1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Eh, there are still a couple good shows currently. I also can find good shows on netflix. But, yeah I do read a lot in my spare time..
  2. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

You know what? I hate how they put characters that kid could watch on adult things, so then the little kids can't collect them!

Ex: Fraggle Rock Shot Glasses

Tell me, me being 13, can I own a shot glass without getting in trouble, or without my parents' disapproval?

And another thing, don't you HATE when people walk up to you, and question you about stuff you like, or why you do things that a lot of other ghetto chirren,
    (Yes, chirren, I watch too much Madea =P) And when you give them a straight answer, they get irritated!

Examples of questions that I'm asked in a ignit fashion:

• Why do you gotta like Muppets? No offense, but that's a dumb question to ask me.
    • Why do you wear Kermit so much? Walmart doesn't have any Miss Piggy shirts.
    • Why do you like Brett? Um... I don't really want to tell you that...
    • Why are you wearing a St. patricks day shirt, when it's not St. Patricks day? Because I want to... And Kermit's on it...

So, yup. That's my rant.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You know what gets me going into a slow burn? Window/glass cleaners. You know why? Because they all say they're "streak-free", yet when you go to click a window, a mirror, an old glass TV screen, etc, what do you see afterwards? Streaks, smudges, and smears.

False advertising at its finest.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's fine as long as you don't drink anything out of them. I had a whole bunch of empty 3 Stooges Beer Bottles a neighbor washed out and gave to me, as I like the Stooges.
  5. mo

mo Well-Known Member

some kids in my class were singing mahna mahna when I asked if they knew what a snowth was...that shut them up!
    miss kermie likes this.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Its 1:25 and my roommate is still asleep! I don't understand how its humanly possible to sleep so much. I'm up by 8. Sometimes 11 on weekends to catch up on my lack of sleep on the weekdays (on average I get about 5 hours of sleep a night).

But...I just don't get how someone can sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon!
  7. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Discovered today that Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease is not as rare in adults as doctors in my area have been letting on... because I now have it thanks to over a dozen kids at work sharing with me. My boss couldn't give me an answer as to whether or not I should stay home tomorrow because she, like everyone else, could only say, "Wow, I've never seen that on an adult..." Wow, how original a thought~ neither have I, people! (Did I mention she's also 21 and directing a daycare without a college degree...?)
    Sooooo, I'll be working tomorrow... hopefully it won't be spread to my face by the morning so I don't get parents whining about me being there.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Oh I definitely understand, I've done that many times, lol. One time in college my roommate and I didn't get up until like 3pm and then immediately we started thinking about dinner, lol.
  9. miss kermie

Don't you hate when you eat something good, and can't help but eat more, but then you eat so much that you spit up? I did that today. and then I said,
    "That's what I get for being piggish!"
  10. D'Snowth

And why does Jennifer Lawrence look like an exact duplicate of Rachel McAdams?
  11. D'Snowth

Here's a MAJOR rant of mine: ads.

I mean ads are bad enough with them simply being displayed on a page you're looking at... I remember back in the day when NO ads made a website look professional and official, but now, it seems like there's not a single website out there that doesn't have at least three ads on each page... then it got worse, we started having to sit and wait through 30-second commercials just to watch maybe a minute-long video on YouTube... and as if that wasn't bad enough, NOW we have to face the same kind of thing just to play games on the internet (like Yahoo! Games and such).

And don't even get me started on commercial breaks on TV... I mean it's hard enough as a writer trying to cram as much content as you can into 21-minute's worth of script and have it all flow smoothly and make sense, but now half hour shows are about to be shortened again to 18 1/2 minutes... that's going to make it impossible to write a decent half hour script!
    newsmanfan and miss kermie like this.
  12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Are you serious? 18 minutes? How is that possible? When was this announced?
    What in the world is wrong with these people? So I'm taking it that a 44 minute episode will be about, what? 38 minutes?
    This is crazy. In four years the shows will be about four minutes long.
  13. miss kermie

I really hate when teachers talk to other students when you're trying to concentrate during a test.

If she wants us to have a good grade, she should be quiet!

And I hate that Teacher can use phones but students cannot!
  14. TheWoodringman

TheWoodringman Active Member

I strongly dislike "The Hunger Games." I mean, in my study skills class, we read the book, I STRONGLY DISLIKED IT. Then they literally had to DRAG ME on a field trip to see the movie at the theater and on the day "The Three Stooges." came out too! :cry: But luckily I didn't pay attention to the film (I stared at the floor the whole time) I only watched the previews!
    I'd rather read the parody novel "The Hunger Pains."
  15. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Rant: rednecks who would rather spend money on their 3 1/2 nonworking vehicles half-taken-apart in the backyard than spend a dime on home repairs and maintenance until it reaches catastrophe stage.

Who the frog taught these idiots budgeting, anyway??
    --------------
    miss kermie likes this.
  16. Sgt Floyd

AHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup, I see that alllll the time where I live XD
  17. miss kermie

OMG, My Poppy does that, and he's not even a redneck, he's like... a black (No racisim intended) guy who grew up in europe... But he was born here...
  18. D'Snowth

Women with tattoos.

I know I'm not going to be popular for this, and it may come across as superficial, but I feel that tattoos on women are a major turn-off, yet I don't understand why more and more women keep getting more and more tattoos. There's an old saying, "Why would anyone want to hang a picture on their body that they wouldn't be caught dead hanging on their wall?"
    miss kermie likes this.
  19. Sgt Floyd

I've considered getting a tattoo of a dragon or something, but only in a place where others can't see it, like my shoulder blade :o

I've always said do not get tattoos of bands, tv shows, movies, or anything pop culture. You are more likely to regret it in the future. Especially if the thing in question is long forgotten and very unpopular
  20. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The tattoo thing, I get that it started out as a rebellious act but now it's become so common that it's almost more rebellious not to get one! Lol