Dealing with depression and anxiety

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sometimes when I try to be logical about it it just makes things worse.
I know with OCD saying "it's not real" is often the worst thing you can do. Because the more you say "it's not real" the more the OCD will come back with "yes it is," driving you even more crazy. It's weird but they actually recommend telling yourself "ok yes it is real." It doesn't mean you really belief that, but you're just preventing the OCD from answering you back.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, it's like saying "it's all in your head". It's meant to be an insult, that it's imaginary, but the ironic thing is, it IS "all in your head" ... where the brain is. It's glitching, hence the problems.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, it's like saying "it's all in your head". It's meant to be an insult, that it's imaginary, but the ironic thing is, it IS "all in your head" ... where the brain is. It's glitching, hence the problems.
Thing is, the more you tell yourself "it's a glitch," the more your OCD will say back "no it's not." I have actually found it somewhat more helpful to tell myself "OK it is real. So what?" Thus taking away the power from the OCD to answer you back.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm kind of feeling a bit of anxiety myself right now. I'm getting major spinal fusion surgery next Thursday and I'm really worried. I'm sure it'll go fine but I really just need some prayers right now before the operation.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm kind of feeling a bit of anxiety myself right now. I'm getting major spinal fusion surgery next Thursday and I'm really worried. I'm sure it'll go fine but I really just need some prayers right now before the operation.
Aw that's rough, well my prayers are definitely with you and I'm sure it will be fine.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'll be praying for your too Bannanasketch. I had a friend who had the same kind of surgery a few months ago. I hope yours turns out okay.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
You'll certainly be in my thoughts. I hope everything goes well.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh my goodness man...wow. That sounds heavy duty! Well I know anyone who sees this or knows about it will have you in our thoughts/prayers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, like I said before... nothing's turning out right for me, and things just keep getting too real for my tastes.

There aren't any ways to combat the depression that I know of, because it forces me to have to deal with situations that refuse to be dealt with.