When you need to rant...

Misskermie

Reaction score
You know what? Why do people squit their eyes when you can't see? It only makes it harder to see!!!

And why is it when two or more people are involved in a fight, from the same table at school, everyone sitting at the table gets in trouble for it?

And why do teachers threaten to not let kids go to lunch if they don't shut up, when they really can't do that, because children are needed to be fed at school by law?

And tell me why the lunch lady blamed my table for orange peels on the floor, and put up the table, when we din't do it, and it was the class before us? And she was ignit about it too. It took me forever to find a seat, and she said,
"You shouldn't have left peels on the floor. Maybe you'd find a seat by now."
That made everyone mad. We all hated her in the first place, but she crossed the line this time.
I muttered a not bad word.
"Frickin' futher mucker..." My words exactly!
I didn't have an orange that day, or the day before that day, so I was ticked.
Then, she said she was going to take 2 more tables because she found
single
chicken nugget
on
the
floor.
So, tell me, she takes one table, and the place is crowded. So, what happens if she has taken a total of 3?
That's ok, because if all the tables on my team's side of the cafeteria are taken, she has nothing to do, so she'll get fired, 'cause her behind don't cook!

Sorry, but that really ticked me off, I had to let it go.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know what? Why do people squit their eyes when you can't see? It only makes it harder to see!!!
As someone who wears glasses and still can't see, squinting does indeed help...to er...varying degrees. It has to do with how the light enters your eyes. For people who need glasses, the light enters the eyes and does not focus as it should. Squinting sometimes helps the light focus and be more concentrated.

And why is it when two or more people are involved in a fight, from the same table at school, everyone sitting at the table gets in trouble for it?
Um...accomplices?

And why do teachers threaten to not let kids go to lunch if they don't shut up, when they really can't do that, because children are needed to be fed at school by law?
I've wondered this myself
And tell me why the lunch lady blamed my table for orange peels on the floor, and put up the table, when we din't do it, and it was the class before us? And she was ignit about it too. It took me forever to find a seat, and she said,
"You shouldn't have left peels on the floor. Maybe you'd find a seat by now."
That made everyone mad. We all hated her in the first place, but she crossed the line this time.
I muttered a not bad word.
"Frickin' futher mucker..." My words exactly!
I didn't have an orange that day, or the day before that day, so I was ticked.
Then, she said she was going to take 2 more tables because she found
single
chicken nugget
on
the
floor.
So, tell me, she takes one table, and the place is crowded. So, what happens if she has taken a total of 3?
That's ok, because if all the tables on my team's side of the cafeteria are taken, she has nothing to do, so she'll get fired, 'cause her behind don't cook!

Sorry, but that really ticked me off, I had to let it go.
Are you me from 10 years ago? O_0

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know about squinting, but what helps me see a LITTLE without glasses is if I pull on the outer corners of my eyes until whatever I'm trying to look at comes into focus... however, it only works better in the dark when I'm looking at something with light, like the TV screen, or the alarm clock.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Squinting does help for like a split second but it's not worth it and I don't want to create wrinkles, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's my rant about he-man-ness...

I'm glad that some things have become much more socially acceptable in recent years, like glasses for example (which is why I take issue with Tina Fey always trying to ditch her specs these days) or braces, but one thing that ticks me off is how body hair is no longer socially acceptable as being he-man.

I mean I remember when I was a kid, hairy chests were considered really he-man and impressive, and the ironic thing is although I'm naturally VERY hairy (kinda like Bob Hoskins... I know, pretty picture), my chest was actually the last place I sprouted hair... then by the time I did get chest hair, all of the sudden, men are supposed to be all completely hairless and smooth to be he-man and babe magnets... and THAT in itself is ironic, because hairless men used to be considered effeminate, but now it's he-man?

Well, here's what I have to say about that: I am NOT shaving every bit of hair off my body... I have enough trouble just shaving my facial hair everyday without cutting myself.

Misskermie

Reaction score
At school, they just gotta have abs... Unless ur me.
I'm in to funny, smart guys, who are wimpier than me. LOL

mo

Reaction score
At school, they just gotta have abs... Unless ur me.
I'm in to funny, smart guys, who are wimpier than me. LOL
I actually don't wanna have a bf at the minute unless it's grover! I have freinds that are boys!