Muppet Pook-a-Looz

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I hope they dont abandon the muppets either. I am so glad the muppets are making a come back. If the pook-a-looz muppets dont come out by Decemebr (vacation time), I am going to try to buy them in the Disney park. I will buy everything muppet :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Still no word...I sent a message to the Twitter page, but never heard anything back. I sure hope they didn't just abandon the Muppet ones; I was really looking forward to them!
Don't worry. Disney has taken quite a liking to the Muppet license. The question is if they'll do a series 2 with characters like Beaker, Janice and the Swedish Chef. Just off the top of my head, but that would be cool and totally sellable.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Somewhere on ToughPigs Joe or Ryan mentioned that the Muppet Pook-a-Looz are being held off to be released in conjunction with the new movie. That seems like a really long wait to me... but yes, they are still coming, just not for awhile apparently.

dmoss

Reaction score
Wowzers! That really is a while to wait. I kind of wish that instead of using a pre-existing medium like that (that was *this close* to being released anyway), they could come up with some brand new merchandising. I'm sure this doesn't mean that there won't be other stuff released as well, though.

I guess the plus side is that there's a good chance of there being a second wave of them (or just more in a single wave) as Miss Piggy wasn't among those who had pictures released for having a pre-existing design. Maybe we could even be looking at Pepe, Rowlf, Rizzo, Scooter...cool! I'm happy again! :smile:

Who would you guys like to see, by the way?

dmoss

Reaction score
Somebody has a Kermit Pook-a-Looz for sale on eBay! I don't know how they actually got their hands on one, but it's going for $18.95 with $4.90 in shipping...thought you guys would like to know! :smile:

I can't get the link pasted correctly, but just search "Muppet Pook-a-Looz" and you'll be there!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Here is the item number, 260582640586

I had no idea these things were so big, 12" high, for some reason I thought they were mini plush, approx 4-5" high. I really like the designs for these, one of the first Muppet products released by Disney in a long time that I actually like?

Anyone know if Disney UK are gonna sell these?

Chris

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somewhere on ToughPigs Joe or Ryan mentioned that the Muppet Pook-a-Looz are being held off to be released in conjunction with the new movie. That seems like a really long wait to me... but yes, they are still coming, just not for awhile apparently.
I wonder if he was talking about the other set of Muppet plush. That was mentioned on the Toy Fair article.

Anyway, I see the business logic behind waiting until the movie goes further, and I don't doubt there's some progress with it... but if Fraggle Rock is any indication, I REALLY hope they just get the merchandise out there to help promote and prehype the movie up. I can stand waiting for toys or other small merchandise, but I DON'T wanna wait a year for Season 4.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Guess what everyone...I have some exciting news....I convinced my husband to bring me to the local Disney Store yesterday after work and my local store IS SELLING THE MUPPET POOK-A-LOOZ....I was so excited...I bought a kermit, gonzo, fozzie, and animal...they are so cute!

dmoss

Reaction score
Oh, I'm so jealous! Are they good quality; good size? You lucky duck! :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm loving the looks of these. I'll probably add some to my collection. I just at Toys "R" Us the other day too, looks like I'll have to check back again for some of these. We don't have a Disney Store either, :sympathy:. I love that Oogie Boogie one, the Muppets one (of course, :wink:) and won't mind getting that Alice one too.

I'm always happy whenever the Muppets are included in some "all Disney Characters" lincense. Man I would be happy if that made a Rowlf the Dog one and a Janice one, :flirt:. I might even be willing to camp out by my local Toys "R" Us for those babies.