgic 80's based movies we're getting bogged down with. Nice to know this one has a heart.
I just don't think those movies have been bad because they're nostalgic. Just because they weren't well written. I feel ultimately that's why a great deal of movies don't do well. Even overblown annoying action flicks had well structured stories. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I do think more can be added without ruining anything, and there is plenty in the series canon you could use to tell these stories and keep everyone in character. The only trouble is when those ideas are written in something like my fanfics the only movie that could ever be made of them would most likely only be enjoyed by other diehard fans. It's not a matter of something being too nostalgic, it's a matter of the first series being mostly forgotten if you don't know enough to remember the fraggles and that they are out on DVD now :frown:. Nostalgia is only that if it is just a memory in the past, if it is re-shown to gather more old and new fans it becomes a fandom of the here and now no matter if it was made in the 80's or 70's :3

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
For me, Fraggle Rock didn't end. It tied up some loose ends, but it is also a beginning. "End, begin ..."

Junior threw away his destiny. Great. Now what? He tends to gardening all day? He did that already!

Doc learned about Fraggles. Great. Now what? How does he integrate that knowledge into his life? Does he stay friends? Does he say, "Well, gee ... that was something. *pause* I think I'll go grab a burger."?
I kinda pictured Gobo visiting Doc once or twice a week, and Doc would happily explain and show to him various things from "silly creature" culture (like he'd sometimes do with Sprocket. For example, the Christmas episode). Maybe even take him to a few nearby places to have fun and learn, like Gobo is a little kid seeing the world for the first time. If the show's ending is any indication, a few of the other "Fraggle 5" might come along.

Yeah, Junior threw away his legacy so he's not much more than a radish gardner. There wouldn't be much to do with the Gorgs unless the movie took place "during" the series.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, Junior threw away his legacy so he's not much more than a radish gardner. There wouldn't be much to do with the Gorgs unless the movie took place "during" the series.
Well the thing is that's what he loved doing. And that's part of what made the world of all the creatures work. The monarchy and the idea of power and superiority was getting in the way of all of that.

If they did continue with that storyline, it would probably focus more on his interactions with the Fraggles. I mean he was taught his whole life to hate them and now things are completely different.