Muppet Peter Pan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
www.comicbookresources.com now has a preview for the first issue of Muppet Peter Pan, and I must say, I like what I've seen so far in this issue.
I do too! The artwork is beautiful.

Sam's eyebrow looks much better here too. (It was a little thick and almost in kind of a "furry" style on Amy's first Robin Hood cover.) That was the only thing keeping that character design from being an absolute masterpiece IMHO. :attitude:

I can't wait to see the rest of it. So far it's at a 100% for me. :super: Her Miss Piggy-tink is so refreshing after years of other artists' poor characterization. Sure, the pig is chubby, but (other than season one) she's also pretty.

Amy

Reaction score
I do too! The artwork is beautiful.
(It was a little thick and almost in kind of a "furry" style on Amy's first Robin Hood cover.) That was the only thing keeping that character design from being an absolute masterpiece IMHO. :attitude:
Yeah, the Robin Hood cover was the first time I drew Sam, so he looks a little off now compared to how he looks in Pan. I'm more solid with him now :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Robin Hood cover was the first time I drew Sam, so he looks a little off now compared to how he looks in Pan. I'm more solid with him now :wink:
I was most worried about Sam, but he and all of it turned out so gorgeous. Your drawings in Pan remind me of the illustrated Muppet books I grew up with. Fans have a lot to look forward to. :smile:

I need to add that I hope Boom! overworks you on Muppet comics. :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Peter Pan is so stunningly beautiful. I absolutely adore it! Sam is PERFECT! I love his mouth expressions! Amazing. I love, love, love it! I cannot WAIT to get my copy!

The writing is also BRILLIANT! Of COURSE Sam wouldn't stand for a British story--HA! Perfect. I loved the DVD commentary line. This is such a refreshing change of pace from Robin Hood. :big_grin:

Amy

Reaction score
I need to add that I hope Boom! overworks you on Muppet comics. :wink:
Yeah, sleep and social life, who needs it? ;p
Besides, drawing every single Muppet comic would be greedy!
But I definitely WILL be drawing other Muppet stuff next year.

Sam is fun to draw because he's so deadpan. Not to mention, Grace has nailed his attitude perfectly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was most worried about Sam, but he and all of it turned out so gorgeous. Your drawings in Pan remind me of the illustrated Muppet books I grew up with. Fans have a lot to look forward to. :smile:
Oh yeah.. I've been thinking that for a while... those grand old Muppet books like "Case of the Missing Mother" and "Muppet Manners (Or the Night Gonzo Threw a Party)" I almost wish they'd make more just like that and hire Amy to draw them. Those would be amazing... but the comics are even cooler than that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki claims that Sam the Eagle will play Mr. Darling. Does anybody know what this source was? The review only mentions that Sam takes over as the narrarator, it would make more sense for Gonzo to play Mr. Darling since most versions of Peter Pan have the father and Captain Hook played by the same person, and Camilla plays Nana (is Nana the mother or the dog?). I don't expect Grace or Amy to confirm this until a few days.