Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking if iTunes has the bonus features with it i'll buy that one, but I'd rather and actual DVD as apossed to a copy of it on my iPod. Plus iTunes doesn't tell you what the features are before you buy it. So I might just be stuck with the blooper reel, which I could have got on the DVD.
Plus why is there no DVD/Digital Copy release? That one I would buy.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We already had this debate. Even if TVs are so "cheap" not everyone can just go out and drop 200 dollars. not everyone can just go out and drop 60 bucks. Seriously, that is a flawed argument and do I need to point to my huge rant about it?
In a thread about all these special features we originally thought were not going to be released you've complained endlessly about how they packaged them. It's kind of like the few people who whined about ticket and concession stand prices when the movie first came out in theaters. It's a legitimate point, but it's a froggin' new Muppet movie made available to us!

The solution? Well a Blu-ray doesn't require a new tv, just a $60 player and if that's too expensive then there's a combo pack with everything in it for $26. That's not outrageous for a single-disc much less an all-in-one 3 disc pack! You might have to view the special features at a friends house or when you can afford a new player, but them's the brakes. I understand the frustration. I'm broke too, but I have no sympathy for any of the griping. None. Life's a happy song! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to put something in perspective here in a fresh post.

The last time a theatrical Muppet movie debuted on home video it was the VHS-only "Muppets From Space" in the fall of 1999. There's an entire generation between then and now! I'm just happy to see how far the Muppets (and technology) have come. It's thrilling to finally have a new movie out. Everything else is noise that just can't drown out the Muppet songs stuck in my head! :sing::cool:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
The solution? Well a Blu-ray doesn't require a new tv, just a $60 player
this...i think people (not just muppet fans but people in general) think Blu ray players dont work without an HDTV...you should see my set up...i have a PS3 i got for Christmas and an old Phillips Magnavox 50 pound tv that was given to me...and the Picture looks amazing still....your personal TVS will work fine with Blu Ray players trust me i know..and yes the blu ray does bring up the quality even on older tvs... shocking i know

also i want to say something...not as a complaint but as a little tid bit thats been bugging me....i know a few members who actually have been posting here about the complaints of blu ray who actually do own blu rays and a blu ray player but only seem to complain only so they are liked...i wont name names or point fingers but you know you who are...theres no need for the lying

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
endlessly? what are you talking about? I expressed my feedlings of how stupid it was to be selling a dvd with nothing on it for 3 dollars less. You questioned me, i explained further and let it drop. If you even read my last post here I acknowlege my share of complaining. But All I want is to agree to disagree and let it drop.

And I am very much aware blu ray players work on regular tvs. But to enjoy a blu ray to its fullest potential you need a high def tv. And as i stated countless times, it makes little sense to watch a blu ray in standard def when a cheaper dvd gives the same quality picture.

do I need to remind everyone i have a ps3?

this the last time i am posting here. I wanted to defend myself and let the whole thing drop. This is just getting out of hand.

edit: i missed that last part of frogpuppeteers post and I have a feeling you are refering to me. No, I am not complaining because I want to be liked. I am complaining because I am genuinly frustrated with the state of the media these days shoving blu ray down your throat.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
e
edit: i missed that last part of frogpuppeteers post and I have a feeling you are refering to me. No, I am not complaining because I want to be liked. I am complaining because I am genuinly frustrated with the state of the media these days shoving blu ray down your throat.
no worries Floyed...i actually wasnt talking about you...i know you have a PS3 and your concerns arnt about it being on DVD or Blu Ray but like you said the ridciculous price of some things i still cant beleive the Transformers 3 blue ray combo is 50 bucks...i mean really...is it that much more exclusive that normal..i personally only own 2 blu rays...didnt pay more then 25 for both

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh thats a relief. I have no problem paying 25 or even 30 for a blu ray...its that alarming price when you see certain ones for 40 or 50.

in regaurds to the muppets, Its not the price. I will gladly pay the 25 dollars. Its the fact I dont like feeling like I am being pushed into buying something becuase of that carrot dangling in front of me.

perhaps I am partially at fault for failure to explain myself properly

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh thats a relief. I have no problem paying 25 or even 30 for a blu ray...its that alarming price when you see certain ones for 40 or 50.

in regaurds to the muppets, Its not the price. I will gladly pay the 25 dollars. Its the fact I dont like feeling like I am being pushed into buying something becuase of that carrot dangling in front of me.

perhaps I am partially at fault for failure to explain myself properly
They should have created a two disc DVD, but that's called marketing.

I agree that it makes little sense to view high res media on a low res monitor now, but in retrospect it will make even less sense to buy lower res old technology that's nearly the same price when everything is moving to hi-res. It saves having to double-dip later. It's the wiser choice even though Disney did kind of make it for you. And you have a PS3? Lucky!!! :wink: Glass half-full.