Your Muppet mistakes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that TR Rooster was a female and Gladys the Cow was a male (at the time unaware that roosters can't be female and cows can't be male).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think Oscar's trash can had no bottom (or had a hole in the bottom) and that Caroll Spinney performed Oscar from underneath the trash can. I was surprised when I saw the A&E special and saw that the hole is actually in the back of the trash can (I figured that was how it's done when Bruno carries the can, but not for the regular trash can set-up).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that George the Janitor was originated by either Jim Henson or Richard Hunt, due to him sounding different in The Muppet Christmas Carol and me knowing that Henson and Hunt were gone by then. And I was confused, because I figured Jim Henson performed Wally, and the Muppet Hits album listed Mildred as a Richard Hunt character (why wasn't George listed in the albums performers listing???), and I knew George was associated with both characters. Of course I didn't realise how it was done in At the Dance.

It is ironic because Frank oz still performed him (or at least the voice), despite using a different voice. I get the feeling that the script didn't specify who would say the line and Frank Oz recorded the line not knowing one of his former characters would be used. Heck, years later I incorrectly thought it was David Rudman doing the voice.

In A Muppet Family Christmas I thought that Richard Hunt was the photographer who took Miss Piggy's pictures. It sounded so much like Scooter. But Muppet Wiki says it was David Rudman (showing what a good choice he is for Scooter, though I feel the photographer sounded more like Scooter than Scooter has since Rudman took over).

Skekayuk

Reaction score
When you first started out as a Muppet fan, what mistakes did you make, if any? Ever mispronounced a character's name or go around telling other Muppet fans what a great job Dave Goelz did on Marjory the Trash Heap's voice?
I was compiling an article for a friend's theatre fanzine, and listede the TV special of 'John Denver and The Muppets A Christmas Together' as being one that Louise Gold had puppeteered on.
I later discovered this is not so, because that special was filmed in America (and apart from Sesame Street she didn't puppeteer on any of their non-European fiomed stuff). The confusion arises because the album of the same title was recorded in Britain and she did sing on that.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I made the mistake of being genuinely enthusiastic about the frog/pig relationship on ANOTHER muppet website (which I will not name). I didn't understand at that time that you were only supposed to be snotty, sarcastic and rude about it over there....

I LOVE the diversity of opinion HERE. Whether we agree or disagree, we are never boring....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I made the mistake of being genuinely enthusiastic about the frog/pig relationship on ANOTHER muppet website (which I will not name). I didn't understand at that time that you were only supposed to be snotty, sarcastic and rude about it over there....
LOL. I hear you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that a number of things were "too long". I guess that might not be too much of a mistake (as anybody can determine if the length of something is "too long").

But the first time I saw The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, I thought that was a bit too long. Or maybe I just thought the time between Kermit's interaction with Leroy and Kermit's scene at the end were too long (at the time Kermit was the only character in that special I knew). But then I rented it again a few years later, aware of it being "long"... And this time it seemed shorter to me. Maybe my attention span got longer by then.

And I thought the end credits to The Muppets Take Manhattan were too long the first few times I saw it. I guess this was a ridiculous thought, since there's nothing visually special after or during the credits, I didn't read credits at the time, and of course I didn't have to sit through the credits, but pretty much everytime I watch the movie I watch the entire end credits regardless.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I remembered a mistake I had forgotten about. But I used to think Camilla made a cameo in the movie Hot Shots Part Deux. I saw a commercial for it which included the scene where the main character used a chicken as an arrow, which to me looked like a Muppet chicken (I watched the clip today and realised that it doesn't look as muppety as I remembered). The movie poster/video cover represented this scene, in fact. And I had a friend who also thought it was a Muppet chicken.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I used to think Oscar's trash can had no bottom (or had a hole in the bottom) and that Caroll Spinney performed Oscar from underneath the trash can. I was surprised when I saw the A&E special and saw that the hole is actually in the back of the trash can (I figured that was how it's done when Bruno carries the can, but not for the regular trash can set-up).
It's not?! Well, color me embarrassed!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
this was when i was really little i saw a pic of Jim performing kermit and a lady with piggy so i used to think she was the puppeteer...then i was proven wrong a little while lady