The Muppets Movie Reviews

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I thought I saw an interview which said it was only 50 Muppets in the finale. I hope that was wrong.
Some sources, such as this June 2011 article from ComingSoon.net (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78752), mentioned that there's 150 Muppets altogether in the finale of the new movie. To quote a paragraph from that article:

Two days after our visit, the crew relocated to Hollywood Blvd. to shoot the big finale - an all-singing, all-dancing number, which if you're a YouTube enthusiast you may have seen bits and pieces of by now. The finale involved around 150 individual Muppets in a single scene.
Maybe Segel meant that there were only 50 of the Muppets directly in front of him at a particular moment.

I also seem to recall hearing another interview somewhere with Kermit, where he said that there were hundreds of Muppets present.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From the video and images we've seen of the group in that finale, it is definitely not 150 characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In that case, I wonder if Kevin Clash can somehow reveal to us what Clifford's cut scene was to have been like, since Kevin did say that Clifford would appear in the new movie.
Or someone could ask him what he knew about the Clifford appearance. He might have just been told about Clifford being there. But somehow I think it might be best to wait until after the movie's official release to ask him. I wonder what the terms are regarding performers and professionals discussing "spoilers" or other things they aren't allowed to discuss until movie releases.

Part of me wonders if maybe Clifford had a scene, with someone else performing and Clash being planned to dub the voice later, and then them being unable to work his schedule and cutting the scene as a result. I hope we can learn the deal soon enough.

Here's hoping the DVD release has a satisfying amount of bonus features, revealing everything we want to know.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Here's hoping the DVD release has a satisfying amount of bonus features, revealing everything we want to know.
I feel the same way. With this new movie being the great Muppet comeback that it is, it would only be right to put substantial amounts of extras on the DVD. One feature I'd like to see is the tape that Jason Segel and Kermit put together to ask Amy Adams to come be in the movie.

On a sidenote, another thing I look forward to doing on the DVD is being able to pause certain scenes, zoom in and seek out any obscure characters that we might not be able to catch when seeing it in the theaters. :big_grin:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
From the video and images we've seen of the group in that finale, it is definitely not 150 characters.
True, but that's only what we've seen so far.

It's likely that there will be additional scenes in the finale that either weren't filmed directly in front of everyone or shot at seperate times and different spots to be editied together later on, if that makes sense.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think there were a lot of Muppets created just for the halibut and for backaround use to look like there's a lot more Muppets

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think there were a lot of Muppets created just for the halibut and for backaround use to look like there's a lot more Muppets
I doubt that, since the movie, made by huge fans, is about reviving old characters, not introducing new ones (the only truly new characters in the new film are Walter, '80's Robot and The Moopets).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I doubt that, since the movie, made by huge fans, is about reviving old characters, not introducing new ones (the only truly new characters in the new film are Walter, '80's Robot and The Moopets).
But I've seen some really random Muppets in the backarounds that I haven't seen anywhere else. In that last scene there is defiantley a lot of new characters

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think the 150 Muppets finale may be referring to the Rainbow Connection number anyway, not the reprise...but we'll see I guess?