Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yep. Again, can someone explain how it would cost Disney extra money to have put all the blu ray features on the dvd?
It does feel like a form of Planned Obsolescence: "A business strategy in which the obsolescence (the process of becoming obsolete—that is, unfashionable or no longer usable) of a product is planned and built into it from its conception. This is done so that in future the consumer feels a need to purchase new products and services that the manufacturer brings out as replacements for the old ones."

http://www.economist.com/node/13354332

beaker

Reaction score
It does feel like a form of Planned Obsolescence: "A business strategy in which the obsolescence (the process of becoming obsolete—that is, unfashionable or no longer usable) of a product is planned and built into it from its conception. This is done so that in future the consumer feels a need to purchase new products and services that the manufacturer brings out as replacements for the old ones."

Yep. Hence why these companies will never get my money for the foreseeable future.

Physical media is dying and wont be worth anything, and definitely not the 30 bucks they charge.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Exactly what I was saying. It's not like it's delaying digital media. If it was, at least I'd give it Blu the time of day. Sony's clearly double dealing with these companies to put the special features on that slightly higher quality same technology format to sell big expensive soon to be door stops. We're going to have to wind up buying everything back up again (unless someone has the technology to rip DVD's)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
when is muppet movie and muppet caper gonna come out on blu?
There has been a rumor of a big Muppet blu-ray box set featuring those movies plus The Muppets, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, and Letters to Santa, but as of now it's not known if the rumor is true.

Tough Pigs posted an article on known deleted scenes here http://www.toughpigs.com/muppets-unseen/

That listed 11 things. The extended Tex Richman rap is listed as a seperate feature, a Muppets Studio logo shouldn't really count, and I think the red carpet/prision scene are all part of the same sequence, so.... We've got 8! It also mentioned many celebrities, who may or may not be part of known deleted scenes.

Interestingly, there was a scene where they explain Thog's bigger size (I don't recall reading any such confirmation before). If that's true, then we could have gotten to hear Thog speak (though Thog still had his own scene, being stuck in the arches). When it comes to deleting a Thog scene, and a Clifford scene, I wonder if these might have been cut for providing too much obscure or semi-obscure in-jokes/fan service (though I don't know what Clifford's supposed pressence would have been).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
sweet, torrent time. *expletive deleted* Disney. Consumers shouldnt play their games. If they dont want to support dvd, then dont release a dvd. It costs NOTHING EXTRA to put the same dvd extras on the dvd. Scott Pilgrim dvd has a lot of the blu ray extras , all on one disc. Its just a BULLY tactic is all. One I absolutely will not support
I'm with you on this one. Let me know when you find a good copy.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Does anybody here think we should email Disney Info about including all the bonus features on both DVD and Blue-Ray? just a thought.
Do it. I already sent something, got nothing back, but if they get a lot of those, it MIGHT help.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
clifford was in this ?
There was an article on The Muppet Mindset written by somebody who attended a public appearance by Kevin Clash regarding Being Elmo, and it was said that Clifford would be in the movie, though the writer didn't say how (and I doubt Kevin Clash would have splurged details). But I didn't spot Clifford in the movie. Hopefully if he had his own scene it'll make it to the deleted scenes.

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
If anyone gets any information on whether the BluRay will play on multi region players, please post it here! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.