Songs You Can't Stand

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
As far as Christmas songs go, I'm not particularly fond of "SIM-PLY HA-VING A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME!" either... I feel like a villain suddenly singling out songs that involve any of the Beatles, because I do love the Beatles as much as anyone, but those two songs in particular I just don't care for.
Totally agree. I love Paul McCartney, but that song is ungodly annoying. Same for "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree." I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoy "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and "War is Over."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Totally agree. I love Paul McCartney, but that song is ungodly annoying.
LOL, I laughed out loud when I read that, because, yeah, it's true, lol.

Same for "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree."
I like this one only because I remember the scene in Home Alone when Kevin is working the mannequins, lol.

I may be in the minority, but I actually enjoy "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and "War is Over."
Oh yeah I like them both. They're just overplayed on the radio during Christmas time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Same for "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree."
Have you heard the original version that was written for Brenda Lee? That one is good, but most other covers are pretty bad.

Speaking of which, Madonna's cover of "Santa Baby" annoys me... I mean, why does she suddenly do a horribly fake New York Jew accent for that one song of hers? But then again, I'm not much of a Madonna shipper in general... the only song of hers I can tolerate is "Borderline" for some reason, maybe it's the melody or something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Speaking of which, Madonna's cover of "Santa Baby" annoys me... I mean, why does she suddenly do a horribly fake New York Jew accent for that one song of hers?
Um, it's a New York accent, what's wrong with that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The way she fakes it and makes it sounds like she sings it through her nose is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
You don't have to like but you might want to rephrase the way you put it before.

dwmckim

Reaction score
There are Madonna songs i like, some i love and some i could take or leave but when it comes to Madonna songs i can't stand, Cherish comes to mind.