1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I hate pretty boys who are skinny and muscular and look like they are trying too hard to impress the ladies. I like gruff looking dudes with a bit of meat of them.

Or long hair. Long hair is sexy. Unless they don't wash it. Then its gross.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I keep my long hair and I also shave a bit, but I still keep some hair on my skin. The only parts I leave unshaved are the middle of my chest and my you-know-what. :D
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Why do we park in driveways, and drive on parkways?
    Muppet fan 123 and mo like this.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not too big on ladies who are all skin-and-bones (Taylor Swift, Michelle Williams, Kristen Stewart), I prefer REAL women with natural curves.

And that's another rant of mine, which I know I've said before, but since this is our general rant thread, I hate how modern society has taken the word "curves" COMPLETELY out of context! Women are SUPPOSED to have curves, that's how they were made, so when someone talks about a woman being "curvy", it's SUPPOSED to be a compliment that they have a nice figure, but today, society (well, mostly Hollywood and the media,... which society seems to like to base itself on), has turned the term "curvy" into a politically correct way of saying a woman is fat, and today, apparently women who DO have nice figures are considered "fat" anymore, whereas women who basically have the body structures of little boys are the ones who are supposedly sex symbols these days.

As far as "meat" goes, I don't know why, but I actually kind of have a slight weakness for what's refered to as "bat wings".
  5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

*cough cough* Link Hogthrob
  6. mo

mo Well-Known Member

It's true LOve has gotten more and more stupid as the years go by. appearence is what it's all about now. not character. the kids at my school are jerks.

yeah >< no I'm not ugly! and I'm not made fun of! why would I be made fun of when When I should be a dental model!
  7. D'Snowth

And now for yet another one of my same-old-same-old rants that usually Drtooth and heralde tend to weigh in on with their own opinions that are basically, "True, but the thing of it is..." kind of thing...

Have you seen the promos or heard about this new "sitcom" on ABC called Don't Trust the B---- in Apt 23? This, and this alone, is the exact kind of garbage I am SICK and TIRED to DEATH of seeing on television all the time anymore! Apparently, it's about this... well, she's not really a "lady-of-the-evening", but let's just say, she's like the female equivilant of Charlie Sheen from 2.5 Men... I mean, there's already too much of this kind of situation on TV on random, occasionally occurances like on practically every Chuck Lorre show, or any show for that matter, scripted or unscripted, but now this: an entire sitcom devoted to that kind of situation (even moreso than Charlie Harper's lifestyle).

Where is the FCC? WHY do they continually allow this kind of garbage to pollute the television landscape all the time? Why does this kind of garbage have to be glorified to the point that it isn't even considered morally reprehensible anymore? When is enough going to be enough?
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I agree, what is ABC thinking?! It's being shown after modern Family tonight so it gets more recognition. When I heard the title for this show, I just knew it'll be dumb. I sometimes have no idea what is going through their minds when they air such stupid things. Even their good shows have been just.. ridiculous. (Have you seen Modern Family this season?). And what with that show, Last Man Standing. I surprised it didn't get cancelled, does anyone watch that? (They probably don't have anything to replace it with.)
    Probably be cancelled next week if not, I give it four episodes max.
    D'Snowth likes this.
  9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Ugh, I agree. It looks like complete and utter crap and it will definitely be cancelled. I mean seriosuly, why waste money on crap like this?
    D'Snowth and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  10. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Compare TV, or even sitcoms back in the 1970s to 1990s, then compare right now. In my opinion, the majority of my favorite shows go a while back.:smirk:
  11. D'Snowth

You're telling me. Heck, go back further, sitcoms from the late 50s through the 70s are MUCH funnier, and actually MAKE SENSE compared to most sitcoms on TV today!
  12. D'Snowth

And you know, even though I think perhaps Chevy Chase is going a little overboard in his tirades, I think he does pretty much have a point... a couple of weeks ago, my dad and I ended up seeing an episode of community... when it was over, we looked at each other and said, "What did we just watch?" It's not funny. It makes no sense. Why is it on TV?
  13. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that too. I kinda liked the show when it started, but it ain't good anymore.
    And Chevy Chase's lines are just..stupid. He doesn't say anything funny. Why is he there? The other characters aren't funny either. It seems people like this show.
    (P.S. Is that the same Chevy Chase that's in Follow that Bird? (as the news reporter))?
  14. D'Snowth

Indeed. As far as comedy goes, he's one of the greats. He was one of the original SNL castmembers, he really is a comedy legend.
  15. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would care about Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 if it was called Apartment 23 or something more plain. It's part of a marketing scheme by ABC to drum up attention. Look at Cougar Town; I haven't watched a lot of it, but I've gathered it's not about the "cougar" lifestyle, but a fairly typical sitcom. ABC likes giving their shows tawdry titles (GCB anyone?).
  16. D'Snowth

I never even heard the "Don't Trust the B----" part of the title until the last couple of days or so, I saw promos for it weeks ago, and they only refered to it as "Apt. 23", but even then, all I could do was shake my head and try not to bang it against the wall.
  17. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    *shrug* Why do you guys even WATCH TV anymore? Despite the Count's proclamation, it is still and will be evermore a "wast vasteland". Wouldn't you rather be reading, or writing, or puppeteering instead??

-------------
  18. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Reading? What's that? ;)
    Muppet fan 123 and heralde like this.
  19. Karamazova

Karamazova New Member

i kant reed lawl
    heralde likes this.
  20. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I actually posted earlier on this thread that I can't read.I can.