eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
It's mildly comforting to hear Fozzie hasn't been completely dismissed, and very disturbing to hear that he's so far off as to be considered on life support. You'll probably have my support with Miss Piggy. But for anything else, you'll need to offer Fozzie.
That I can agree with.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Really? Palisades' tux Fozzie didn't come out right, but series two's was very good and made as # 38 on Toy Fare's list of top 100 toys of the decade and I agree. It wasn't perfect but it was quite good. :embarrassed:

I do hope they make a poser of him. I'm a bit saddened by that too.
Yeah, it's probably the closest, but it's still pretty off in my opinion. The eye/nose/mouth positioning were a bit off and that threw the whole look for me - it was a very good representation of the illustrated Fozzie, not such a great copy of the puppet.

unclematt

Reaction score
My personal ordered wish list:
(Not to be confused with the actual real list)
1 Scooter
2 Fozzie
3 Piggy
4 Pepe
5 Teeth
6 Rowlf
7 Janice
8 Zoot
9 Sam
10 Robin
11 Floyd
12/13 Bunsen/Beaker
14/15 Statler/Waldorf

That's my list. I'd dig an Uncle Deadly, but if Scooter isn't likely then Deadly will never happen.
I am going to create a list based off of your list.

1. Fozzie
2. Piggy
3. Rizzo
4. Beeker
5. Bunsen
6. Scooter
7. Rowlf
8. Sam
9. Robin
10. Pepe
11. Zoot
12. Janice
13. Floyd
14. Teeth
15/16. Statler and Waldorf

Luke

Reaction score
Although none of this is carved in stone yet, the first one is supposed to be Rizzo. The prototype is being built right now. The plan is to do Reporter, or Great Muppet Caper Kermit second. Then Piggy POSSIBLY third.

Like I said, none of this is definite beyond Rizzo actually being built.

:stick_out_tongue:
Yeah i think people are jumping the gun a bit. Great news about the line being taken over by eFX (as many people had guessed and new) and good luck to them but they will have exactly the same problems as Master Replicas - it will be whatever marketing and promotion they do that may help them continue on - its crucial to attract new collectors. I think starting with a small one like Rizzo is a great idea, and i support doing another Kermit varient because new collectors will need him.

I think doing Piggy is going to be line suicide. She is fairly popular as a collectable to women - but they are usually doll collectors like the ones being advertised on the forum, or clothes or accessories. I doubt many people besides a few hardcore fans here will buy into a $500+ lifesize plush pig! They wouldn't buy into a $10 action figure even!

I would hope they'll get Fozzie out before her or Pepe. Everyone has been waiting for him, we've seen how great he can be. He would also be great following a Reporter Kermit so people have the pair!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Well, this is great news! I am pleased they are making Pepe and Rizzo, as most have said I would prefer Fozzie before the pig but I will buy whatever gets made. I still think that Scooter needs to be made! Now who is hoping we get something b4 the end of the yr!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm not too sure why there has to be instant negativity from some forum members. I, for one, am excited that the replica range will be started up again and look forward to seeing what eFX has to offer. The news has seriously made my year!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Too much negativety, and the usual boring old arguement about Miss Piggy's collectibility, if you dont like her, dont buy her, but let the people who do like her enjoy this news, I for one cant wait to have a life size Piggy in my home.

Just a thought, does any one in the UK know if efx has a UK distributor or if any UK online stores sell there stuff?

Chris

muppetguy

Reaction score
I am totally excited, words are hard to explain the feelings I'm having. I can NOT wait for Piggy, or Pepe and I would buy another kermit if he came out. I am not such a huge fan of rizzo, but will be purchasing him the first day he is out. I can NOT wait to see some ophoto samples as the rumor has it during San diego comic con! :shifty::mad::rolleyes:

thank you eFX for continuing such an important line of pop culture.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Agree with you completely Chris. Also, I'll let you know if I find a UK supplier!

I'm not a big Pepe fan but I have to admit he would be a nice poser to own. I think Rizzo will be good but he isn't all that expressive and I'm wondering how much posability he will have. I hope he comes with his personalized jacket!