eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

rexcrk

Reaction score
I hope Rizzo is made first, prefereably in his modern "Muppets From Space" outfit!

I don't know if I'll buy Piggy or not, she's not one of my favorites >_>

Luke

Reaction score
It isn't just about that, it's about the whole negative vibe that always surrounds these kind of situations. eFX has only just announced the news they will be continuing the line and already people are ready to jump in and say they won't be successful.
I don't think theres a general negative vibe, but obviously people know what happened with Master Replicas so are wary. I try for a balance between realist and fan myself. I think marketed right, with the right balance between accuracy and price point these could be hugely successful.

I do think the line-up would be way better subsituting Fozzie for Piggy though. They would be the two higher price ones and Fozzie is the one people have been buillding up for, just look at the poll.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I do think the line-up would be way better subsituting Fozzie for Piggy though. They would be the two higher price ones and Fozzie is the one people have been buillding up for, just look at the poll.
I agree completely but maybe, with the problems that have already been faced with Fozzie, they have better ideas for the pig. I am still curious to see how the Fozzie prototypes from China look. How bad could they be? :embarrassed:

Barbarella

Reaction score
I am excited about Miss Piggy! If I can afford it, I am sure as heck going to buy it! My ultimate dream though would be Janice. But I think Piggy would be awesome- as long as she is the later Muppet Show Version, and not the early version, or the Muppets take manhattan version- or any later one. I'm sure I'd still want her, but I love "classic" Piggy. And Pepe! Love him!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I am excited about Miss Piggy! If I can afford it, I am sure as heck going to buy it! My ultimate dream though would be Janice. But I think Piggy would be awesome- as long as she is the later Muppet Show Version, and not the early version, or the Muppets take manhattan version- or any later one. I'm sure I'd still want her, but I love "classic" Piggy. And Pepe! Love him!
That's partly my point about Piggy. Some fans consider the TMTM or later being the "classic" Piggy where I think she was best during season three of TMS.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
There is no real reason they shouldn't but let's not forget that Piggy has had many changes and face-lifts over the years so not everybody will be 100% pleased with the final result, however she looks.
Hey as long as she does not have brown hair then Ill be happy.
I would like her to look a bit like the Piggy pictured above the guide tab, what do u think

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Hey as long as she does not have brown hair then Ill be happy.
I would like her to look a bit like the Piggy pictured above the guide tab, what do u think
That wouldn't be a bad look but I remember her best with longer, almost mousey coloured hair. There is a great photo in one of the annuals where she is wearing her signature purple dress and gloves.

Luke

Reaction score
That's partly my point about Piggy. Some fans consider the TMTM or later being the "classic" Piggy where I think she was best during season three of TMS.
Thats partly the problem with her like you say, one person likes one version, one person likes another version. And then you get the "cool" collectors who don't have the same level of Piggy fan'ishness as we get here who just won't buy a girl/pig.

It may well have something to do with how hard it sounded like Fozzie was to make in China - though he is just a bear when it comes down to it. I would have thought the Pig and Pepe would be more complex.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Thats partly the problem with her like you say, one person likes one version, one person likes another version. And then you get the "cool" collectors who don't have the same level of Piggy fan'ishness as we get here who just won't buy a girl/pig.

It may well have something to do with how hard it sounded like Fozzie was to make in China - though he is just a bear when it comes down to it. I would have thought the Pig and Pepe would be more complex.
So maybe they EFX should pick a poser that has not changed much....SCOOTER.......sorry but I couldnt resist!LOL
I think the Muppet show annual made in 79 has a great Piggy on the front cover. The only Pig I am not liking is the current one.